watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What happened to the FULHAM TEAM that played away to Everton

Started by The Swan, February 20, 2021, 08:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithh

My take on Maja was that I thought he got into quite a few good positions in front of their goal but didn't receive many passes as most wanted to be a hero & score the killer goal rather than pass.

LittleErn

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 20, 2021, 10:09:15 PM
Was Maja playing? I do hope we have not got another Collins John.
He was taking up great positions in the box but the ball never got to him. He is a "sniffer" type player who needs good fast crosses. Neither Lookman nor Cav ever look for a colleague in the box.

SP

My only complaint about last night was the kick-off time, massive three points.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

Quote from: grandad on February 21, 2021, 09:52:27 AM
Give me an ugly win over a pretty loss anytime.

THIS. We need to win dirty sometimes. It's crucial!

I Ronic

After the game Scott was not his usual restrained self. He's obviously feeling the pressure and I guess the players are too. I think a second goal would have dealt with the nerves and the passing would have flow more. I think we'll see a more Everton performance than last nights against Palace.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: keithh on February 21, 2021, 09:45:17 AM
My take on Maja was that I thought he got into quite a few good positions in front of their goal but didn't receive many passes as most wanted to be a hero & score the killer goal rather than pass.

Yes I noticed this also - nobody was passing to him. I think he's good and he's offering us a lot more than Mitro - a lot more movement, a lot more coming deep to get involved . I would start him v palace.

SP

Despite their current problems, Palace is another tricky fixture so let's hope we can continue building the current momentum.  Presumably it's too early for the return of Mitro but I'd have liked him to have some role in this game.

General

I think we're currently in the relegation places now officially out of our own doing.

Missing the various penalties earlier in the season alone, not to mention the lack of transfer activity until the last day of the window in the summer has in terms of the fine margins of being where we are now, or in newcastles place at the least - been the difference.

Atop of this, I think whilst we have been hard to break down, it's absolutely disgraceful how poor our play in the final third and finishing in general is. We are appauling in the final third. The lack of ability to play a decent pass, to not take a speculative shot yesterday was far too evident.

I think if we do stay up it may actually be down to luck, which I'll obviously more than take, but given the headlines as things stand with the teams we're up against soon and that of our rivals (newcastle), a huge chunk of us coming into these next few fixtures at this specific time, is purely down to chance/luck.

Newcastle - the team we play on our last game of season are without Wilson, who's responsible for 40% of their goals.

Liverpool and Spurs are both in the bottom 6 in form at the moment, with Liverpool having only scored 1 goal at home all season apparently and a growing injury list (henderson out now)

Palace are without Zaha, their catalyst statistically speaking and who's out for an unknown time (should be noted he has started training again with a ball but no specific times re return date).

Those things all coming together just at this time, when we're about to play those teams - alongside the fact that Wilder, Souness etc lambasted Sheff Utd not getting a penalty last night, which was crucial - makes me think that if we do turn up and do well, it'll be with a great deal of luck if we get results that are more than just the usual draws.

Aside from that one thing I really noticed yesterday (which in fairness wont be lost on a lot of our fans) was how passive and slow we were on the ball in attacking the opposition - there was a period when we had been reverting to passing it along the backline so much that I felt my eyes glaze over.

We lack so much in terms of movement off the ball from midfield and up front, and our final balls lack directness and also quality. The decision making, especially from Cavaleiro is and for a while now has been pretty diabolical... and it's an area of the game we've failed to improve on all season - WHAT IS PARKER COACHING on a weekly basis for us to make so little progress in an attacking sense, to the point that we haven't improved such a key part of our game.

We really need to up our game in the next few weeks to guarantee wins, we need to be relentless and force the issue, get angry and be clinical in order to score the goals we need to stay up. Scoring a goal for every one of our players (whilst not losing our defensive strength), HAS to be a priority now in a way it seem clear it hasn't been so far this season.

I have a fear that this talented team could again go the way of the team in which we had berbatov, Bryan Ruiz etc... it wasn't for a lack of ability in that squad that we went down, it was a lack of effort and energy to get the results. Whilst we've got the defensive energy and are a match for most teams, getting draws no longer benefits us if they're not coupled by more frequent goals and wins.

We need to go for and aim to have at least 2 goals scored per game now. We had one against burnley, but they just came back straight after and took advantage of the fact.

Against Sheff Utd we had 70% possession for the first half and most of the second half and still came away from it hanging on to a 1 goal lead, which had the VAR/penalty shout gone Sheff Utd's way would've changed the topic of this conversation far too easily.

Time to up the standards Fulham. We want to stay up and can - but it's all or nothing now.

None of this passive sideways passing with noone taking the initiative to drive at the opposition, or play an aggressive defence splitting pass. I was watching our game against Shaktar Donetsk again recently - the way we scored against them at the cottage is what premier league football is about, we've got to start being A LOT sharper when on the ball and take a lot less time with it, to force the issue and the opposing side to not settle and feel under pressure. That's what helps games get won, what makes mistakes for the opposition happen.

Holders

Seeing Saturday's result against Liverpool, only beating Everton 2-0 at their place doesn't seem so bad now.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria