more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday fulham Stuff - 04/03/21...

Started by WhiteJC, March 04, 2021, 12:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Preview: Fulham vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

This is our preview of Fulham vs. Tottenham Hotspur.

You can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2021/3/3/22312342/cottage-talk-preview-fulham-vs-tottenham-hotspur

WhiteJC

Scott Parker: 'We are aware of Gareth Bale's qualities'

Fulham boss Scott Parker knows his team will have their work cut out to shackle "match-winner" Gareth Bale as he prepares to face his former Tottenham team-mate from the dugout at Craven Cottage.

The Welshman, on loan from Real Madrid, rolled back the years with a devastating display in Sunday's 4-0 win over Burnley, scoring twice and making another.

Parker played alongside Bale in his final campaign at Tottenham during 2012-13, when the forward was the standout player in the Premier League before going on to join Los Blancos in a then world-record £85million deal.

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho is ready to unleash Bale again at Craven Cottage on Thursday night, with the 31-year-old looking to continue his resurgence.

Parker has seen just what Bale can do at close quarters, but will be out to limit the impact of Spurs' current marauding frontline.

"Gareth was a match-winner," said former midfielder Parker, who left Spurs to join Fulham in August 2013.

"That season he was scoring goals, winning matches, he was just a fantastic football player which the team revolved around.

"You don't have many players that the team revolve around, but certainly that year for us, it was Gareth.

"When you needed a goal, he was the guy who popped up to win you games. He was fantastic that season."

Fulham have found some stability in recent weeks to give themselves a fighting chance of staying up.

After conceding just one goal in a run of five unbeaten Premier League matches, Parker accepts that new resilience will face the sternest of tests.

"We are playing against probably the best number nine in the world in Harry Kane, then with Son (Heung-min) and Bale, it is a front-half team which is exquisite really," Parker said.

"They are unbelievable players with unbelievable talent, (up) along with the best in the league, with Liverpool and Man City.

"We have done very, very well of late, but defensively we are going to be put to the test on Thursday night, no two ways about it, because of the quality we are coming up against.

"I am relishing it and so are the players. Hopefully we can come out like we have done favourably over the last few games.

"I feel with the way we play on the front foot, trying to attack teams, to score goals, trying to be dominant in the moments, I would like to think we can cause Spurs problems as well."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/news/scott-parker-we-are-aware-of-gareth-bales-qualities_437659.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Where Fulham Can Pick up Points in Remaining 12 Premier League Games

Nine points from their last five games have given Fulham a real chance of Premier League survival. Scott Parker's side are now just three points behind Newcastle United and Brighton & Hove Albion and have a healthier goal difference than the Magpies.

Despite facing a tricky run in, there are still some remaining fixtures that Fulham will feel confident about picking up points in.

Where Fulham Can Pick up Points in the Premier League
Recent Run Shows Signs of Improvement

With 12 games to go, Fulham have given themselves a fighting chance to stay in the Premier League. Having gone five games unbeaten, while picking up points against their rivals, Scott Parker's side are now just three points from safety.

Even before a loss to Leicester City at the start of February, the Cottagers picked up seven draws from nine Premier League games. While their inability to finish some games off has been disappointing, the fact they have managed to grind out results in certain games has been positive. In fact, Fulham have recorded ten draws from their last 15 league games.

Fulham Need to Turn Draws Into Wins

Picking up any kind of points when you're in the relegation zone is vital. However, Fulham need to turn some of the draws into wins. From that same 15 game run, Scott Parker's side have only managed two victories. The fact that one came at Goodison Park against a strong Everton side shows the club still has the fight and desire to keep their top-flight status intact, but they need to build on those results.

Despite their high amount of draws, it does mean the Cottagers have suffered fewer defeats than their rivals. As a result, the goal difference is in a stronger standing than some, with their highest defeat coming in 3-0 losses on two occasions. Fulham have lost just 11 times in the league this season, and only two other sides in the bottom have of the division have lost fewer. That's a promising statistic heading into their final 12 fixtures.

