watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What will Roy do?

Started by Andy S, February 22, 2021, 11:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

We just saw Brighton get beaten the way we usually do against Roy -- have all of the ball, struggle to create clear chances, don't get the rub of the green on some deflections, and eat a lethal counter.

We're going to have to press CP into some turnovers so we can break in their half. We're not going to repeatedly break down their nine men sitting back in a bunker.

Andy S

Yes I fear Roy will Park the bus and try to catch us on the break

perry geyton

Roy got very very lucky today, two out of know where wonder goals, even he couldn't believe his luck

Brighton remind me of us a bit, can't score

That result today was criminal, I hope we batter them

Southdowns White

Instead of worrying about what Roy will do, I am hoping Parker has a game plan to win the game, I hope he doesn't think we score one after having 70% of the ball and then sit on that as he did against Sheffield U the other night. Too often this season we have been the makers of our own downfall, inviting pressure on after really playing very well for the majority of the game.
I have said on here earlier in the season that I thought Parker was responsible for being more scared of loosing games than having the ambition to go and win. I hope that has changed as we all wish we had won a few more games in amongst all those draws, even if it meant we lost a few as well.
I do think it has been an enormous learning curve for Parker this season in difficult circumstances for the first 10 games or so.  I really hope he pulls of another great escape  and goes on to manage us as a successful team for years to come.

alfie

Quote from: Southdowns White on February 23, 2021, 08:48:27 AM
Instead of worrying about what Roy will do, I am hoping Parker has a game plan to win the game, I hope he doesn't think we score one after having 70% of the ball and then sit on that as he did against Sheffield U the other night. Too often this season we have been the makers of our own downfall, inviting pressure on after really playing very well for the majority of the game.
I have said on here earlier in the season that I thought Parker was responsible for being more scared of loosing games than having the ambition to go and win. I hope that has changed as we all wish we had won a few more games in amongst all those draws, even if it meant we lost a few as well.
I do think it has been an enormous learning curve for Parker this season in difficult circumstances for the first 10 games or so.  I really hope he pulls of another great escape  and goes on to manage us as a successful team for years to come.
I have unsure thoughts on this against Sheffield.U, we desperately needed the 3 points, we had them, if he had then pushed for a second, and Sheffield, got the ball on the break and scored, would we be then having a go at Parker for not protecting the lead.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

clarkey

The way to beat Palace, as we have seen, is not to simply pass the ball around their penalty box from side to side. That is suicide.

Then we will only achieve a final ball in, when it eventually comes, that CP are ready for.They are well organised and defend well.We also leave ourselves open to the turn over and rapid break that Palace can apply.

The key is to attack fast and with a three man forward line that utilises Lookman's ability to beat a man. So get him 1 on 1. Have Bobby and new signing Maja making runs, one midfielder, probably the laborious RLC, needs to support but he too can beat a man.Use long balls from the back (Andersen) and do not commit to all out 9 men attacks. They don't work and they will score on the break.

Fast attacking is the key, so be patient, let them come on to us a bit, and face it a draw is not awful. We will have more chances against Spurs and Liverpool.We can win one of those.Expect a war of attrition against Palace and no flat out attacks with the whole team on the front foot.Brighton did it and look what happened.

RaySmith

Quote from: alfie on February 23, 2021, 09:22:53 AM
Quote from: Southdowns White on February 23, 2021, 08:48:27 AM
I have unsure thoughts on this against Sheffield.U, we desperately needed the 3 points, we had them, if he had then pushed for a second, and Sheffield, got the ball on the break and scored, would we be then having a go at Parker for not protecting the lead.

Good post.

SU were  starting to look very likely to score - they went for it, as the game  went into the final stages, so i was glad when he  brought on defensive players.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 22, 2021, 02:34:47 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 22, 2021, 02:27:08 PM
I have no fear of Crystal Palace, we are more than capable of storming their castle and taking all the points.

