watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The straw that broke the fans back?

Started by Rambling_Syd_Rumpo, December 11, 2010, 07:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...I don't give a stuff about liverpool, it is my Fulham that is suffering.

I have heard and understood all the excuses - but I still fail to understand why 95% of our Europa campaign squad have suddenly lost the ability to play as a team...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

CULTUREVULTURE

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 11, 2010, 10:17:00 PM

I have heard and understood all the excuses - but I still fail to understand why 95% of our Europa campaign squad have suddenly lost the ability to play as a team...

There is a school of thought that it is because they are 6 months older.

Personally I think that's rubbish.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 11, 2010, 10:11:59 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on December 11, 2010, 10:09:57 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 11, 2010, 10:03:50 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on December 11, 2010, 09:47:46 PM
...to all the optimists I suggest you don't walk down from the back of H6 and listen to what they are saying.

It pains me to say it with witchypoo looking in, but that was rubbish, no change in tactics from the previous games, players looking frustrated that they don't know or understand the gameplan.

I am seriously considering whether I want to endure watching MY football club being led further into the mire on boxing day.

Enjoy the blind optimism...

Personally I though we played really well in the second half, dominated the game, ball just wouldn't stick up top without a target man. Things are improving, West Ham is a great chance against a struggling to team to score some goals and build some confidence.

The team is about to click into shape, if we pull off a shock at Anfield Hughes will be god.
This is a good time to play Liverpool. Gerrard may still be out for another week (at least he won't hopefully last a whole match.)

I watched the Newcastle game today as well and Liverpool was shocking. I counted one chance that Torres completely wasted. The goal was a lucky and massive deflection. Their defense is very vulnerable and their midfield was owned by Newcastle today.

Lucky to escape with only a 3-1 loss. In think we are in with a reasonable shout next week at Anfield actually.

Our players will be so pumped up for the game as well, show Roy what hes missing.

Being in 17th spot you mean? Remind him of happier days, back in Pompey.

Seriously, I'll have some of what you're having then put a £10 on us not winning ($10 for you, Finn!): we haven't won away since a shot deflected off Bobby's arse at Pompey! Our next away win won't come at Anfield.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on December 11, 2010, 10:19:05 PM

+1

It's not that the team have turned rubbish in less than half a season, it's because the manager doesn't have the first clue about tactics.

exempli gratia:

That old dumb British managerial chestnut, more strikers = more goals. As timmyg points out on Craven Cottage Newsround today:

It's probably no coincidence that Sunderland started threatening our goal immediately after Etuhu was replaced by EJ (and Gera took his spot), and Bruce brought on Zenden.

Zenden killed our midfield on the counter and easily could have assisted 2 goals. Good job by Bruce to recognize that, and bad for Hughes to again withdraw a CM for a striker and see our shape dissolve in full view.

MJG

+1 to both posts, its down to team selection and style...and that comes from Hughes.

finnster01

Quote from: MJG on December 11, 2010, 10:22:35 PM
+1 to both posts, its down to team selection and style...and that comes from Hughes.
Style yes. Selection no. What choices does he really have? If his biggest conundrum is whether Salcido or Baird starts on left back he is not a very busy man that's for sure.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SmithyFFC

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on December 11, 2010, 10:19:05 PM

Playing a different system pheraps? Duff and Davies playing on the wrong, or right wings, either way you look at it, Etuhu playing as an attacking midfielder, injuries to new signings Dembele and Salcido and the loss of our most important player last season might just of had an affect.
FTID

SmithyFFC

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 11, 2010, 10:19:56 PM
...to all the optimists I suggest you don't walk down from the back of H6 and listen to what they are saying.

It pains me to say it with witchypoo looking in, but that was rubbish, no change in tactics from the previous games, players looking frustrated that they don't know or understand the gameplan.

I am seriously considering whether I want to endure watching MY football club being led further into the mire on boxing day.

