watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chance to build up a head of steam

Started by bencher, February 16, 2021, 06:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bencher

Each win this season has created a sense of euphoria, but after each of the first two, we were quickly brought down to earth. I couldn't remember exactly why, so I checked the fixture lists.
After our win against WBA, we played West Ham away, a bogey team who have (being fair) had an excellent season thus far. As we know, it was a tough but close game, and but for some bad fortune (an offside that was/is apparently not offside) and bad execution (the missed pen), we would have got a point or more. We then played an Everton on the crest of some good form who were probably value for their win but we did run quite close to getting a point off.
After the Leicester win, we had champions Liverpool who were fortunate to come away with a point after a dodgy pen, and then Man City away, a tougher encounter than most.
Each time we won we quickly lost momentum and it has felt like we needed to go back to the drawing board.
No guarantees of course, but this time feels like a new chance to establish some momentum. No doubt, the tie with Burnley is challenging, with their style of play, the history of our failures at Turf Moor, the effort put in to the Everton game etc. But we have a chance to keep some form, bring it into the next one against Sheff Utd and so on.

Fulhamboy1111

We've not had the rub of the green all season, however I sense things have changed watching Everton game. We thoroughly deserved the win of course but things also went our way. I strongly believe there is a way out of relegation COYWs always I believe

filham

Back to back away wins would be terrific but somehow I don't think we will see that. Of course if we are to avoid relegation Burnley presents the sort of opportunity where we have to do something.

Whitesideup

Got to be confident in front of goal and take chances.

RaySmith

Be a tough game, no doubt about that.

I was there last time we went up there in the Prem, when  we scored in the first five minutes, with a worldly from Schurrle, then we failed to survive an aerial bombardment, and lost the game.

I think we are a lot better equipped this time.

A tough game, but  we should forget all the superstition about never getting anything there - we can get something  up there, it's in our own hands, nothing to do with Fate.

bencher

Quote from: RaySmith on February 16, 2021, 08:03:22 PM
Be a tough game, no doubt about that.

I was there last time we went up there in the Prem, when  we scored in the first five minutes, with a worldly from Schurrle, then we failed to survive an aerial bombardment, and lost the game.

I think we are a lot better equipped this time.

A tough game, but  we should forget all the superstition about never getting anything there - we can get something  up there, it's in our own hands, nothing to do with Fate.

We scored two own goals in that game. Bryan and Odoi. Incredible. Our defence is so much better equipped for this game than in that game.