It's their moat that's the problem....we haven't practiced backstroke, and RLC's butterfly isn't up to scratch

Not forgetting the Drawbridge which could also be a problem.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Once Roy starts scratching his chin we will know we have them on the rack. He will have plenty of worries about us and he knows it. He got out of jail last night with his Houdini act, but I cannot see Fulham letting them mug us the way they mugged Brighton last night. SP would have witnessed what took place at Brighton and will be fully aware what to expect.

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 23, 2021, 09:52:53 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 22, 2021, 02:34:47 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 22, 2021, 02:27:08 PM
I have no fear of Crystal Palace, we are more than capable of storming their castle and taking all the points.

It's their moat that's the problem....we haven't practiced backstroke, and RLC's butterfly isn't up to scratch

Not forgetting the Drawbridge which could also be a problem.

We can get RLC some water wings and a snorkel and flippers. I'm still trying to get around the moat though.

Milo

I think we approach the game as we have recently but Aina LB and Tete RB need to be a lot more conservative.

Cav will be an important addition upfront on the wing.

I would play BDR not Maja up front.

blingo

I'd play both Maja and Mitro up front if fit. We need wins. Draws are no longer any good. I'd rather win one lose one than draw two. We have to go for it.

Woolly Mammoth

We cannot afford to settle for a draw Sunday, a win is not difficult, all we have to do is score at least one more goal than them, nothing daunting about that I would have thought.

Never forget your Roots.

RoyTund

How on earth have they got this many points

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 23, 2021, 01:57:56 PM
We cannot afford to settle for a draw Sunday, a win is not difficult, all we have to do is score at least one more goal than them, nothing daunting about that I would have thought.

As logical as ever WM :)

We have to make sure that we try and move the ball quickly against Palace and vary up our ball movement a bit.

More long balls like the beautiful Andersen one for Lookman, and some diagonals and switching of the play wouldn't go astray too.

If we are too slow with our tempo and predictable with our passing Palace will lap it up, absorb pressure like a sponge and strike on the counter.

Milo

Not sure we will get much change from Roy to be honest. Happy with draw personally. We aren't 8 points away anymore, just 4.

Think we set up for a draw personally. If we pinch a win, great. However going all out is a certain way of losing against a Hodgson team.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 23, 2021, 02:29:42 PM

We have to make sure that we try and move the ball quickly against Palace and vary up our ball movement a bit.

More long balls like the beautiful Andersen one for Lookman, and some diagonals and switching of the play wouldn't go astray too.

If we are too slow with our tempo and predictable with our passing Palace will lap it up, absorb pressure like a sponge and strike on the counter.

Agree with you, we must make sure they march to the beat of our drum and play at our quick tempo, we have come too far in this battle to allow Palace to thwart us now, they had their moment of glory last night and that's as far as their good news goes. We must be ruthless and keep our foot firmly on their neck.

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 23, 2021, 02:42:43 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 23, 2021, 02:29:42 PM

Agree with you, we must make sure they march to the beat of our drum and play at our quick tempo, we have come too far in this battle to allow Palace to thwart us now, they had their moment of glory last night and that's as far as their good news goes. We must be ruthless and keep our foot firmly on their neck.
:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

perry geyton

Quote from: Milo on February 23, 2021, 02:30:44 PM
Not sure we will get much change from Roy to be honest. Happy with draw personally. We aren't 8 points away anymore, just 4.

Think we set up for a draw personally. If we pinch a win, great. However going all out is a certain way of losing against a Hodgson team.

We have to beat palace it's as simple as that, have you not seen the 3 following fixtures ?

Why would we set up for a point they are rubbish ?
We need points ASAP

Denver Fulham

Roy will be perfectly happy with 0-0, and maybe they nick one (or two) on a rare counter. The match will be pretty much what we saw against Sheff Utd and what Palace provided yesterday. We're going to have to be patient if we can't press them into a mistake, and find a way to unlock them without getting hit on the counter. I don't think we're scoring twice against them if they set up similar to yesterday, so we're going to need a clean sheet in order to win. Brighton are a better version of us in the final third -- their movement and passing is more incisive -- and they had trouble crafting clear chances against nine men defending.