Tough Run to Come in Premier League

Of their final 12 league games, Fulham still have to face all of the Premier League's so-called 'big six.' Scott Parker's side travel to Anfield on Sunday, with home games either side against Tottenham and Manchester City to come.

Mid-table sides Leeds United, Aston Villa, Wolves and Arsenal all follow before a trip to West London rivals Chelsea.

Fulham end the season with a home game against fellow strugglers Burnley and out-of-form Southampton before a visit to Old Trafford. Parker's side end the season with the visit of Newcastle in what could be a winner takes all clash.

While the games against the 'big six' could be free hits, any chances of picking up points in those fixtures will be a welcome boost. On top of that, their fixtures against the lesser sides will define their season and their top-flight status.

It could also come down to individual performances. Ademola Lookman has been a key figure this season and goals from Bobby Reid have been key, while January signing Josh Maja has also impressed. However, the Cottagers will be looking for striker Aleksander Mitrovic to find his scoring boots, having just netted two Premier League goals all season.

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/03/04/where-fulham-pick-up-points/

WhiteJC

'Has been one of Fulham's top players' - Palace boss Hodgson praises Lookman

Manager Roy Hodgson namechecked Ademola Lookman as he spoke about the impact his right-back Joe Ward has had on the Crystal Palace team in recent matches.

The experienced coach agreed that the defender has been the unsung hero, noting that he prevented Lookman and Marcus Rashford from wreaking havoc in the goalless draws against Fulham and Manchester United.

Statistically, Lookman has been Fulham's most decisive player in 2020-2021, contributing to seven of the goals they have scored in the Premier League.

Speaking post-match on Wednesday night, Hodgson replied when asked if Ward was an unsung hero : "Couldn't agree more, he did a great job as well on Sunday.

"Played against two top wingers, Lookman has been one of Fulham's top players and tonight he kept Rashford quiet."

It is all but confirmed that Lookman will play a part when Fulham face Jose Mourinho's Tottenham Hotspur on Thursday evening.

Nigerians have picked Fulham as their second supported team with as many as five Super Eagles-eligible players playing for the first team; Tosin Adarabioyo, Ola Aina, Josh Onomah and Josh Maja being the other players.

Igho Kingsley

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=39144

WhiteJC

Parker keen to keep 'transformed' Loftus-Cheek at Fulham

Scott Parker will do all he can to sign Ruben Loftus-Cheek permanently if Fulham stay up.

The Chelsea loanee has got "better and better" this season according to the Whites head coach.

And while Loftus-Cheek has made it clear he sees his future as being back at Stamford Bridge, Parker hopes to change his mind.

Inevitably it all hinges on whether Fulham are still a Premier League club next season.

"Would I try to sign him permanently? Yes, of course," Parker said.

"Ruben's been a fantastic addition. We've seen him grow immensely from the start of the season until now. He's transformed really.

"At the moment it's just this year for Ruben and we're looking at the next 12 games and where he can get better.

"But certainly, from my side, if there's an opportunity to do it (a permanent move), we'd be more than happy to try and make it happen."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/parker-wants-to-sign-transformed-loftus-cheek-on-permanent-deal-from-chelsea

WhiteJC

Scott Parker says Spurs player is 'incredible' and three teammates are 'exquisite'

Former Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker has paid tribute to their current attack.

Parker's Fulham side will host Spurs at Craven Cottage tonight and naturally, he was asked about their qualities at his pre-match press conference.

Parker picked out Harry Kane and Gareth Bale for special praise, but also had kind words for Son Heung-min and Lucas Moura.

Fulham got a 1-1 draw in the reverse fixture this season, when Kane opened the scoring for Spurs.

"We're playing against probably the best 9 in the world in Harry Kane. He is incredible, the best number nine in the world. Then there's Bale, Son [Heung-min] and players like [Lucas] Moura.

