more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any news on Toms fitness ?

Started by perry geyton, February 18, 2021, 04:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC In Oz

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 18, 2021, 05:57:38 PM
Whats this big issue with wanting Tom back? Seriously? Is it an emotional thing because he was our captain when we got promoted?
He isn't good enough for this league. He is so one footed, he puts Heather Mills to shame.
He is a good championship player, but not good enough now. Keep him to help us bounce straight back up, other than that HE needs to start on the bench, not Loftus Cheek

+1

It's like distance/absence makes the heart grow fonder.

He has shown consistently that he is not at the requisite level to be a PL footballer.

Unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

perry geyton

Quote from: Willham on February 19, 2021, 12:40:48 AM
I would welcome cairney back and give him a chance, I am like many hesitant on a few issues but I also agree we lack that creativity and eye for goal cairney brings, I almost slightly wish we could of tried him up front instead of cavaleiro but I dont think I'd have ever had that idea without hindsight.

Cairney is a good man and can play at this level but he does lack the defensive work for a two man midfield, as a boy from hull my dad brought me to matches and I remember watching him play his first prem match, he fitted in nicely in a 3 man diamond midfield, its always been his position, even blackburn he was given access to more freedom going forward then disciplined defensive duties, his defensive work rate didnt ever seem the problem before, it was as Scott parker would say, his instinct, he drifts up front, he drifts defensively.

Someone also said they like the comparison with RLC, I've also enjoyed this comparison 😅, if we could combine them both it would be the most top player, everything cairney has is what RLC lacks and vice versa, the speed Ruben Lotus Cairney, the dribbling and finishing touch and ability to use both feet with the deadly left, it could match messi I'm sure!

I'd like to see him play behind the striker in a further forward position with Reed & Lemina/Anguissa as our steel

colinwhite

Quote from: Twig on February 18, 2021, 07:49:05 PM
Whats this big issue with wanting Tom back? Seriously? Is it an emotional thing because he was our captain when we got promoted?
He isn't good enough for this league. He is so one footed, he puts Heather Mills to shame.
He is a good championship player, but not good enough now. Keep him to help us bounce straight back up, other than that HE needs to start on the bench, not Loftus Cheek

Dont agree with that . Anguissa has performed well consistantly this season and Loftus Cheek has had 2 exceptional seasons with Pl clubs and country. AS much as I like Tom he has never performed consistantly at the highest level,so in my view the comparison is ridiculous.

No it's that he would add guile and intelligence to a midfield that sadly lacks it right now. A fully fit TC is head and shoulders above anything that we have seen from RLC all season and Zambo too of late.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: perry geyton on February 19, 2021, 12:06:13 AM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 18, 2021, 08:18:39 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on February 18, 2021, 06:08:53 PM

Utter rubbish

The same people said the same thing about Harrison Reed, 
Toms  one of our players and can kill it at this level, by far more effective then RLC will ever be

I look forward to you eating your words all due respect
I've never slagged of Harrison Reed. I just don't get all the cairney love. Yeah, he's a decent player. But was found out. And will be again.

Utter rubbish

Toms  one of our players and can kill it at this level, by far more effective then RLC will ever be

I've never slagged of Harrison Reed. I just don't get all the cairney love. Yeah, he's a decent player. But was found out. And will be again.

He's not been found out at all he's been nursing a dodgy knee and when fit he is the best footballer in our team by a long shot,,,
Walks all over RLC

Ok Mr pedant. When he last played a competitive game, he was found out. Obviously whilst he been injured, he's only been found out for parking in disabled bays.

Twig

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 19, 2021, 06:29:36 AM

Utter rubbish

Utter rubbish

He's not been found out at all he's been nursing a dodgy knee and when fit he is the best footballer in our team by a long shot,,,
Walks all over RLC

Ok Mr pedant. When he last played a competitive game, he was found out. Obviously whilst he been injured, he's only been found out for parking in disabled bays.

I don't understand, what's pedantic about arguing that he's not been "found out"? It's a difference of view but why is that pedantic?

colinwhite

I dont  think Tom has been found out for what its worth but he hasnt consistantly proved himself either . In the WBA home win he was producing the goods but needs to do that week in week out which he has yet to do. I would love to see him do it. The cost however of his inclusion in the side weakens us in at least  in equal merit to the benefits he provides.

