watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: more dodgy referees at the rugby?

Started by SP, February 27, 2021, 05:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Visiting Wales is a big enough challenge but I'm struggling with the second Wales try?

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bas White

SP

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 27, 2021, 05:26:06 PM
Extraordinary  (i.e. wrong) decision.

Always a bit of a clue when the player is furious with the knock on.

sunburywhite

Just our luck the only Frenchman who didnt catch Covid this week is the ref

How the hell was deliberate knock on in first 5 minutes when Itoje got through on the scrum half
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Cambridge Pete

First try. Ref tells Farrell to talk to his players and then allows Wales to Play On. Appalling. Makes the ref at WBA V Brighton look good (Yes totally different Sport)

SP

I enjoy rugby union but don't understand the finer points.  How can a player be penalised for not rolling away when he has two opposing players lying on top of him & pinned to the ground?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: SP on February 27, 2021, 05:47:02 PMFair question.  But it's quite easy to 'accidentall' get oneself stuck.
I enjoy rugby union but don't understand the finer points.  How can a player be penalised for not rolling away when he has two opposing players lying on top of him & pinned to the ground?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southcoastffc

England's loss must lie at Eddie Jones door. Terrible indiscipline, poor tactics. Not just today either.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Bas White

Can I just say, as a Welshman, Owen Farrells post match interview was incredibly dignified

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Bas White on February 27, 2021, 06:55:04 PM
Can I just say, as a Welshman, Owen Farrells post match interview was incredibly dignified
IMO he's a very good player, but not captain material. Should be far more disciplined in his play and certainly in his habit of talking back to the sole arbiter of the game.

Plodder

I think Eddie Jones has been overly fixated on building for the next World Cup, which is a risky strategy.  Each Six Nations matters. I suspect that from the next Six Nations, Jones will be stepping things up by 5% as part of the build up to France 2023. England have to improve their discipline. The calls for Jones and Farrell to go are an over reaction. Jones has proved his worth over the years. Farrell is a top class player, although he should give more of his long range penalties to Daly.

alfie

Quote from: SP on February 27, 2021, 05:47:02 PM
Whether you can roll away is not the point, you have to be seen trying to roll away.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't