watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still miffed ....

Started by Whitesideup, February 18, 2021, 11:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

that in the second half Brady did not get a second yellow for hauling back Aina (I think) when breaking out of defence with Burnley committed forward. It may have not made any difference to the final result, but it may have given us a bit more space that may have allowed us to create even one extra chance that we may (or may not!) have taken. The offence, ie grabbing a player who has gone past you with absolutely no chance or intention of getting the ball, is routinely given as a yellow. I struggle to remember such a foul not receiving a yellow. Not this time.

Dyche knew the ref had made a mistake, and he knew the ref knew he had made a mistake. At the next opportunity Brady would be given the second yellow. Wisely he substituted him two minutes later. Apparently injured .. I didn't think so.

Apart from that, the ref did not make game-changing errors, but I thought we got the wrong end of the whistle several times. One foul on Maja who was clattered from behind, (and consequently losing possession)  left me wondering what the referee thought had happened. Overall, a poor performance, I thought.

The Cravenette

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 18, 2021, 11:36:51 AM
that in the second half Brady did not get a second yellow for hauling back Aina (I think) when breaking out of defence with Burnley committed forward. It may have not made any difference to the final result, but it may have given us a bit more space that may have allowed us to create even one extra chance that we may (or may not!) have taken. The offence, ie grabbing a player who has gone past you with absolutely no chance or intention of getting the ball, is routinely given as a yellow. I struggle to remember such a foul not receiving a yellow. Not this time.

Dyche knew the ref had made a mistake, and he knew the ref knew he had made a mistake. At the next opportunity Brady would be given the second yellow. Wisely he substituted him two minutes later. Apparently injured .. I didn't think so.

Apart from that, the ref did not make game-changing errors, but I thought we got the wrong end of the whistle several times. One foul on Maja who was clattered from behind, (and consequently losing possession)  left me wondering what the referee thought had happened. Overall, a poor performance, I thought.

:plus one:

SuffolkWhite

A few games this season where we should have had better decisions from officials and certainly no rub of the green that often, I will say RLC could have been sent off last night but wasn't. I estimate if we had done things differently (Spanners away) and had the rub of the green we could easily be a further 4-8 points ahead of where we are now. But it is what it is and the officials and I include VAR in that remain blind to the smaller Club.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

grandad

Wouldn´t have made any difference if RLC had been red carded. With him it is like playing with 10 men anyway.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Arthur

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 18, 2021, 11:57:41 AM
But it is what it is and the officials and I include VAR in that remain blind to the smaller Club.

But we weren't playing a bigger club last night. Burnley are a similar size club to us - if anything, smaller.

RaySmith

Agree with the op.

I don't think RLC should gave been sent off for his tackle  - mistimed , but not dangerous, definitely not more than a yellow.
Unless you thought he should have got a second yellow. Not something i was aware of.

sarnian

RLC card was rightly yellow although it looked far worse from one angle than another. Brady should have had a straight red for the first offence, Kamara was sent off for far less earlier in the season.

Milo

RLC's tackle was moronic and we were very lucky.

filham

Quote from: grandad on February 18, 2021, 12:22:39 PM
Wouldn´t have made any difference if RLC had been red carded. With him it is like playing with 10 men anyway.
RLC has not quite come up to promise but that statement is a bit harsh. What I have noticed is that RLC takes a lot of stick, I think he is a marked man.

RaySmith

Quote from: Milo on February 18, 2021, 05:23:30 PM
RLC's tackle was moronic and we were very lucky.

I think he just mistimed his tackle which was sliding in from a long way out on the soaking pitch, and  don't think he was trying to take the man out, but win the ball.
I think RLC does his best, but agree he is sometimes a bit slow, caught in possessin, but also does very good things.
Is he being singled out  unfairly, when other players are also  somewhat erratic? not saying he is, but putting it out there.

Re the tackle - well, haven't posters criticised him for not   doing enough tackling  and defending. he may have been obeying managerial instructions to defend from the front, and i think he wanted to win the ball and it's easy to misjudged these things in the heat of the moment, on a slippery pitch - there were no studs raised or off the round or  anything dangerous, so definitely not a red.

Calling it 'moronic'  is i think, very harsh

Andy S

I think it is very harsh to criticise the referee after we have watched the game on the tv. He has seen it in real time and it is a lot different on the pitch. Players don't usually try and injure another player deliberately. Mistimed tackles are exactly that most of the time