https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fabio Carvalho has scored 10 goals.

Started by love4ffc, February 23, 2021, 05:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Whitestone on February 24, 2021, 08:14:29 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 23, 2021, 11:03:32 PM
Fabio Carvalho isn't as good as Josh Onamah yet, as Onamah's game in u23 shows he is much too good for that level and better than Fabio. If both players are on the bench it's highly unlikely both will play, so it seems Parker would prefer Carvalho to play in u23 than being Onamah's backup, which I think is wise.

How do you know that Carvalho isn't as good as Onomah ?

I agree with your question, but also, they are not remotely comparable as they play in completely different positions so I really struggle to see the relevance of this.

Whitestone

Quote from: Twig on February 24, 2021, 01:26:17 PM
Fabio Carvalho isn't as good as Josh Onamah yet, as Onamah's game in u23 shows he is much too good for that level and better than Fabio. If both players are on the bench it's highly unlikely both will play, so it seems Parker would prefer Carvalho to play in u23 than being Onamah's backup, which I think is wise.

I agree with your question, but also, they are not remotely comparable as they play in completely different positions so I really struggle to see the relevance of this.

Onomah and Carvalho are both attacking midfielders.

keithh

If he feeds off crosses/passes into the box I fear he might go hungry.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Whitestone on February 24, 2021, 01:35:31 PM
Quote from: Twig on February 24, 2021, 01:26:17 PM

Onomah and Carvalho are both attacking midfielders.

If Carvalho, Reid and Onamah were on the bench, what player could Carvalho substitute that Onamah or Reid couldn't?

As for whether Onamah or Carvalho is better, we can compare their latest U23 performances, it seems from limited minutes that Onamah is much too good for u23 and it seems Carvalho could use another 6 to 18 months in his development.

Parker of course gets to see both on the training ground, and based on his decisions we know he rates Onamah and Reid for now, while wants Carvalho to develop in the under 23s.

It maybe worth noting that Venus Willians coach (ie their dad) choose to delay her from senior tennis competition more than any other player in history, winning a set against top four player Aracha Sanchez two years before professional debut. Venus Williams was delayed so much that she made the US Open final four months after her first gland slam match. 8 months before her US Open Final, Venus Williams had played 14 professional matches, even though every tournament wanted her to play as their wildcard, even tennis magazines were saying she will win a grand slam shortly after she enters.

The coach delaying Carvalho debut until he is ready like the Williams sisters maybe a great decision too.

Tabby

Carvalho not in the u23 squad today, possibly been moved up.

blingo

Quote from: sunburywhite on February 24, 2021, 07:46:02 AM
We need to get the ball into the middle first

Do that and Mitro, Maja, and whoever you put in there can score. It is more our current problem than anything else.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Jeroen

076.gifChampionship expierence next year - either with us (let's hope not) or loan deal in my opinion

Oh and wasn't he in the latest training pics on social media!?!

JackHamlet90

Surely Carvalho is worth having on the bench over Hector Odoi etc now we can name 9 subs