more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

6 points off

Started by jayffc, February 17, 2021, 08:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

Tough as that was to watch

6 points off with Newcastle yet to play last game of the season and sheffield up next, crystal palace after that,
It ain't over at least.

We also have a better GD than newcastle at the moment.

As long as were within 3 points of them by the last game well have a shot    COYW!

Tabby

6 points off with the same amount of games played as Newcastle.

jayffc

Quote from: Tabby on February 17, 2021, 08:01:14 PM
6 points off with the same amount of games played as Newcastle.

Fixed the wording I meant we have a game against Newcastle who are the team above us yet to come

Luka

Psychologically, being 6 points below Newcastle is hugely different from being 7.

blingo

We can do it. If we beat sheffield it will be 7 points from 9. I'd take that all day long.

jayffc

Quote from: Luka on February 17, 2021, 08:06:45 PM
Psychologically, being 6 points below Newcastle is hugely different from being 7.

Completely agree
There is hope
If we beat Sheffield Utd they have a tough task against Man utd and they'll be feeling the pressure
COYW!

Wingnut

Agree. Sheffield United is a must win game. Massive, season defining game for us. We have to get three points.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Tabby

I wasn't expecting a win tonight, seem to be cursed away to Burnley.

Not great for most of the game, but it looked better after the formation change.

Bassey the warrior

Newcastle are a poor side. Difference between them and us is Callum Wilson and some poor refereeing decisions.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Luka on February 17, 2021, 08:06:45 PM

It definitely is - it's merely two wins and them losing twice. Very, very possible AND that will inherently mean improved and worsening GD, respectively. Let's just assume for the sake of argument that we beat Newcastle in the last game of the season. That makes us as of right now 3 points off with plenty of games left to capitalize. It's nowhere near being over, we can do this.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Wingnut on February 17, 2021, 08:14:18 PM
Agree. Sheffield United is a must win game. Massive, season defining game for us. We have to get three points.

Hope we are not too tired.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fcfulham55

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on February 17, 2021, 08:22:16 PM
Quote from: Wingnut on February 17, 2021, 08:14:18 PM

Hope we are not too tired.

This, we certainly have a disadvantage going into the game having played 3 games in 6 days!
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Andy S

I would hope that the fight should be gone from Sheffield United now. There is only professional pride left. It is not like fighting for their lives

filham

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on February 17, 2021, 08:15:26 PM
Newcastle are a poor side. Difference between them and us is Callum Wilson and some poor refereeing decisions.
True if we had Wison we may well not be carrying the burden of this goal drought.

SouthIslandWhite

I will be honest, if you asked me one week ago, I would not have guessed that we would be in this good a shape heading into the Sheffield United game. 

I am the one on here who keeps saying "Stick a fork in us, we're done." I will happily eat crow if need be.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.