watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The chances we are making

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 22, 2021, 02:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

I'm putting coin on RLC to score against the palace.... he's been getting near....think Maja is looking the part

filham

Our starting front three will selected from Maja, Lookman, Reid and Cav. with the fourth probably coming on after 60 minutes in an attempt to open our scoring. Roy will not find it difficult to contain any of these strikers and I am having am finding it hard to imagine any of them getting a goal.

Best chance of a goal on Sunday may be RLC sneaking one, time he scored another goal for us.

Deeping_white

Quote from: General on February 22, 2021, 10:01:12 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 22, 2021, 09:58:47 PM
Quote from: General on February 22, 2021, 09:55:47 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 22, 2021, 06:39:05 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on February 22, 2021, 05:55:02 PM
We didn't create anything against Sheffield United other than when their defender didn't bother defending who are bottom!
And yet the stats say Fulham Shots = 15 // On Target = 7 .... so "we didn't create anything" is not really true....or fair!!  👍⚽️⚽️ 

Those stats are very misleading if you're cross-referencing them against being of a certain quality. A couple of those shots were way off target - didn't even come close/went into row z type behaviour.. there are at least two of Anguissa's that were completely speculative... Cavaleiro also shot straight into their keepers arms from a very tight angle and quite limply, whilst Lookman dragged a shot/pass into the GK's arms... none of any of those tested their keeper at all. And those are just the ones i remember off the top of my head. It's quite a common occurance too and there must've been at least one RLC shanked...

So two of anguissas 2, plus Cavaleiro +1, Lookman +1... RLC +1, that's a minimum, MINIMUM of 5 of our shots (1/3rd - that didn't even test their goalkeeper) that I can remember off the top of my head. We're REALLY poor at taking aggressive/on target shots or passing and our decision making in the final third.

Palace do currently have 26% posession against Brighton and last time I checked were drawing, their usual counter-attacking style. Without Zaha they've been struggling.. if we turn up, we could dare I say it get another 3 points... but whilst i'm being slightly more optimistic because we've got two wins - the one against Sheffield Utd was far from convincing and we were all in all very poor, especially in the final third.
..so what you are saying is, we are getting better? 😉⚽️

No - Definitely not saying that sadly... our finishing/passing/decision making in the final third against sheffield utd was appauling on the weekend, and Sheffield Utd could've grabbed a draw, which shows how vulnerable we are when we play and how thin the margins are.

But that can quite easily be countered by saying that they sat really deep with a back 5 and packed the middle of the pitch to try and frustrate us, similar to the tactics we'd employ against a top 6 team. It's not like we're going to play a team like Everton playing 4 at the back who won't press us so we can dictate the game every week, Sheff Utd for all their faults were always going to play in that manner and try and make it as hard as possible to create clear cut chances.

To answer the OP's point, we're actually about par for the course on creating good chances (by that I mean comfortably mid table when compared to all the other teams this season based on stats for clear cut chances) and if we'd had a decent finisher on the end of even half a dozen, we'd be about 6 points better off at least right now. Think of all the clear cut chances we've all been on here ranting about that we've missed, we're into double figures right now quite comfortably.

The Rock

Quote from: Jamie88 on February 22, 2021, 06:17:59 PM
But we aren't creating alot, that's our problem..

Odd Crystal Palace needs 2 chances for 2 goals and teams like us and BHA need 20-25 chances for 1 goal.

perry geyton

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on February 22, 2021, 02:23:42 PM
If what you say is true, may as well tonk Palace!
No let's beat palace and tonk Liverpool