watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think we’ll need 40 points to stay up

Started by RogFFC, March 02, 2021, 10:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogFFC

It's been such a bizarre season and all teams in around the bottom keep picking up points. I can't see one team completely imploding and getting hardly any points from their final 12 games. Therefore I think it's going to be a high number of points to stay up.

So, if this is the case (could well be wrong) do you think we could get 17 points from an available 36 still left to play for?

I think we will beat 2 out of Newcastle, Wolves and Burnley at home - so that's 6 points. Therefore we would need 11 points or so - 4 wins (or 3 wins and 2 draws) from the games against Spurs, Liverpool, City, Leeds, Villa, arsenal, Chelsea, Saints and Man United...

Where do you see those 11 points coming from (assuming we beat 2 out of Newcastle, Burnley and Wolves at home)?
I could see us beating Saints and maybe Villa. But that means we have GOT to pick points up from at least 2 games against the top 6 teams if we're going to stay up in my view. A win against Spurs on Thursday and I think we will do it!

What does everyone else think? COYW!

JoelH5

I think 36 is enough. Newcastle and Brighton have quite a few difficult games too. 40 points would mean they both need 4/5 wins out of 12 games. Highly unlikely
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Andy S

Personally I don't worry about it I want three points this Thursday then I'll worry about the next game. The rest is just your opinion which you are entitled to

RogFFC

Quote from: Andy S on March 02, 2021, 10:53:35 PM
Personally I don't worry about it I want three points this Thursday then I'll worry about the next game. The rest is just your opinion which you are entitled to

I wish I could do this! I'm always thinking about the game after the next game and who our rivals have got each week. I still do think it's going to be a high points tally for us to stay up though - although I think we can do it !

RaySmith

It's all hypothesis.

You could go crazy trying to get your head round all the different permutations.
Fulham  just need to focus on themselves and the next game, and trying to get as many points as possible on board.

There's bound to still be a lot of twists and turns along the way, and anything could happen, and I'm sure there will be some unexpected results, and unexpected  teams going on losing, and  others going on winning, runs.

WE just need to focus on our next game, as  a potential three points, whoever the opponent.

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on March 02, 2021, 10:53:35 PM

Exactly the same for me.

MaidenheadMick

With the injuries to Newcasles first choice forward line ( all three are out for at least the next 4 weeks) I cant see them realistically picking up 8pts from their remaining games

We Are Premier League

No way that 17 teams will get to 40 points for the season.

Woolly Mammoth

40 points you reckon, I feel you are driving a hard bargain there. This season I feel 36 will be enough, although it will be some struggle and fight for three maybe four teams to avoid finishing 18th. I have to except that it could be a close run contest, however if Fulham match every team for fighting spirit and work rate our quality and technique should get us over the line above at least three other teams.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 03, 2021, 01:56:08 AM
40 points you reckon, I feel you are driving a hard bargain there. This season I feel 36 will be enough, although it will be some struggle and fight for three maybe four teams to avoid finishing 18th. I have to except that it could be a close run contest, however if Fulham match every team for fighting spirit and work rate our quality and technique should get us over the line above at least three other teams.

If Sheffield United and WBA get a lot of draws against the teams around us, plus we don't give any points away to teams around us, then I'm confident that 36 points will be enough. One team will get seven points for the rest of the season maybe below us, but if that team is above us (eg. Newcastle, Brighton, or Burnley) we should catch them.

filham

I really can't find the courage to look ahead as it isn't looking good for us so I am just taking it game by game.
Spurs tomorrow is unlikely to yield anything for us but then we are playing well as a team so if we could hit a period of in front of goal we could be in for a pleasant surprise.

Jules

I think 35 or 36 points will be enough. I think it's between Brighton, Newcastle and us and we might just sneak up to 17th ahead of Newcastle

Riversider

At the moment our goal difference is worth an extra point,  if we can still say that after the Man City game then I feel we've got a great chance,
In their last 4 games Burnley have failed to beat Fulham,  WBA and a severely weakened Leicester City,  beat them at the Cottage and we've got a great chance.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 03, 2021, 04:30:47 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 03, 2021, 01:56:08 AM

If Sheffield United and WBA get a lot of draws against the teams around us, plus we don't give any points away to teams around us, then I'm confident that 36 points will be enough. One team will get seven points for the rest of the season maybe below us, but if that team is above us (eg. Newcastle, Brighton, or Burnley) we should catch them.

Yes I agree fully with your points, let us hope we can continue our unbeaten run tomorrow in the shape of a victory preferably or failing that a draw.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.