watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Viewing Tonight

Started by filham, February 14, 2021, 12:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Tonight's match is being screened by BT Sport and I am having difficulty watching their programmes on either of my two Smart televisions  which have wireless connection only to my BT Hub, one of the televisions is only 2m away from the Hub.

I do however manage to watch ,without problems, on my desk top PC which is hard wired to the Hub.

I am awaiting a call from a BT technician, meanwhile it would be interesting to know it any one else has similar problems.

Herbie

Yes, I got rid of BT Sport as the signal always dropped out whilst watching on the telly.  It only happened with BT Sport; all other streaming services are totally fine and dandy.

bog

Have to be honest I am fortunate in never having any trouble with any football match pictures, other than when Fulham lose of course.....  :022:

092.gif

Ronnief

I have found that I can only view BT on one device namely my smart tv. I think a lot has do do with when I first set it up. I only pay a basic charge and BT frequently send me emails asking me to update for an extra charge. 092.gif

alfie

Never had any issues, perhaps I shouldn't have said that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

abfg

I don't have BT sport hub but I watch via my FireStick using the app and a monthly pass while I can't use my season ticket.

As an electronic engineer, I'd say the following regards wireless, and I've helped several people with the following advice - walls have wires and pipes in them that can interfere. Even appliances just the other side of the wall. If your hub or smart tv is near a cable in a wall carrying a lot of current, or just the other side of a wall from a fridge/freezer/washing machine this could interfere. My bolier + microwave on together in the kitchen take out my wireless speaker in there!!

My suggestion if you can, is try moving the hub or receiving device away from any liekly source of interference and see what happens. Also take note if there's any correlation between things being on and bad quality.

filham

Quote from: Herbie on February 14, 2021, 01:07:31 PM
Yes, I got rid of BT Sport as the signal always dropped out whilst watching on the telly.  It only happened with BT Sport; all other streaming services are totally fine and dandy.
Yes that is exactly how it is for me. I think I will try hard wiring between the Hub and the smart TV.
BT Sport comes free with my BT Telepphone/Broadband /Mobile package.

SuffolkWhite

Couldn't get my smart tv to work with bt so got on the laptop and andi lead between the two and it works fine. A bit clunky but works as good as now tv .
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

davew

Hesgoal.com as usual, though I find it does break up sometimes, but better than nothing.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Dodgin

My laptop froze at 60 minutes when I got it back we were 2 up