Jim©

Utter rubbish

"Found out" doesn't really mean anything though does it?
With Tom's ability with the ball he'd fit perfectly into the role that RLC has been playing the last few games. His ability to pick a pass is way better than RLC in my mind, which would give Maja, Ademola and BDR something to run forwards onto rather than having the ball at their feet all the time and relying onthem beating a player. We rarely make teams defend facing their own goal now and I reckon TC could help us on that respect. His game earlier this season V West Brom was arguably his best performance for FFC and he's fallen foul of missing the run of games where the back 4 have become more solid (they were all new/not playing at the start of the season).
The issue with TC (and Big Frank to be fair) is that their tracking of players off the ball is really poor. But I'd not say either are miles off of RLC in that respect.

ex-Pat

I couldn't agree more,,enough said.

perry geyton

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 19, 2021, 06:29:36 AM

Utter rubbish

Utter rubbish

Walks all over RLC

Personally Rufus I think you've been found out mate 🧐

perry geyton

Quote from: Jim© on February 19, 2021, 11:23:36 AM

Utter rubbish

"Found out" doesn't really mean anything though does it?
With Tom's ability with the ball he'd fit perfectly into the role that RLC has been playing the last few games. His ability to pick a pass is way better than RLC in my mind, which would give Maja, Ademola and BDR something to run forwards onto rather than having the ball at their feet all the time and relying onthem beating a player. We rarely make teams defend facing their own goal now and I reckon TC could help us on that respect. His game earlier this season V West Brom was arguably his best performance for FFC and he's fallen foul of missing the run of games where the back 4 have become more solid (they were all new/not playing at the start of the season).
The issue with TC (and Big Frank to be fair) is that their tracking of players off the ball is really poor. But I'd not say either are miles off of RLC in that respect.

Exactly and now that our defense is far more settled I think it's his time to come back in and shine and show us all exactly how quality he is and SCORE some goals

TC's Sporran

Utter rubbish

and i presume you had your eyes closed v west brom?

hovewhite

Amazing TC second attempt at the PL and he's yet again injured long term, criminal loss to Scott and the team you can't it up, just hope we manage to stay up and TC gets a fair crack at it next season.

simplyfulham

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 19, 2021, 12:51:28 AM

+1

It's like distance/absence makes the heart grow fonder.

He has shown consistently that he is not at the requisite level to be a PL footballer.

Unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

That is just pure nonsense.

Best passer in the squad and one of the best passers in the league not enough for you to admit him as a PL footballer?

Southcoastffc

For me, he'd come back on the bench.  Like him or loathe him, RLC is a stronger, more physical presence (not fast but isn't as slow as TC, his size helps him cover the ground more rapidly) who's started to do a decent job for us. Had he been available I'd have brought TC on as a sub on Saturday for the last 20 to help control possession and slow things down.  And as for TC scoring goals - have you looked at his record?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 22, 2021, 05:47:18 PM
For me, he'd come back on the bench.  Like him or loathe him, RLC is a stronger, more physical presence (not fast but isn't as slow as TC, his size helps him cover the ground more rapidly) who's started to do a decent job for us. Had he been available I'd have brought TC on as a sub on Saturday for the last 20 to help control possession and slow things down.  And as for TC scoring goals - have you looked at his record?
My thoughts exactly

We Are Premier League

Quote from: mrmicawbers on February 22, 2021, 06:38:47 PM
My thoughts exactly

Can't wait to have him back as i think we need him for (part of) certain games, don't think we will play 90 min in too many PL games anymore but certainly someone we need in the squad. It does sounds as if a post season surgery is on the cards for him.

In terms of scoring goals, i checked his record (on transfermarkt), one goal per 1,300 minutes in the Premier League. (3 in 52 games)   

Twig

Quote from: We Are Premier League on February 22, 2021, 09:25:58 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on February 22, 2021, 06:38:47 PM
My thoughts exactly

Can't wait to have him back as i think we need him for (part of) certain games, don't think we will play 90 min in too many PL games anymore but certainly someone we need in the squad. It does sounds as if a post season surgery is on the cards for him.

In terms of scoring goals, i checked his record (on transfermarkt), one goal per 1,300 minutes in the Premier League. (3 in 52 games)   

His FFC record to date is 37 goals in 190 appearances with 26 assists.  I wouldn't deny that until this season he hadn't shown his full promise in the Prem. But I think we saw enough earlier this year prior to his injury to show that he has the ability to make the step up. Plus, I'd love to see him playing with the freedom that our much improved defence would give him.

Simply91

Utter rubbish

:plus one:

blingo

He's a yard short of premiership quality and takes too long on the ball.

ex-Pat

We Only need Tom if we are relegated, until then I am much happier with RLC ,,Tom gives us nothing whatsoever while we are in the Premier league.