watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Palace beating Brighton Was that a good result for Fulham

Started by The Swan, February 24, 2021, 03:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Was that the best result for Fulham. It means that Palace have moved to safety but it has brought Brighton within reach of us, if we continue our form and wins.
The Swan

The Old Count

Jules

Yes in my opinion. I said this on another thread whilst the game was being played. Brighton are only 4 points ahead of us and Newcastle just 3. Palace are too far ahead of us and you just know they will be safe. So, hopefully with that win, they will relax more against us as the pressure is not as intense for them. I really hope Zaha is still out also. First goal will be vital and we need to get it.

Statto

I think so. Wouldn't have minded a draw but of the two, I think we're far more likely to finish above Brighton than Palace. IMO people are making far too much of Palace losing a couple before this fixture. Their form over the last 6 games is the same as ours even with our good recent results, so I just don't see us getting anywhere near them. More likely to catch Newcastle (obviously), Brighton, Burnley and even Southampton IMO.

Whitestone

It's hard to say without having a crystal ball. On the face of it it does seem so but of course Brighton could go on a winning run. All we can affect are the games we are involved in so for me it's one game at a time and next up is Palace.

Holders

I'd have said so except that Brighton had the best if the game and Palace might not have won on form. Thus, if Brighton's form is gong to be better than Palace's from here on in then it would have been better for them not to have got the three points.

But that's all semantics, we had no control over it whatever, circumstances move in mysterious ways and what really matters is beating Palace on Sunday.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Lordedmundo

Yes  - because even before the game, there was little or no chance of us catching Palace. So, to have Brighton lose keeps them within touching distance. I still don't think we will catch them but good that it is not just Newcastle that we can potentially chase down....

The Old Count

Quote from: Statto on February 24, 2021, 03:56:04 PM
I think so. Wouldn't have minded a draw but of the two, I think we're far more likely to finish above Brighton than Palace. IMO people are making far too much of Palace losing a couple before this fixture. Their form over the last 6 games is the same as ours even with our good recent results, so I just don't see us getting anywhere near them. More likely to catch Newcastle (obviously), Brighton, Burnley and even Southampton IMO.
Agree. Really can't see Roy not getting 8 more points from 13 games. Newcastle, Brighton and Burnley, in that order, are the one's we can catch.

filham

Agree it is hard to see us catching Palace but we cannot predict how Brighton, Burnley or Newcastle are going to perform over the rest of the season. All that is fully in our control is our own form and we really do need to start scoring more than a solitary goal at the Cottage.

PaulJ123

Don't think either of them will be in trouble come the end of the season.

Palace will get enough results and Brighton look too good.

Think it's us, Newcastle or Burnley.

We need to beat one of City, Spurs or Liverpool I think to stand a chance.

JackHamlet90

We need to worry about ourselves. Realistically Crystal Palace are never going down with King Roy in charge so overall yes it's a good result for Fulham

perry geyton

Quote from: Jules on February 24, 2021, 03:37:02 PM
Yes in my opinion. I said this on another thread whilst the game was being played. Brighton are only 4 points ahead of us and Newcastle just 3. Palace are too far ahead of us and you just know they will be safe. So, hopefully with that win, they will relax more against us as the pressure is not as intense for them. I really hope Zaha is still out also. First goal will be vital and we need to get it.

Brighton are too good to go down, they made us look terrible in both games we played em, Palace on the other hand are rubbish and deserved zero points from that game

Blawarmy

Brighton and Newcastle are playing each other on 20/3. That could be interesting!

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: Blawarmy on February 24, 2021, 10:13:43 PM
Brighton and Newcastle are playing each other on 20/3. That could be interesting!

0-0 draw with 7 red cards and a point deduction for both teams for failing to control their players ,is what I want from that

FFC In Oz

Quote from: filham on February 24, 2021, 05:46:16 PM
Agree it is hard to see us catching Palace but we cannot predict how Brighton, Burnley or Newcastle are going to perform over the rest of the season. All that is fully in our control is our own form and we really do need to start scoring more than a solitary goal at the Cottage.

Yep, our scoring at home has been deplorable in all honesty.

What I think though is that our style lends itself to creating more opportunities on the break, which will be more common as we come up against the better sides.

When the onus is on us to dominate possession and break down a team that have 8 or 9 guys behind the ball we tend to struggle.

Luka

If Palace are able to beat them without Zaha in the side then I'll assume Palace are a lot better equipped to survive a relegation battle than Brighton.
On that basis alone I think it was a good result for us.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on February 24, 2021, 10:36:15 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on February 24, 2021, 10:13:43 PM

0-0 draw with 7 red cards and a point deduction for both teams for failing to control their players ,is what I want from that
I'll take that [emoji1303]

Whitesideup

Quote from: Luka on February 25, 2021, 02:18:35 PM
If Palace are able to beat them without Zaha in the side then I'll assume Palace are a lot better equipped to survive a relegation battle than Brighton.
On that basis alone I think it was a good result for us.
It sounded like a classic performance from both sides; Brighton 25 attempts on goal - scored 1. Palace 3 attempts on goal - scored 2. But you may be right, If Brighton (like us) do not convert chances to goals, and therefore end up not getting anything out of games that they should have, then they could struggle. But I tend to agree with others in the thread who argue Brighton are too good to go down.

The Old Count

Seems like Brighton are this year's Brentford.   Too good to go down, better than us, made us look terrible when we played them.  We're better than them and will probably finish above them.

Statto

Quote from: The Old Count on February 25, 2021, 05:30:54 PM
Seems like Brighton are this year's Brentford.   Too good to go down, better than us, made us look terrible when we played them.  We're better than them and will probably finish above them.

Agree, don't understand some of the praise lavished on Brighton on here nor the claim that they outplayed us. I think the fact we complain about players like Cavaleiro and RLC being in the team when they have Dan Burn on the wing says something about the quality of our respective squads.