"It's a front half team which is exquisite. Unbelievable players, unbelievable talent. Right there with the best in the league, Liverpool and Manchester City.

A major John Kennedy question
On Bale, he said: "He's a special player. You don't get many players who a team revolves around them."

"They're a very good team but the way we play, on the front foot, attacking and trying to score goals, I'd like to think we can cause them problems as well. I hope that to be the case."

We saw Tottenham's attack unleashed on Sunday against Burnley and it was frightening.

Jose Mourinho needs to do that on a more regular basis if his side are to clamber back into the top four.

Parker will be tasked with setting up a team to stop them tonight, but in the first meeting this season, Spurs sat back on their 1-0 and were eventually punished.

https://www.thefocus.news/football/scott-parker-says-spurs-player-is-incredible-and-three-teammates-are-exquisite/

WhiteJC

Jose's five-point preview - Fulham

Jose Mourinho's exclusive preview as we look ahead to this evening's Premier League clash against Fulham at Craven Cottage (6pm).

1 - Team news

Jose had great news ahead of Burnley that the full squad is training - was that still the case?

Jose: "Gio is not yet ready to play, but definitely training with the team and possibly (available) next week. We've no new injuries, just the normal problems after a Premier League game, nothing major."

2 - Squad gains

With such a tough schedule this season - this is game 43 - how important was it for Jose to have everyone available?

Jose: "We have to look to the games arriving and forget the ones we've already played. Obviously, March is going to be very hard and it's going to end with national team matches, which are completely out of our control. But let's go, step by step, match after match and a week with three Premier League matches is a week with lots of points to play for, both for us and for our opponents, but let's go for this Fulham one."

3 - Fulham

Jose recognised before we played Fulham in January that Scott Parker had tweaked his team's style and it was working. It looks like it's still working with Fulham five unbeaten...

Jose: "They are a good team, good players and they know how to play. They are getting results and they are fighting for a big objective, to get out of the danger zone. It's a difficult match."

4 - 'Everybody fights'

It's often said that it's tougher to take on teams fighting for survival than those at the top of the table at this time of the season. Did Jose go along with that theory?

Jose: "Everybody fights for objectives, different objectives, but objectives. It could be champions, top four, top six, top half of the table, trying to avoid relegation. I would say the Premier League is a league where ethical values are very present, and even when you arrive in the last couple of matches of the season, if a team doesn't need anything, they have their pride and their ethical principles and everybody fights and everybody plays, so it's always difficult."

5 - A good place?

With a run of good performances - if not results – and back-to-back 4-0 wins, it feels like the team is in a good place at the moment. Did Jose agree?

Jose: "We won two matches (Wolfsberger AC, Burnley) and we can say, of course, Wolfsberg is not Premier League level, but to win 4-0 you have to play well. The match before was West Ham, where the feeling was, 'result bad, performance very positive'. I believe we are going in the right direction, but we need to transform that into results."

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2021/march/jose-s-five-point-preview-fulham-away/

WhiteJC

Decision time for Chelsea star as Fulham eye permanent deal

Ruben Loftus-Cheek will face a big decision this summer as he enters an important phase in his career.

The 25-year-old is currently on loan at Fulham but has indicated that he will return to Chelsea this summer to fight for his place.

Loftus-Cheek is contracted to the Blues until 2024, and his chances of forcing his way into their starting XI appear remote.

The midfielder has performed well for Fulham, and manager Scott Parker has confirmed that we would love to make the move permanent.

During his press conference for Fulham's Premier League game against Tottenham Hotspur on Thursday, Parker praised the impact Loftus-Cheek has made.

"Ruben has been a fantastic addition," he said. "I've seen someone grow immensely from the start of the season to a person and player now who has transformed. He's grown massively and been a massive help for us.

