watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lookman was awful

Started by 3 Cherries, February 17, 2021, 07:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

I actually thought Lookman was better defensively this game. He tracked back way more and really sprinted towards cleared balls to try and push us up but his final ball has been lacking of late. I wonder sometimes whether he didn't cross the ball when cutting in out of instruction due to only really Maja being in the box. It was weird how many times we got to a crossing position and just didn't.

bog

Quote from: Deeping_white on February 17, 2021, 08:03:19 PM
Slow and predictable? He's still the only player we've got who gets the ball out wide and create himself half a yard with his body movement. At least he looks like making stuff happen when he's got the ball, he's not meant to be Messi ffs.

+1

RaySmith

Quote from: bog on February 18, 2021, 01:30:23 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on February 17, 2021, 08:03:19 PM
Slow and predictable? He's still the only player we've got who gets the ball out wide and create himself half a yard with his body movement. At least he looks like making stuff happen when he's got the ball, he's not meant to be Messi ffs.

+1

:plus one:

Lyle from Hangeland

3 Cherries is a Bournemouth fan, I think.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on February 18, 2021, 01:47:50 PM
3 Cherries is a Bournemouth fan, I think.

Surely not. Thought there was only two of them.

SouthIslandWhite

My response to this entire subject line:

Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Twig

Not seen much from this poster in the past. Is he just a WUM?

3 Cherries

Quote from: Twig on February 18, 2021, 07:50:22 PM
Not seen much from this poster in the past. Is he just a WUM?

Good evening Gentleman Jim - I'm still around - bemused at everybody's holier than thou defence of a very poor performance by Lookman and somehow equating my post to something like a Lynching?? I say it as it is - simple - and I respect different opinions as this is a forum for debate and discussion - bit low to be called a Bournemouth fan - (...3 cherries is a win on a vintage fruit machine)

Its worse when fully grown men scream expletives at our own players at the cottage (actually its embarrassing) - if he plays well on Saturday I'll be as pleased as punch 

Bill2

Not his best game but still a threat, thought passing across the team was poor, either hit too long or short.

RaySmith

WE like to crucify our own players, with ridiculous, over the top language, if  they make any errors at all.

HV71

Lookman is a hostage to fortune  - he takes people on and therefore can cause havoc - but equally he can always lose it and the attack break down . Any player that can get you off your seat can also frustrate you. Not his best night- but his bravery will pay off. Get behind the man.

winterline

the WHOLE team was awful, the tactics were elementary, pass from right to left and then to Lookman, repeat. Burnley saw it and stopped it.

But forget about the team or tactics, lets just focus on 1 player.... lame as can be.

Andy S

Football is not as cut and dry as some people make out. A few of the Burnley chances may not have counted due to the off side laws. We were deliberately playing for that any way. The other thing is tiredness. You cannot play at the level we played at against Everton every 3 days. Players will look off colour. Our position in the table makes things look a lot worse than they are. A point at Burnley is a good result. From a managers point of view Scotty knew that substitutions would be needed when he picked the team. He probably knew who they would be as well. Some players out there would have been carrying knocks and pulls so it is wrong to expect 100% from everyone every time