News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

With life returning to the new normal in June.

Started by Riversider, February 24, 2021, 03:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

How many season ticket holders on here will NOT be renewing their season ticket next season because of covid related concerns  ?
For me personally,  I will renew on the first day but I'm sure there will be some people who won't be so keen.

filham

Quote from: Riversider on February 24, 2021, 03:32:15 PM
How many season ticket holders on here will NOT be renewing their season ticket next season because of covid related concerns  ?
For me personally,  I will renew on the first day but I'm sure there will be some people who won't be so keen.
I have been Shielding all through Covid and while eager to get back to the Cottage I will have to give it a lot of thought. I wonder if data on infections rates etc. will still be published come next August.

WokingFFC

We will not be renewing ours as we will be travelling

brightster

I wonder if it will still be with a reduced capacity, as no one knows the data yet.

mrmicawbers

Providing you've had the vaccine I don't see why not.Can't wait.

SP

I currently leave the house once a month but I'm very keen to get back to the Cottage.

JackHamlet90

Worked all the way through hasn't felt like a lockdown for me at all. Normal life needs to be resumed so I can't wait to get back to Craven Cottage

Andy S

I'll go with the science. If they say it's safe I will renew for next season. Corona Virus is never ever going to disappear. It is one of those things that is here to stay. So we have to live with it. You dont worry about colds or flu so why worry your socks about this one. I'll have my yearly vaccine and take my chance

SuffolkWhite

Wasn't going to renew anyway and was going to get a Membership and maybe do 5/6 home games and a few away games a season.  The night games were difficult to get to and started Interrupting with work. But can't wait to see the cottage again.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Twig

Not concerned about Covid so it's down to whether or not I choose to renew. I don't like the lack of Saturday games and all the daft evening and Sunday times but I will probably give in and renew after some grumbling!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 24, 2021, 09:33:32 PM
Wasn't going to renew anyway and was going to get a Membership and maybe do 5/6 home games and a few away games a season.  The night games were difficult to get to and started Interrupting with work. But can't wait to see the cottage again.

A slight word of caution on Membership, although the big relaunch might be better. We had that two seasons ago and that category really seemed to miss out. The away tickets for the bigger games and derbies were generally snapped up before this category's slot and there were no great perks like bring a friend for a tenner. It's great having a full house at The Cottage but invariably when tickets go on sale to members you are in the rain behind a steward or Hagrids twin.
It will be harder to achieve for higher league football I suppose but I have membership at Somerset Cricket which covers any four days in the four day season and any two 50 over games, all for £60. Not all ST holders at The Cottage can travel and I would be dead keen on committing to all the London away games or a batch of four or five aways.
Anyway good luck with it all.

Southdowns White

Sharing a season ticket might be the best solution for some, for a few years now three of us have shared two season tickets as getting to all games has become very tough. Pre Covid games could be on almost any day and weekend kick off times very varied,  with work and family commitments I have chosen to drop the amount of games I go to, travelling up from West Sussex also adds a time pressure for me.
The advantages are, we get the benefits of having a season ticket, still get our seats and I can now get to the odd away game again.

SuffolkWhite

I would happily share a season ticket with one of two others, I don't mind an evening game once in a while but just not every game at night. I will be asked to renew at some point.
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Bill2

On a personal note I will be renewing but hope not to many midweek games due to Sadiq Khan extending the LEZ to the South Circular, this means it will cost me about £15 just to drive to the ground so will have to travel by public transport. I get the bus for a Saturday KO but for midweek and depending on KO times may have to hang around for some time after.

Bill2

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 25, 2021, 12:07:12 AM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 24, 2021, 09:33:32 PM

A slight word of caution on Membership, although the big relaunch might be better. We had that two seasons ago and that category really seemed to miss out. The away tickets for the bigger games and derbies were generally snapped up before this category's slot and there were no great perks like bring a friend for a tenner. It's great having a full house at The Cottage but invariably when tickets go on sale to members you are in the rain behind a steward or Hagrids twin.
It will be harder to achieve for higher league football I suppose but I have membership at Somerset Cricket which covers any four days in the four day season and any two 50 over games, all for £60. Not all ST holders at The Cottage can travel and I would be dead keen on committing to all the London away games or a batch of four or five aways.
Anyway good luck with it all.
I suppose the big question is should members get privilege booking for away games over season ticket holders? As a ST holder who likes to attend the occasional away game, normally midweek, I have my view which is no, although if they attached some sort of points system, highest points given to least attractive games, this may be used to balance it up.

Riversider

Quote from: Bill2 on February 25, 2021, 03:30:26 PM
On a personal note I will be renewing but hope not to many midweek games due to Sadiq Khan extending the LEZ to the South Circular, this means it will cost me about £15 just to drive to the ground so will have to travel by public transport. I get the bus for a Saturday KO but for midweek and depending on KO times may have to hang around for some time after.

Any idea how the extension to the LEZ  will affect people travelling in from either the M3 or M4 ? And when does this extension come in to play ?
Thanks

gang

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 25, 2021, 08:50:12 AM
I would happily share a season ticket with one of two others, I don't mind an evening game once in a while but just not every game at night. I will be asked to renew at some point.

Sharing seems to be a good option as I too have to travel a distance to every game.

Ged

Quote from: gang on February 25, 2021, 04:02:43 PM

Sharing seems to be a good option as I too have to travel a distance to every game.
25th October its when you cross either the north or south circular so M4 is chiswick roundabout

mrmicawbers

Getting a season ticket with family and friends 12 of us in total is not just about supporting Fulham.It is like a glue that allows us to get together every other week and keep these close ties together. Having a beer and food before the game and then continuing with beers after.There are also lots of Fulham friends that we see outside our group.I would imagine all of us will be renewing next season.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: gang on February 25, 2021, 04:02:43 PM

Happy to consider sharing gang and with one other if there is any interest on here?
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"