Personally I though we played really well in the second half, dominated the game, ball just wouldn't stick up top without a target man. Things are improving, West Ham is a great chance against a struggling to team to score some goals and build some confidence.

The team is about to click into shape, if we pull off a shock at Anfield Hughes will be god.
This is a good time to play Liverpool. Gerrard may still be out for another week (at least he won't hopefully last a whole match.)

I watched the Newcastle game today as well and Liverpool was shocking. I counted one chance that Torres completely wasted. The goal was a lucky and massive deflection. Their defense is very vulnerable and their midfield was owned by Newcastle today.

Lucky to escape with only a 3-1 loss. In think we are in with a reasonable shout next week at Anfield actually.

Our players will be so pumped up for the game as well, show Roy what hes missing.

Seriously, I'll have some of what you're having then put a £10 on us not winning ($10 for you, Finn!): we haven't won away since a shot deflected off Bobby's arse at Pompey! Our next away win won't come at Anfield.

Show him what his missing in the sense of a low pressure job were the fans aren't on the managers back 24/7, which doesn't seem to be the case at Fulham anymore.

Gerrards injured, Torres is still badly out of form, Liverpool are there for the taking.
FTID

bigalffc

Weve got to hope hughes can get some good replacements in jan we must keep the faith at least till feb he hasn't had a fair chance so far.I do however wonder why we are still trying to play in the same way without a target/hold up player on the pitch.Fulham has had worse times and still overcome.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

ImperialWhite

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 11, 2010, 10:28:33 PM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 11, 2010, 10:19:56 PM

Show him what his missing in the sense of a low pressure job were the fans aren't on the managers back 24/7, which doesn't seem to be the case at Fulham anymore.

Gerrards injured, Torres is still badly out of form, Liverpool are there for the taking.

They've come home with 5 wins from the last 5 fixtures at Anfield, 13-2 GD. (the game before that was the defeat to Blackpool)

MJG

Quote from: finnster01 on December 11, 2010, 10:25:37 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 11, 2010, 10:22:35 PM
Style yes. Selection no. What choices does he really have? If his biggest conundrum is whether Salcido or Baird starts on left back he is not a very busy man that's for sure.

Well let's start at full back...for various reasons he has played 6 players in that position. Wide Midfield...had Davies deserved to play as many games and if so maybe should be on left. Dickson...sorry apart from two games has been rubbish. Gera fecked around with at start of season....all selection stuff.

SmithyFFC

Well then if the results decided why don't we just not bother going?

Yes we probably won't win but lets be positive and get behind the team.
FTID

Oakeshott

"The answer shocked me-they all, and I mean out of 20 all 20,said that Mark Hughes is not and never has been the man for Fulham"

That very much reflects my own thought - irrespective of whether we were doing quite well early in the season or poorly as currently. I think it is because it seems likely that he has come just to do what Roy in practice did, ie use us for a couple of seasons before moving on to something better.

With Roy, I had the feeling that he would be with us 'til either he retired or was offered the England job, and that he would become a Fulham man. That was naive given his career record of moving around but it was what I thought. With Hughes I have the impression that he came to us because there was no better offer to get his career back on track after his sacking by Man. City, and he doesn't feel like a Fulham man. And frankly nor would have Jol.

There is also the way the two have treated Ray Lewington: Roy kept him as a key part of the team whereas he seems to have been marginalised under Hughes and I suspect that only the loyalty of MAF has kept him at Fulham at all. Ray may lack what it takes to be a Premiership manager but he's a real Fulham guy.

Obviously I hope Hughes gets the side winning again, and I don't fault his purchases. Everything he says is measured and sensible and I am sure he will strengthen us in January. But I don't feel any bond towards him like I did with both Chris Coleman and Roy - both of whom seemed passionate about our club even if, in Roy's case, that passion didn't go beyond moving away at the offer of a better job.

finnster01

Quote from: Oakeshott on December 11, 2010, 10:40:58 PM
"The answer shocked me-they all, and I mean out of 20 all 20,said that Mark Hughes is not and never has been the man for Fulham"

That very much reflects my own thought - irrespective of whether we were doing quite well early in the season or poorly as currently. I think it is because it seems likely that he has come just to do what Roy in practice did, ie use us for a couple of seasons before moving on to something better.

