Main Menu

I’ve been saying it for a while

Started by perry geyton, February 14, 2021, 10:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 16, 2021, 09:05:22 PM
Top 10 in Premiership for tackles

No 1 @ FFC for assists (tied)

I respect your opinion, I just happen to think that, Areola aside, he is one player that will be wanted by the big teams

Some of the stats are misleading. Without context stats like top 10 in for tackles can mean little. For example a team that see's less of the ball you would expect to make more tackles so this doesn't necessarily tell you that Frank is good at making tackles it.

Really it says more about Fulham's defensive set up and that the team is doing the job SP wants it to do without the ball. We rank top in the division as a team for interceptions.

Anguissa and Lemina are pretty much neck and neck for defensive actions per game. They're about as good as each other in that respect but Franks ball carrying makes him stand out. I actually think Anguissa scores well defensively for two reasons 1) the system he's playing in and 2) his athleticism.

The reason he won't end up at a big team is because he's too inconsistent. He scores high for errors leading to shots and miscontrols. In terms of the eye test, we've all seen him misplace simple 10 yard passes straight out of play. I've lost count the amount of times he's played the ball out left to Robinson only to misplace the pass or have it come up short so Robinson has to check his run or turn back to recover the ball.

He's a street footballer who looks great when playing on instinct but lacks the quality to deliver on a consistent basis, for now.

Arthur

Quote from: perry geyton on February 16, 2021, 06:45:39 PM
It seems too me your mega defensive of him which is fair enough your entitled to your opinion but I'm also entitled to mine and quite a few others on here seem to agree with me aswell

My opinion was that you put forward a weak argument (which is what I told you). In response, you have become defensive.

It may be that we shall do better without Frank in the starting XI. But this doesn't mean every point you care to make about him is equally as true. You said you could only remember him doing one good thing (the assist against Leicester). What you are implying is clear: even if there were other things, they would be few in number. In my view, there are more instances than this. And as this is, so far, your only specific criticism of Frank (i.e. you have pinpointed something he did in a particular match), for it to be inaccurate must weaken your argument - not strengthen it.

Quote from: perry geyton on February 16, 2021, 06:45:39 PM
Regarding Reed he dropped down a division to come play with us where as Anguissa left, so not sure on your argument there

Nowhere have I mentioned Reed in this thread. I can only think you think you're replying to someone else.

My actual opinion of Frank is he often flatters to deceive. He's got considerable talent - more than most - and yet not often enough, in my view, does he leave a mark on a game that is commensurate with his ability. So I'm not opposing the sentiment of your O.P. But I wouldn't argue it in the way you have done.

Sting of the North

Reed dropped down because he still hadn't been able to prove he belonged in the PL. he didn't drop down to do FFC any favors. This only tells us that he wanted game time, and that no better option was available to him at the time. There is nothing at all suggesting he wouldn't rather play in the PL than in the Championship, and as all players he would likely jump at the chance to play in a better club/league. As for Frank, we don't know why he was loaned out, and we don't know whether he would have stayed had we asked him to.

The above is why I asked if your opinion was based on anything other than gut feeling, which it appears it wasn't. Thus, in my opinion it seems rather unfair to suggest that Reed is such a loyal player whereas Frank is basically a money grabber. I think it is likely that both of them wants to earn as much as possible and play in the best teams/leagues that they can. I also believe that is perfectly fine. Players are almost never loyal unless it suits them, but the same can be said for clubs. Fans are the only real exception to this, because for us it is not about business: