watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bizarre moments if football that you have seen

Started by davew, February 27, 2021, 06:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

For me today was 1 of them with the freekick incident in the WBA V Brighton match, so many twists over a 5 minute period not 4 as allowed at half time. Lee Mason is now my hero!!  :003:

Great result for us and even better if Newcastle lose tonight and we the business tomorrow.

Come on guys (memory lane), bizarre incidents that you remember?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SouthIslandWhite

It is so nice to see some weird twists and turns in the league finally helping us out for a change.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

_Putney_

Lampard's England goal that was a good two feet over the line always comes to mind because I have no idea how you can't see it.

Brighton's goal against Man Utd earlier this season where VAR gave a goal (or penalty leading to the goal) after the final whistle!

When I was playing football in my teens, our forward was fouled in the box and the ref shouted, "We're not doing penalties today," and the game carried on, and no penalties were given.

Woolly Mammoth

Back in the mid 70s at the Cottage, Fulham had just scored against Brighton at the Hammy end and all the  Fulham players ran over to congratulate Super Mitch the goal scorer, and at the same time Alan Mullery and Jimmy Dunne were swopping punches on the halfway line, absolutely bizzare.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Finnans Right Peg

Pedro mendes goal against Man utd at old trafford when Carroll spilled it over the line

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Craven Mad

Darren Bent's "beach ball" goal springs to mind as a v odd incident...

Steeeeeeeeeed

I am very vague in this but I think it was Newcastle (might have been Sunderland) we were playing at the Cottage in about 2003 and a big built bloke came running on the pitch from the away section and streaked in his yellow y fronts... He did a great job and dodged the stewards / cops etc and i laughed so much.

Streakers are underrated in my opinion, always disappointed when the cameras don't show them on TV.

cmg

When Bertie Auld became the fourth Celtic player to be sent off (yes, they had already had 3 off, the first totally the wrong player) in the Intercontinental Cup play-off against Racing Club (Argentina) an enormous melee took place involving the referee, linesmen, players and armed soldiers. Tommy Gemmell took the opportunity to take revenge on an Argentinian who had spat at him by delivering a poweful kick in the bollox. This seemed to go unnoticed by the officials, meanwhile Auld sneaked round the back of this mayhem and retook his position on the field. He finished the game despite having been sent off.

Logicalman

Gary Sprake throwing the ball into his own net against Liverpool belongs in my memory lane.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Dr Know

Quote from: Logicalman on February 27, 2021, 07:50:04 PM
Gary Sprake throwing the ball into his own net against Liverpool belongs in my memory lane.

And the Liverpool fans on the Kop starting singing the song.  " Careless. Hands. ". !

Logicalman

Quote from: Dr Know on February 27, 2021, 07:57:57 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on February 27, 2021, 07:50:04 PM

And the Liverpool fans on the Kop starting singing the song.  " Careless. Hands. ". !

Exactly, and to add to it all, that's what the guy played at HT as well  :012:

Punching Bobby Gould was another highlight of Sprake's career (he had SO many) RIP lad.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

abfg

Reminiscent of today's incident was the Malbranque/Barthez penalty incident.
The Pires/Henry weird penalty pass.
I also remember once, in a strange, very strange moment, Sergio Rico caught a cross.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

We Are Premier League

Giroud and Coquelin celebrating by throwing shirts into the stand, although the game was going to extra time and they had to ask for them back...

MaximusDecimus

That streaker roughly 24 years ago away in an FA cup tie against a  none league team ( cant remember name ) Ok a streaker is not bizarre but it was how the stewards could not catch him, slipping  and falling everywhere due to how wet and muddy the  pitch was. The whole crowd cheering every time they missed their prey . Oh it was so funny !!!

Woodlawn

In a reserve game in the 50's our keeper Ken Hewkins took a penalty which hit the bar ,then bounced over the players only to land to the opponents forward who ran the other end to score.

Fulham Tup North

Fulham at home.....early 80's... I think v Lincoln... wet Tuesday night.... the usual shy 1,800 watching ...  we were struggling and you could hear everything being said...Lincoln had a player down in the box, and someone up the Hammy end shouted to the Fulham players.."Don't just stand there....practice" 🤣⚽️⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Andy S

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

In the 1960's I was playing for a team  in a local cup game in Sunbury.
The opposition (I can't remember their name) were a bikers club.
With only a few minutes to go we were winning by the odd goal and some of the bikers
road onto the pitch and refused to move.
Match Abandoned.  What would you have done if you were the ref ?

In another game that season, we played the Feltham Borstal team who for obvious reasons had to play all
of their games at home.
After the game, we had the usual cup of tea and chatted with the 'borstal boys'
Unfortunately, whoevers  job it was, at the 'prison'  they mixed up the teas.
That night the "boys' had a nice surprise and the girl I was 'seeing' dumped me for  lack of "performance"
Well, it was the promiscuous 'swinging 60's" !!
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES