watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is our luck changing!

Started by brightster, February 15, 2021, 07:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brightster

After last nights great win, reading now Ben Mee is out for Burnley and watching West Ham v Sheffield U and Egan has been stretchered off, both big players for both clubs in our next 2 games!
What with Wilson out for Newcastle is the tide turning for us to take advantage!

Holders

We need that lot up the road to do the business for us tonight.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

brightster

filham

Be careful not to tempt providence, imagine what an injury to Andersen would mean to us.

davew

Quote from: filham on February 15, 2021, 08:10:41 PM
Be careful not to tempt providence, imagine what an injury to Andersen would mean to us.
Or 1/2 our squad having to go into self isolation something I am fearing after the Mitro situation!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

H4usuallysitting

Wood appears to be 50/50 for Wednesday..... Kongolo is now back from injury (not saying he's in the same league as Anderson)

SouthIslandWhite

I agree. I think that the only club within legitimate reach is Newcastle. In many ways its becoming a race to 34 points. Whomever gets there first stays up.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Barrett487

Anderson has not only played well, he's also shown how important a strong leader is for the team. I'd like TC to get another chance when fit, but if he does i'd want Anderson to retain the armband.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Barrett487 on February 15, 2021, 08:25:48 PM

Anderson has not only played well, he's also shown how important a strong leader is for the team. I'd like TC to get another chance when fit, but if he does i'd want Anderson to retain the armband.

Andersen has dethroned TC as captain, plain and simple, both in leadership on the field and recent game experience. TC is  phenomenal player, but sadly, not the type of captain we need. Andersen is the type of captain we've been screaming for.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

AnOldBrownie

It's one weekend.

imo it's about what's done on the pitch...not "luck".  So, to answer the OP's question.   No, I don't think our luck is changing.

Teams should be making their own luck.

RaySmith

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on February 15, 2021, 08:20:30 PM
I agree. I think that the only club within legitimate reach is Newcastle. In many ways its becoming a race to 34 points. Whomever gets there first stays up.

5 Live commentator said that palace could be in trouble, though summariser  Chris Sutton disagreed with him, and  had already said the the present bottom 3 would go down as he's often said.

But I think  other clubs could be in the mix besides Newcastle, but we have to keep getting wins though.

Southcoastffc

Palace's injury list is pretty extensive - all these out with no return date yet forecast:

James McArthur   
James McCarthy   
Connor Wickham   
Wilfried Zaha   
Jeffrey Schlupp   
Mamadou Sakho   
Wayne Hennessey   
Nathan Ferguson
James Tomkins   
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Pluto

Win on Wednesday and we're within 4 points of Newcastle. They are in poor form and have a really tough run in. Absolutely we can get four more points than they do over the remaining games. Game on!

General

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 15, 2021, 08:53:49 PM
It's one weekend.

imo it's about what's done on the pitch...not "luck".  So, to answer the OP's question.   No, I don't think our luck is changing.

Teams should be making their own luck.

+1

gerrys

Quote from: Pluto on February 15, 2021, 10:57:39 PM
Win on Wednesday and we're within 4 points of Newcastle. They are in poor form and have a really tough run in. Absolutely we can get four more points than they do over the remaining games. Game on!
And on the following Saturday we are at home to Sheffield United and Newcastle are away to Manchester United..........