With Roy, I had the feeling that he would be with us 'til either he retired or was offered the England job, and that he would become a Fulham man. That was naive given his career record of moving around but it was what I thought. With Hughes I have the impression that he came to us because there was no better offer to get his career back on track after his sacking by Man. City, and he doesn't feel like a Fulham man. And frankly nor would have Jol.

There is also the way the two have treated Ray Lewington: Roy kept him as a key part of the team whereas he seems to have been marginalised under Hughes and I suspect that only the loyalty of MAF has kept him at Fulham at all. Ray may lack what it takes to be a Premiership manager but he's a real Fulham guy.

Obviously I hope Hughes gets the side winning again, and I don't fault his purchases. Everything he says is measured and sensible and I am sure he will strengthen us in January. But I don't feel any bond towards him like I did with both Chris Coleman and Roy - both of whom seemed passionate about our club even if, in Roy's case, that passion didn't go beyond moving away at the offer of a better job.
Very fair points Mr Oakeshott.

LBNo11

...sorry, it annoys me when people presume because I am not happy (an understatement) with the performaces and they roll of the mantra "get behind the team", I do get behind the team, every game, I don't boo, I cheer even the most pathetic excuses of players - no matter what  - I give 100%, and usually when we go a goal behind the first voice you will hear is mine singing "Come On Fulham".

Time I saw some return from the pitch, time they got behind me and thousands like me...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 11, 2010, 10:52:56 PM
...sorry, it annoys me when people presume because I am not happy (an understatement) with the performaces and they roll of the mantra "get behind the team", I do get behind the team, every game, I don't boo, I cheer even the most pathetic excuses of players - no matter what  - I give 100%, and usually when we go a goal behind the first voice you will hear is mine singing "Come On Fulham".

Time I saw some return from the pitch, time they got behind me and thousands like me...
Also very fair points Mr LB.

However, has it occurred to you that you may very well be a more talented football supporter than they are players?

SmithyFFC

Do you really believe the players aren't giving 100%? Just because the results aren't coming doesn't mean theres a lack of effort, missing a target man upfront is what is costing us.
FTID

ImperialWhite

:Sparkyticus:

Yes yes yes yes, agree 100%.

I do get behind the team
- I pay rather too much for a ticket
- I don't boo
- I applaud the players at the end
- I don't call players donkeys/see you next Tuesdays
- I get involved with all the chants (bar the ones that involve getting into 'em and effin em up)

What I won't do is denigrate the finest manager we've ever had, the most successful team we've ever had whilst at the same time hero worshipping a manager who is dragging us into a relegation dog fight.

FatFreddysCat

Oh for fecks sake how fickle are the Hughes out lynch mob? I cant remember such an injury list, and yes just Bobby missing is a massive set back , add the others on top and it's as bad as i remember. So away games under Woy were much better eh? how come our away support is much better this season? As White Witch said earlier, if we are struggling come march then sack him, but i know 100% he will get it right, my only fear is he will get the boot before the transfer window. Calm down dears it's only december .
 Fat Fred saying make this thread a sticky . Just to see who is making a plonker of themselves. lets keep this up there, obviously i wont take being wrong if Hughes dosent get the transfer window, but trust me he'll be a good un. And for all you doubters who would you have up front now and think they'll score goals??? Exactly  :59:

MJG

" I cant remember such an injury list,"
Right so that's bobby,dembele,hellache,senderos and..three of them had nothing to do with last season...so why are the team poor this year...bobby not being on the pitch does not explain the all round individual poor performances.