watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What will Roy do?

Started by Andy S, February 22, 2021, 11:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

What will Crystal Palace do? Will they come at us or like most other teams at or near the bottom of the league will they park the bus and try and catch us on the break. Obviously that will once again make it a difficult game but we need a win as a draw is not a lot of good at this stage.

Fernhurst

Hope Roy doesn't have a cunning plan waiting for us.
This will need another gritty performance from us but I would be delighted with another 0-1.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

Is Zaha going to play, that to a large extent will determine Roy's tactics and our chance of a win.
Palace are at home so really they should be prepared to attack but I expect Roy to be somewhat cagey and not give anything away.
Parker will also be very careful so expect another dour relegation battle with a draw the most likely result but with the possibility of victory being snatched by an odd goal scored against the run of play.

clarkey

We can draw this and still be OK. We just need to do as well as Newcastle do or better.So no panic now after this week's great results. 7 points have swung it in our favour.

AJW48361

Roy normally let's us have plenty of Ball and Zaha and co break on us with great effect.Showing our premier league naivety.Hopefully we are now better than that.

Whitesideup

Quote from: AJW48361 on February 22, 2021, 12:04:22 PM
Roy normally let's us have plenty of Ball and Zaha and co break on us with great effect.Showing our premier league naivety.Hopefully we are now better than that.
I agree with this. And I too think we are now better. However, offence is our weakest strength (if you see what I mean) and we can't afford to go behind .. that's true when we play most premier league sides, but especially Palace as they manage games particularly well when ahead.

filham

Quote from: AJW48361 on February 22, 2021, 12:04:22 PM
I think Parker has shown that he will not fall for those simple ploys but tactically this match could be a defensive deadlock between Roy and Scotty. It may take a moment of attacking brilliance to break that deadlock and I can't see our attack producing such a moment.

Lordedmundo

Zaha is almost certainly ruled out, so I think we have a chance.

Let's be honest - Palace are not going to be any more adventurous than other lower table teams we have played recently. A draw is favourite, but they do concede a lot of goals and if Burnley can beat them 3-0, then we must go for a win...

FFC1987

Quote from: Lordedmundo on February 22, 2021, 12:29:20 PM
Zaha is almost certainly ruled out, so I think we have a chance.

Let's be honest - Palace are not going to be any more adventurous than other lower table teams we have played recently. A draw is favourite, but they do concede a lot of goals and if Burnley can beat them 3-0, then we must go for a win...

Is he though? I read a report he's already back training but tonight's game is too soon....

We Are Premier League

Back 4, two holding central mid, sit deep and hti opponents on the counter...think that's always been his strategy and i think they will be happy to try the same against us

Deeping_white

Think Zaha is unlikely to play as he's only just back into training from injury, but even if he does play, I think Tete is more than a match for him.

SG

Bloody sods law he's back for our game. Hopefully though he will not be fully match fit. If he is close to half fit Roy will play him as without him they are sh1te.

Jim©

They've got 9 first teamers out tonight. I'd say Zaha is touch & go for our game, but sod's law as above almost guarantees that he will be!

H4usuallysitting

They'll defend from the front & try & hit us on the break...I think our defence & keeper are more than a match for them

Woolly Mammoth

I have no fear of Crystal Palace, we are more than capable of storming their castle and taking all the points.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 22, 2021, 02:27:08 PM
I have no fear of Crystal Palace, we are more than capable of storming their castle and taking all the points.

It's their moat that's the problem....we haven't practiced backstroke, and RLC's butterfly isn't up to scratch

cookieg

Roy might take the view that Palace have bigger games coming up and need Zaha fresh for these so give him plenty of time to get fit and leave him out. They don't want to rush him back and aggravating whatever injury he has just got over. Or he might not 😂😂

Blawarmy

Quote from: Jim[emoji2398] on February 22, 2021, 02:18:53 PM
They've got 9 first teamers out tonight. I'd say Zaha is touch & go for our game, but sod's law as above almost guarantees that he will be!
Zaha won't be fully fit anyway.  Our new improved backline should keep him quiet. 

Denver Fulham

They're going to be a better, more-dangerous-on-the-counter version of Sheffield. It's going to be a slog. We'll have to be good to unlock them.

BestOfBrede

We all know how Roy sets up - defend first and break when possible.
Without zaha they have no bite, but really it's just teams scared of speedy players
If he's back he won't be fully fit and not match fit at all.
Give him a little wake up call early and he'll be nothing to worry about.
And they really are a one man team!