more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

He's a stupid twit

Started by Fernhurst, February 21, 2021, 10:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: bog on February 22, 2021, 10:24:37 AM
I don't want to see him in a FFC shirt again.

092.gif
[/quoteWell I always had time for him. I liked his pace strength and enthusiasm
Quote from: bog on February 22, 2021, 10:24:37 AM
I don't want to see him in a FFC shirt again.

092.gif

Well I always had time for him , I liked his pace strength and enthusiasm but afraid his track record on discipline is now so bad that he has to go. To big a risk for the team on the pitch and probably for the club off the pitch.

Fernhurst

Nor do I Captain, very disappointed as I met him at a hospitality thing the week he joined us. He couldn't speak a word of English so I was delighted Lucas Piazon was also in attendance to translate as I wished him the warmest of welcome's to Fulham Football Club. He nearly shook my hand off.
Always wanted him to do well, but gradually realised he struggles with the mental part of the game. Frustration overwhelms him resulting in red cards.
Going for an opponents ankle, full speed or not is easily done as witnessed in almost every professional game I watch.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

sunburywhite

Nasty cowardly pop at the other guy

Maybe harsh for a red but 100% yellow
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

toshes mate

I see the AK muckrakers are out in force based on their long term and well observed prejudices against the guy.  If the guy accidentally knocked someone over in the street you'd be there damning the guy based not on what you really observed but on what you already falsely believed about a guy you know so little about.

Shameful.  IMO.

toshes mate

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 22, 2021, 10:13:04 AM
Disgraceful post against one of our players in my opinion. Criticism is fine in my opinion, but it should be balanced and up to decent standards. So kind of the opposite to the OP and some other posts here.

On topic: shouldn't have been a red, just as the one he got earlier this season should never have been.
+1

Fernhurst

Quote from: toshes mate on February 22, 2021, 11:35:55 AM
I see the AK muckrakers are out in force based on their long term and well observed prejudices against the guy.  If the guy accidentally knocked someone over in the street you'd be there damning the guy based not on what you really observed but on what you already falsely believed about a guy you know so little about.

Shameful.  IMO.

What a load of Tosh mate!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Jim©

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 22, 2021, 11:20:23 AM

Going for an opponents ankle, full speed or not is easily done as witnessed in almost every professional game I watch.

So on that basis, why is there not a red card in almost every game you watch?
I wonder if some people have played football if you think that's delibertate.
There's a very very good reason not a single opposing player runs to the ref asking for him to be sent off (in fact most of them don't even react).

If that was a red, then Areola should be banned for a season for his perfectly legal save on Saturday.

Baszab

Totally unnecessary criticism of one of our own players who committed a hell of a lot to our success in recent years - injecting pace, dynamism and effort (revisit the Derby play off game in 2018)

Pathetic decision by the referee - obvious by the reaction of the players

He deserves respect - hauling himself out of a huge poor family from the slums of Paris to make a successful life from football

toshes mate

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 22, 2021, 11:38:28 AM

Shameful.  IMO.

What a load of Tosh mate!
I had hoped my comment might penetrate some grey matter but I guess you are an exception.

junior white

Shameful.  IMO.
Sad thing is he is playing for another club and people still want to blame him for stuff.

Not his biggest fan but jeez give it a rest, he maybe a scapegoat for some but go on Dijon's board and do it there as he is playing for them.

Re the tackle for me clumsy, is a yellow for me as well. As for a kick out i dont see it that way i see a guy who has tries to avoid making further contact with the guy while jumping up. But each to their own.

He sent the best player in the world, but has had some decent performances with us, especially in our first promotion season, in that run in from when he came on against Sunderland he had a good run in my mind.

bog

I'm with you there Fernhurst. When he first came he looked raw but full of promise but I don't think he can handle the mental side. Too many incidents off the pitch. It is hard enough to run a club without distractions. He obviously had the 'ump when he wouldn't warm down after a game when he didn't get on. A pity. We don't need off pitch disruptions. All hands to the pump. 

092.gif       

filham

Shameful.  IMO.
No that is not true. I have already said that I used to favour him but his track record has turned me against him, no one is judging him on prejudice or a single incident.
AK has had many warnings and a lot of opportunities to mend his ways, he has failed to change his bad habits, time for him to move on.
I supported him for a long time and now feel he has let a lot of us down.

cmg

Yet another refereeing over reaction to a clumsy tackle.

As for deliberately targeting vulnerable bits of the oppo's anatomy....! I only wish he had showed such pinpoint accuracy when shooting for goal.

Lordedmundo

It was clumsy rather than malicious.  But, he shouldn't have made the challenge.  He caught the player right on the achilles, so I think is a red card I'm afraid.

I've nothing against Abou, probably is a nice enough guy - but he does have a temperament issue (based on the incidents already mentioned). I think you put up with it if he is a good player, but personally think he is average at Championship level and probably not even a squad player at Premier league level.

Even if we get relegated, I think we move him on and replace with better.

FFCBadger

Both the red and the tackle were equally ridiculous! probably deserve each other

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 22, 2021, 10:13:04 AM
Disgraceful post against one of our players in my opinion. Criticism is fine in my opinion, but it should be balanced and up to decent standards. So kind of the opposite to the OP and some other posts here.

On topic: shouldn't have been a red, just as the one he got earlier this season should never have been.

+1

Shameful.  IMO.

+1

Arthur

Quote from: Mokes on February 22, 2021, 10:51:17 AM
For those saying it's not a red, would you still say it if he had of ruptured the other guys achilles? What if it was our player.

I agree.

I wonder whether those who say it shouldn't be a red card are judging the incident by the criteria to which referees have been instructed to work, or are simply 'making up their own rules', so to speak, as to how a tackles such as Kamara's should be interpreted. It may be the latter.

The Achilles tendon is easily damaged and takes a long time to repair. I understand referees have been told they should consider a stamp (or attempted stamp) on the Achilles tendon without genuine intent to play the ball as being worthy of a red card.

In this incident, Kamara did not merely step on the back of the player's heel inadvertently as he was chasing after him; Kamara clearly makes an extended last stride that lands on the vulnerable heel of his opponent after the ball has gone. I can quite see how a referee would consider this to constitute dangerous play deserving of a sending off.

A tackle doesn't have to be deemed malicious to merit a red card. Sometimes a player whose challenge is clumsy and stupid - as, it appears, was Kamara's - will get the benefit of the doubt; however, the referee is not obliged to give the player such leeway. In this instance, Kamara's luck was out. But he can have no complaints, I think.

davew

Quote from: bog on February 22, 2021, 11:47:43 AM
I'm with you there Fernhurst. When he first came he looked raw but full of promise but I don't think he can handle the mental side. Too many incidents off the pitch. It is hard enough to run a club without distractions. He obviously had the 'ump when he wouldn't warm down after a game when he didn't get on. A pity. We don't need off pitch disruptions. All hands to the pump. 

092.gif       
+1 us old boys know what we are talking about!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Logicalman

tbh, I saw the same thing, raking the achilles, definitely once, perhaps twice this weekend in the Prem games. Personally I think any deliberate foul on an opponent should be a yellow, and if it causes or has the likelihood of causing serious injury then a red is in order.

As for the criticism of AK beyond the fact it was a foul we see most weekends is a little ott for my liking, but everyone to their own opinion.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Sgt Fulham

Not intentional, just clumsy. Kamara has his faults and I'm glad he's no longer playing for us, but he doesn't deserve people mocking his failures. He has had some big games for us and has been part of two promotion winning squads.