more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fans to return......

Started by Baston White, February 22, 2021, 03:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baston White

To Stadium for last game of season??

Not a full house but could give us that extra push if we are playing Newcastle in a decider.

Huxley

Was just looking dates. Better late than never.. yup 4000 will be make a huge difference (compared to zero).

Steeeeeeeeeed

That one game we had at home with fans this year was a terrific atmosphere, forgotten who we were playing though, not Liverpool was it (?)..might have been the FA Cup actually, I honestly can't remember, but I remember the crowd did a great job.

Southcoastffc

If it happens, and if that game becomes crucial, Newcastle would have every right to protest.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Cookie6262

I know this will be controversial but I think it would be massively unfair to allow fans in just for the last game of the season, imagine if it was the other way round and we needed a result but having played a whole season behind closed doors they let in 15,000 Geordies into St James Park.

Andy S

What date is the Newcastle game? 23rd May it may well have fans in at this game

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Cookie6262 on February 22, 2021, 04:55:29 PM
I know this will be controversial but I think it would be massively unfair to allow fans in just for the last game of the season, imagine if it was the other way round and we needed a result but having played a whole season behind closed doors they let in 15,000 Geordies into St James Park.
:plus one:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

The Cravenette

Well it could work against them if things aren't going well. 15000 Geordies moaning and booing!

Baston White

Looks like it's going to happen.
Fans allowed back into Stadiums from May 17th with up to 10,000 fans allowed in!!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Baston White on February 22, 2021, 07:07:57 PM
Looks like it's going to happen.
Fans allowed back into Stadiums from May 17th with up to 10,000 fans allowed in!!
Not the whole story.  Up to 10,000 people or a quarter of the capacity, whichever is smaller, will be permitted in the largest venues like Wembley. Smaller stadiums will be limited to either 4,000 people or half of their capacity, whichever is lower.

Tempest

No, not unfair, not everything in life can be equal, all away teams have to just suck it up as Fulham fans would have to if we were playing at their place.

In my view, the only way to look at this is as a positive, it means we're finally getting to the end of this mess and fans being back is a small part of this.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Twig

Quote from: Tempest on February 23, 2021, 07:51:31 AM
No, not unfair, not everything in life can be equal, all away teams have to just suck it up as Fulham fans would have to if we were playing at their place.

In my view, the only way to look at this is as a positive, it means we're finally getting to the end of this mess and fans being back is a small part of this.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I sincerely hope so.

Whitestone

It looks hopeful for the Newcastle game. Fingers crossed that we'll either be safe by then or at the very least still in with a chance of staying up. I guess all those lucky people who were successful in the ballot for the Brighton match will get tickets. Possibly more if capacity is higher than 2000 by May.

MikeTheCubed

Would rather wait till next season if it meant a greater likelihood of full capacity, no mask requirements or staggered arrival times etc. Pre-season games are generally low attendance anyway and would therefore naturally serve as an experimental stage.

Maidstone Lee

I'm guessing it will be a ballot again? Wonder if those who got tickets for the Liverpool game will be eligible/excluded.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Pieter A’dam

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on February 23, 2021, 11:12:25 AM
I'm guessing it will be a ballot again? Wonder if those who got tickets for the Liverpool game will be eligible/excluded.
I had tickets for the Brighton game, but fans attendance was cancelled due to 2nd covid wave. The club confirmed at the time that if fans would be allowed back in, these fans will be offered the first tickets. I guess that is around 1500 in total and I reckon that we can host 4000 for the Newcastle game (perhaps 400 away fans). we'll see its a long wait before Mid May.