Main Menu

Sheff Utd REALLY IS a must win.

Started by Southcoastffc, February 17, 2021, 08:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

Quote from: Twig on February 18, 2021, 08:01:58 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on February 18, 2021, 11:49:35 AM
Quote from: Twig on February 17, 2021, 09:09:48 PM
Fail to win and we are down.  SP and the players will know that and I fear that may affect their nerves.

That is obviously nonsense.

Psychologically of course, it will not be good.  But we are going to lose matches between now and the end of the season.  If we lose on Saturday, that's one of those matches.  As someone pointed out above, we could then get an unexpected win in another match.

So it's not obviously nonsense then. You sort of contradicted yourself. My point was that whilst, self evidently, every game is important this one is a vital opportunity, no brainier. So yes, I would argue that some of our p,Ayers could suffer an attack of nerves. They aren't robots, they will be very aware that every single FFC supporter will be expecting and desperately wanting a win. That's pressure!

Well of course it's nonsense as there's another 39 points to play for.
It would be great to win and put us in a good position, but "must win" is becoming the most overused phrase on this site.

alfie

Sheffield.U are probably 99% certain to go down, so they really have nothing to lose and will just go for it. We on the other hand have everything to lose therefore MUST GO FOR IT.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Statto

I've been really sick of other teams' fans saying ahead of their fixtures with us "Fulham are crap so we should win 5-0" and such like. So I don't want to make the same statements about Sheffield United. They're playing ok lately and will see this as one of their most winnable games, so they'll be up for it. But the fact remains that we desperately need points and as hard as this game might be, it's highly likely that the other games we have coming up against Liverpool and Man City are going to be even harder. So I agree with the general sentiment that if we don't win tomorrow, we really are as good as down. So yes it's must win.

Tabby

Sander Berge is injured right? Remember him being the danger man for them last time around.

Jim©

Quote from: Tabby on February 19, 2021, 12:42:36 PM
Sander Berge is injured right? Remember him being the danger man for them last time around.

Yep and Egan who has been captain and more or less ever present for them.
Berge was very good last time we played.

hovewhite

The Palace game will be the hardest game as you can bet your life Zaha will play and score, detest on the pitch I do, off the pitch seems a good bloke.
Tommorow a must win as we can't win at the cottage and need to put it right.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: hovewhite on February 19, 2021, 04:43:18 PM
The Palace game will be the hardest game as you can bet your life Zaha will play and score, detest on the pitch I do, off the pitch seems a good bloke.
Tommorow a must win as we can't win at the cottage and need to put it right.
Wilfried Zaha    Thigh Injury   Feb 19: "It feels a lot better than before but there's a lot of rehab I need to do in the gym. It's slowly getting there."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

clarkey

Playing the bottom team at home clearly is one to win. We need to. But if we draw then the gap is down to five points. Not so awful.

Stay cool guys, what is most vital though is that Scott does not pick RLC or Cav as they are the reason we are down in this mess. Anguissa and Lemina in the middle with Harrison Reid and  three up front, Bobby, Maja and Lookman and we have a real chance. And as soon as he is fit Tom comes back in instead of RLC even if only for 45 mins or an hour to give us some guile, invention and skill.