Main Menu

All the teams around us will be watching the Burnley match

Started by 3 Cherries, February 16, 2021, 11:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Cherries

If we grab 3 points at Burnley, its squeaky bum time for Newcastle and Co 

I would suggest this IS the most important match of the season

filham

Yes the teams around us will be much relieved to see a Burnley win tomorrow night, so hope we can disappoint them.

bobby01

I must admit I was certain of relegation. However a win on Wednesday puts us 4 points behind Newcastle and 5 behind Brighton and Burnley. That could be achievable.
The other thing that now gives me hope is although Maja got two tap ins he was in the right place, and after rewatching the match there were numerous occasions he was in or running into a good position in the box but just not seen, hopefully as they,gel these runs will be noticed.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

b+w geezer

Quote from: 3 Cherries on February 16, 2021, 11:50:13 AM
If we grab 3 points at Burnley, its squeaky bum time for Newcastle and Co 

I would suggest this IS the most important match of the season

Hopefully the most important will be the last of the season -- or if not, then for the blissful reason that we have caught up more than 10 points on Newcastle between now and then so it's a dead rubber in the nice way.

Fulham 442

Quote from: bobby01 on February 16, 2021, 12:56:01 PM
I must admit I was certain of relegation. However a win on Wednesday puts us 4 points behind Newcastle and 5 behind Brighton and Burnley. That could be achievable.
The other thing that now gives me hope is although Maja got two tap ins he was in the right place, and after rewatching the match there were numerous occasions he was in or running into a good position in the box but just not seen, hopefully as they,gel these runs will be noticed.
I agree with this.  And as you say although Maja's goals were tap ins he had to be in the right place at the right time, brilliant for his first time out and gives me a glimmer of hope...

JackHamlet90

I think we will draw 1-1 against a big strong side but a win would be huge for our chances no doubt about that. Massive game

The Rock

We are 7 points adrift of Newcastle and 5 points above WBA. We aren't really "around" any teams atm. That being said if anyone is going to beat the drop it's us, but we are still pretty adrift.

Maidstone Lee

I had a browse on a Newcastle forum and they seem very worried about us, especially if we can actually get a win at Turf Moor tomorrow. They seem to believe if it comes down to the final day their heading for the drop.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

The Rock

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on February 16, 2021, 02:49:10 PM
I had a browse on a Newcastle forum and they seem very worried about us, especially if we can actually get a win at Turf Moor tomorrow. They seem to believe if it comes down to the final day their heading for the drop.

I think we were better than Newcastle when we played them, and I think we are better now. We simply need to be within 3 points and at least the same GD on the last day and we will get our chance and I think we can beat them.

3 Cherries

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on February 16, 2021, 01:07:04 PM
I think we will draw 1-1 against a big strong side but a win would be huge for our chances no doubt about that. Massive game

Indeed a win would be huge for us - back to back away wins - bigger than getting promoted!

gerrys

Add to that, on the following Saturday we shall be at home to Sheff. Utd. and Newcastle will be away to Man. Utd......

Wingnut

Mee is a big loss for Burnley. He's going to miss the game as a result of the concussion protocols. Hope that upsets their defensive unit, which is usually rock solid, to be fair to them.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

SouthIslandWhite

So true. Unless you reside near SW6, you'll be cheering for Burnley. All eyes will be watching. COYW!
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

filham

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on February 16, 2021, 01:07:04 PM
A draw and a goal is perhaps the most we should expect at Turf Moor.

davew

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on February 16, 2021, 02:49:10 PM
Good judges of character, if we still have a chance of staying up on the final day, we will take it! They should be worried, but not yet!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

General

Agreed. I still have us down to get relegated at the moment purely based in the fact that Burnley have been in good form and it's theirs to lose.

That said, obviously I want us to stay up. Also rewatching the match and the goals which I also saw as tap ins and quite straightforward and also against a team which rested their two first choice CB's and didn't have their main striker playing in DCL, watching majas movement for the first goal as he took a step away from the nearest Everton player to give himself more space and time and then the anticipation of the second goal, along with that fact I was initially underwhelmed by his goal return and the level he has been playing at previously, when I considered the fact he is only 22 and also an ex-fulham academy player and another one of our young British Nigerian contingent I thought perhaps just maybe he may prove to be a more useful signing that I initially thought. That said though, he's only played one game - did well to score two goals, but there will be far sterner tests awaiting him and much better defenders.

That said Burnley without mee and wood should be a different and perhaps more winnable game (their record earlier in season without mee was mainly losses), so I will definitely be eagerly watching the game in anticipation.

davew

A long time since I predicted us beating somebody, but I am for tomorrow kiss of death?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

70sPimlico

If we beat Burnley*, I firmly believe the team/s we WILL catch will be either Saints or Palace. I think we will gain 8 points on them over 14 games. Or put another way, I think we will gain 5 points on them over 13 games and also beat them when we play them.

*I do realise that saying this as a Fulham fan is about absurd as saying "If I become an astronaut"

SouthIslandWhite

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 16, 2021, 06:50:15 PM
If we beat Burnley*, I firmly believe the team/s we WILL catch will be either Saints or Palace. I think we will gain 8 points on them over 14 games. Or put another way, I think we will gain 5 points on them over 13 games and also beat them when we play them.

*I do realise that saying this as a Fulham fan is about absurd as saying "If I become an astronaut"

I do have to say that the season just became a lot more fun discussing topics like this. We are certainly in a lot of new football conversations over the last few days.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

TC's Sporran

im still certain of relegation

but that doesnt mean i have to stop hoping that the impossible can happen

lets hope on saturday night things are as set in stone