watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fabio Carvalho has scored 10 goals.

Started by love4ffc, February 23, 2021, 05:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Check out this post from Fulham FC https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/february/Carvalho-Great-To-Get-Three-Points/

Fabio Carvalho has scored 10 goals so far for the U23's.  With the lack of goals in the first team I can't help but wonder why not have him as an option on the bench?

In Fulham's last match the bench mainly consisted of defenders.   Surely Scott and the first team are crying out for more attacking options.  Why not leave Hector or Odoi out and add Fab? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

jelmo

Maybe it's not so easy to flip flop between u23 and the first team as they may be in different bubbles.

Dodgin

He does look good, saw him at the age of 17 playing against Bromley first team. Plenty of space on the bench to give him an opportunity. assuming we were three up.

davew

I see no reason why he shouldn´t make the bench as we are not excatly spoilt for choice when it comes to attacking options. Must be a better option than having Ream, Odoi, Hector and Bryan all on the bench at the same time.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Stevieboy

Doesn't matter who we bring in if we don't adopt a more attacking outlook.
He can't score if we are constantly recycling and not taking the opportunity to get the ball into the box.
Wouldn't do his confidence any good I feel.

Milo

Is there a named squad that are eligible to play that we submitted earlier in the year, or can you play anyone?

grandad

Quote from: Milo on February 23, 2021, 06:38:06 PM
Is there a named squad that are eligible to play that we submitted earlier in the year, or can you play anyone?

We can play as many Academy youngsters as we like. They do not form part of the 25 named squad.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Quote from: grandad on February 23, 2021, 07:37:38 PM
Quote from: Milo on February 23, 2021, 06:38:06 PM

We can play as many Academy youngsters as we like. They do not form part of the 25 named squad.

Exactly right.

blingo

If they're good enough , they're old enough

hongkongfulham

Quote from: jelmo on February 23, 2021, 05:44:12 PM
Maybe it's not so easy to flip flop between u23 and the first team as they may be in different bubbles.

Think its exactly that. Pulling the guy out of training/games with the u23 with the promise of maybe a few minutes when we are coasting in games (dare to dream) wouldn't be good for his development. I seem to remember that when we pulled Jasper and him in for our Cup squad it required some pre planning/covid logistics.

His next step will likely be a loan given our previous policy with promising lads. 

I agree with the sentiment of the post however. Would love to see guys continue to come through with us, as our track record has been ok in recent years. Roberts, Elliot, Sess, Rodak, dembele, lasse,

The Rational Fan

Fabio Carvalho isn't as good as Josh Onamah yet, as Onamah's game in u23 shows he is much too good for that level and better than Fabio. If both players are on the bench it's highly unlikely both will play, so it seems Parker would prefer Carvalho to play in u23 than being Onamah's backup, which I think is wise.

Jamie88

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 23, 2021, 11:03:32 PM
Fabio Carvalho isn't as good as Josh Onamah yet, as Onamah's game in u23 shows he is much too good for that level and better than Fabio. If both players are on the bench it's highly unlikely both will play, so it seems Parker would prefer Carvalho to play in u23 than being Onamah's backup, which I think is wise.

They are different players and don't even share the same position

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jamie88 on February 23, 2021, 11:33:40 PM

They are different players and don't even share the same position

At this stage Parker obviously thinks Onamah and Reid on the bench will prevent Fabio getting a run on the field. Fabio is probably ready to be sent on loan to the championship or play with us if we go down, but I really doubt he is premier league ready yet.

AJW48361

Wasn't Jasper getting more bench time last season than all of the other youngsters and Stansfield also appeared ahead of Fabio last season.

love4ffc

I guess the bottom line for me, if team bubbles are not an issue then I wouldn't mind seeing either Fabio or Jasper on the first team bench as options.  Again, I think the current first team bench is defender heavy and could use more attacking options.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: love4ffc on February 24, 2021, 02:11:14 AM
I guess the bottom line for me, if team bubbles are not an issue then I wouldn't mind seeing either Fabio or Jasper on the first team bench as options.  Again, I think the current first team bench is defender heavy and could use more attacking options.

If you think sticking a player with incredible potential on a premier league bench improves him, then why isn't RLC (who has spent more minutes on the bench than any other truly talented player) the best player in premier league? Fabio can play u23s until he's a first team starter, or he's the Mo Salah of the U23s, then play him when he is too good for many to handle.

sunburywhite

We need to get the ball into the middle first
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Whitestone

How do you know that Carvalho isn't as good as Onomah ?

bog

Quote from: blingo on February 23, 2021, 10:15:04 PM
If they're good enough , they're old enough

+1. I am not a fan of United but I do admire their yoof system from right back to the '50's under Matt Busby when they used to win the FA Yoof Cup year on year. I am not sure from exactly when but in every game for many seasons a yoof product had taken part.   

res

Quote from: love4ffc on February 23, 2021, 05:40:51 PM
Check out this post from Fulham FC https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/february/Carvalho-Great-To-Get-Three-Points/

Fabio Carvalho has scored 10 goals so far for the U23's.  With the lack of goals in the first team I can't help but wonder why not have him as an option on the bench?

In Fulham's last match the bench mainly consisted of defenders.   Surely Scott and the first team are crying out for more attacking options.  Why not leave Hector or Odoi out and add Fab? 

He looks OK in the U23s but there's a massive gap between U23s and first team football. Personally, don't think the U23 set up, nationally (not just us) works...some clubs use it to play youngsters (like we do), other clubs play squad first teamers (Leeds/Newcastle). There's no natural step up to the first team.