watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

9 points

Started by Andy S, March 01, 2021, 02:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

9 points from our next three games would almost see us safe spurs, Liverpool & Man City. Why not

ChesterTheTabby

Why not, indeed. There's no predetermination, no manifesto or spiritual power that controls the game - it's football anything can happen. For all we know we thrash all three, or win all of them 1-0. Statistics and probability may otherwise, but ANYTHING can happen. Let's get behind the lads, and see what they can do!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Tempest

Quote from: Andy S on March 01, 2021, 02:26:44 AM
9 points from our next three games would almost see us safe spurs, Liverpool & Man City. Why not
Actually, not sure Man City is a bad shout, thing is, they have to lose, their run has to stop. It's always against teams they should beat.

Spurs, if we defend like Burnley then we deserve to lose by 4 but we're pretty solid at the back so again possible.

Liverpool, well it's Liverpool and in my book they deserve to lose every game they play in so I'm very happy with us beating them

But, 4 points would also be a good return. These 3 teams in particular, depends on what version shows up.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Woolly Mammoth

It's all on the day, or in this situation three different days, nine juicy points now wouldn't that be something.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC In Oz

Against City and Liverpool in particular, are you expecting Scott to revert to the 5 at the back system?

Cambridge Pete

Great to hear some positivity. Since the current defence started I have enjoyed seeing a team progress. Whatever happens I am proud of them. COYW

Andy S

Do you remember when Arsenal were on an unbeaten run a few years ago. We lost by two poor decisions by referee Mark Halsey.

Slaphead in Qatar

Our performance level is now constant - we are playing to a reasonable level in each game. Spurs and Liverpool are inconsistent and we have a good chance against them.

Man City I don't think we'll get anything from them. But then again they have a fixture pile up so we may be lucky and their performance level may dip .........

Robbie

If we play like yesterday, I am not sure we will score.
I think Lookman is increasingly a liability ... never passes. Won't pass to Mitro.

filham

Regret to spoil the positive thinking but for us nine points most likely means nine draws.
To get nine points from three games we would have to score at least a goal a game for the next three matches, our attack hasn't been that consistent all season.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: filham on March 01, 2021, 11:08:45 AM
Regret to spoil the positive thinking but for us nine points most likely means nine draws.
To get nine points from three games we would have to score at least a goal a game for the next three matches, our attack hasn't been that consistent all season.

Look at it like this - if we draw every game remaining then that might be enough.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Andy S on March 01, 2021, 10:02:10 AM
Do you remember when Arsenal were on an unbeaten run a few years ago. We lost by two poor decisions by referee Mark Halsey.
Did you really have to mention Halsey? I was just getting over memories of his refereeing. Didn't it turn out he went on holiday with Dalgleish or something equally bizarre? Always favoured the big teams.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Whitesideup on March 01, 2021, 12:13:45 PM
Did you really have to mention Halsey? I was just getting over memories of his refereeing. Didn't it turn out he went on holiday with Dalgleish or something equally bizarre? Always favoured the big teams.
He also said recently that it was a nailed on penalty for Sheffield United when they played us which should have been awarded for the Areola incident and Areola given a yellow card...

70sPimlico

Sneaky sneaky feeling we'll get 4 points.

shepperton white

depending on the results from the teams immediately above us, I'd happily take 3 points from our next three games!

Bill2

Mentioned this on a post here a few days ago, Collins John goal and the Andy Cole penalty decision both disallowed.

FFC1987

I think we'll need a healthy 4 from those to keep up the pace.

Fulham Tup North

I would be happy with 3 points from those three matches, however we come by them!! ⚽️⚽️👍
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

humphrey

NIL POINTS FROM NEXT 3, COME ON GET REAL.
CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT SEASON - BUILD AGAIN AND BACK TO THE PREM IN TWO TO THREE SEASONS.

FFC1987

Quote from: humphrey on March 02, 2021, 11:41:11 AM

NIL POINTS FROM NEXT 3, COME ON GET REAL.
CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT SEASON - BUILD AGAIN AND BACK TO THE PREM IN TWO TO THREE SEASONS.

Well, its all in caps so he's shouting it. Must be true.