watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Terrific Ninety Minutes

Started by WindyCity, February 15, 2021, 03:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

I dare say this win v Everton may have been the best game FFC has played, from start to finish, in the last 2-3 years!  As frustrating as the first half was, ending scoreless and many good chances wasted, the lads came out strong again in the second half and continued an aggressive, dominant performance, scored a couple goals, and got the well deserved and earned win. 

What I liked the most about it was a consistently fine show for the entire game.  We've seen some nice results over past several seasons, but most were a tale of two halves, maybe one good, one poor, but the good resulted in three points.  Or perhaps just a fortunate goal for a win in a poorly played game overall.  But yesterdays win was comforting.  Seeing the team play so strong the entire ninety minutes. 

Hopefully FFC can build on this performance and win some more games and survive this campaign!  COYW

Holders

You're right. One would have thought that Everton would have come out strongly in the second half but whatever effort they made we countered.

Very satisfactory.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Bill2

Watched the full match today, we were excellent. Just a few problems but everyone worked really hard covered a lot of ground but still played some lovely football.

SouthIslandWhite

I said these exact words to a few mates yesterday. Best team performance that I can recall over last 5 years imo. Inspired performances by all, coaches/staff, even the late substitutes did a job.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

filham

We were dominant  in the first half but at half time I really thought we were in for the common game of two halves with Everton notching a winning goal.
Without doubt that second half showing made it our best performance for a long,  long time.

Dodgin

Watched the game again, was quite a performance. Like Aina on the left.

WindyCity

Quote from: Dodgin on February 15, 2021, 09:05:54 PM
Watched the game again, was quite a performance. Like Aina on the left.

Yep, me too.  But when I saw the starting XI posted, I was a little disappointed.  Robinson is one of my favorite players and surprised to see him on the bench.  I know his crosses and passing is sometimes criticized, but I thought a couple of games before his red card he was actually doing much better with that.  Since returning, he hasn't seemed his 'normal' self for some reason.  Not making those long wing runs and his passing/crossing has been spotty.  Aina, to his credit, was excellent.  Hope we continue to see him there, seemed to be a winning formula.  Robinson will have to earn his way back into the starting lineup.

bog

Licker-1

Hiya lads, a true blue for over 60 years here and have always enjoyed the games against you home or away.
I used to post on here years ago and got to know a few of the lads from meeting in the pub before the games. Just like to say how well your lads played the other day. We were well off our normal game but you made us look that way, so we can have no complaints, i really hope you can somehow save yourself  from relegation, we need friendly family clubs like yourself to visit for the games when all this covid crap is over. Keep playing as you played against us and you might just do it. Good luck for the remainder of the season.  Cheers   
Bill.

General

I'm going to bring things down a notch - I think we're getting carried away with the performance. It was good, but to say it's the best we've seen for the last however many years may be only true to do how badly we've played/the standard we've played at - i.e. championship level/relegation form etc. In terms of dominating teams, the game vs Millwall would go down as a much better game.

On top of that angle, I think some people simply seem to have chosen to forget the additional factors. Obviously a win is great and there's a hope it gives the players a psychological boost going into the next three games, which are really key for us, but we were playing a weakened Everton team, even Ancellotti, who gave us credit for outplaying them, as well as Everton fans said they played below their usual standards and that fatigue of the game against Tottenham and not playing with their first choice CB pairing in Mina and Keane was a failing on their behalf (mainly from the fans)..

Their fans have also stipulated that Everton simply don't have that big a squad to rotate players. That also doesn't take into account DCL wasn't playing (who scored two goals against us at CC and was a nuisance all game) and James Rodriguez was recovering from injury still.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take the win - it's important to use it to build confidence - but if we get carried away with ourselves then we're hindering ourselves more than helping ourselves. We can't let up, we have to work harder in the coming weeks and months than we have done and we need to have winning games becomes a much more frequent occurance than a one off, for me to start singing praises and get excited, as simply put, they've been far and few in between this season - we're only on three.

A solid performance, a more clinical performance - yes... but it has to be the new standard and maintained.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: General on February 17, 2021, 12:08:00 PM
I'm going to bring things down a notch - I think we're getting carried away with the performance. It was good, but to say it's the best we've seen for the last however many years may be only true to do how badly we've played/the standard we've played at - i.e. championship level/relegation form etc. In terms of dominating teams, the game vs Millwall would go down as a much better game.

On top of that angle, I think some people simply seem to have chosen to forget the additional factors. Obviously a win is great and there's a hope it gives the players a psychological boost going into the next three games, which are really key for us, but we were playing a weakened Everton team, even Ancellotti, who gave us credit for outplaying them, as well as Everton fans said they played below their usual standards and that fatigue of the game against Tottenham and not playing with their first choice CB pairing in Mina and Keane was a failing on their behalf (mainly from the fans)..

Their fans have also stipulated that Everton simply don't have that big a squad to rotate players. That also doesn't take into account DCL wasn't playing (who scored two goals against us at CC and was a nuisance all game) and James Rodriguez was recovering from injury still.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take the win - it's important to use it to build confidence - but if we get carried away with ourselves then we're hindering ourselves more than helping ourselves. We can't let up, we have to work harder in the coming weeks and months than we have done and we need to have winning games becomes a much more frequent occurance than a one off, for me to start singing praises and get excited, as simply put, they've been far and few in between this season - we're only on three.

A solid performance, a more clinical performance - yes... but it has to be the new standard and maintained.

+1

The last line in particular is pivotal.

We've set a new benchmark now for the way we play, and we have to be consistent in playing to that standard every game.

HV71

Quote from: Licker-1 on February 17, 2021, 11:18:17 AM
Hiya lads, a true blue for over 60 years here and have always enjoyed the games against you home or away.
I used to post on here years ago and got to know a few of the lads from meeting in the pub before the games. Just like to say how well your lads played the other day. We were well off our normal game but you made us look that way, so we can have no complaints, i really hope you can somehow save yourself  from relegation, we need friendly family clubs like yourself to visit for the games when all this covid crap is over. Keep playing as you played against us and you might just do it. Good luck for the remainder of the season.  Cheers   
Bill.

Thank you - much appreciated

Woolly Mammoth

Bill.

I salute you in being so generous with your praise and sportsmanship, it is a breath of fresh air.
I hope we will be playing you in the League next season, it is a tough challenge but if we can reach the heights when we played against you the other night we have a fighting chance.
Thank you once again for your kind words and all the best to you and Everton for the rest of the season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Bill.

Now that is what football support should always be like. Classy!

FFC In Oz

Bill.

Good on you Bill, nice post mate.

Appreciate your wishes, we have our fingers crossed that we can sustain the form we showed against your mob and all the best for your Toffees.

WindyCity

Quote from: General on February 17, 2021, 12:08:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'll take the win

Sure doesn't sound like it!  All I see here are reasons/excuses why FFC beat a weakened (in your view) team.  Sorry, top clubs are top for a reason.  Even if they have to dig into their bench for players they can still produce quality footballers.  And besides, all teams experience injuries along the way, and all one can do is play the games scheduled.  Cap tip to FFC for an outstanding outing!

""A solid performance, a more clinical performance - yes... but it has to be the new standard and maintained.""

Agreed! AND I think that is exactly what most FFC supporters have been saying in many of the current discussions in this forum.