"At the moment, it's just about this year for Ruben – focus on the next ten games and where he can still get better. But, in the end, if there's an opportunity to get it done, I'd be more than happy to."

SL View
Parker's hopes of signing Loftus-Cheek would be ended if Fulham are relegated back to the Championship at the end of the season.

However, if they manage to beat the drop, Loftus-Cheek would have a major decision to make this summer.

His hopes of becoming a regular at Chelsea appear remote, and playing a bit-part role would be a waste of his talent.

Loftus-Cheek is no longer a youngster, and securing a permanent deal with a club where he would be valued makes perfect sense.

While a move to another 'Big Six' club is unlikely, Loftus-Cheek still has enough time to become a key player elsewhere.

https://sportslens.com/chelsea-fulham-loftus-cheek-transfer/337999/

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon Quietly Shining For Hoffenheim In Germany As Tottenham Face Fulham

It's May 20, 2000 and in north London, Chelsea captain Dennis Wise is lifting the FA Cup after beating Aston Villa 1-0 at the old Wembley. Down in the south west of the capital, in Roehampton, Ryan Sessegnon is just two days old.

Signing for Fulham at the age of nine with twin brother Steven, he started out as a striker but soon moved to left-back, making his debut against Leyton Orient in the League Cup aged just 16. Eleven days later Sessegnon scored his first professional goal against Cardiff to become the first professional born in the 2000s to score a first-team goal in English football. He was also the youngest player to score in a Championship match.

The youngster made 30 appearances in all competitions that season before playing every single league fixture as Fulham earned promotion to the Premier League in 2018. Bombing up and down the wing, he scored 15 goals. Sessegnon was ready to play at the highest level.

Now 18, he made 35 Premier League appearances during the 2018/19 campaign, finding the net twice. Sadly for the Cottagers, they were relegated but as it proved, Sessegnon would not be going down with them instead signing for Tottenham for a fee of £25m and penning a five-year deal.

However, as Spurs travel to Craven Cottage to take on Fulham on Thursday night nearly two years on, there is no mention of Ryan Sessegnon returning to his former club. It's fair to say, he's probably fallen off the radar of many football followers in fact. Making just two appearances for Mauricio Pochettino, he made only ten more for Jose Mourinho last season and only five of those were in the top-flight and little mention of his name has been made since, really.

So, just where is Ryan Sessegnon? Well, Jadon Sancho may be the Englishman making all the headlines over in Germany right now having notched 50 assists in the Bundesliga but Sessegnon too is diligently making a name for himself over there too.

On loan at Hoffenheim, he's made 19 appearances this season and came off the bench in Sunday's 1-1 draw ay Hoffenheim. Sessegnon has scored twice - an equaliser in a 3-3 draw with Stuttgart and an 86th minute winner at Borussia Monchengladbach and has made a big impact at the Rhein-Neckar-Arena too, scooping the fans' Player of the Month award for November.

"On the pitch from what I've shown, yeah," Sessegnon told Bundesliga.com in February when asked does he feel he has improved at Hoffenheim. "My defensive side of the game in terms of one-on-one duels you can see where I've improved. But again, there is still more where I can improve as well like aerial duels, my tactical positioning as well.

"And being a bit more vocal off the pitch as well. I'm kind of a quiet person off the pitch really. I keep myself to myself. But I try to interact a bit more and I think since I've been here, I've definitely improved in that way as well."

Not one to make noise or hog the limelight, one would guess Sessegnon is happy performing away from the media's glare in the English capital.

Having previously cited Luke Shaw and Gareth Bale as players he admired, the latter arrived in north London when he left for Germany, Sessegnon has been studying players in Germany as he looks to develop and said, "I like to watch Alphonso Davies and Angelino, two very good players, two very attack-minded full-backs/wing-backs. We've got similar traits and similar strengths and things like that. Of course, I can always learn from other players and those are two players I like watching very much."

The modern game is made for a player like Ryan Sessegnon, always developing defensively but able to gallop forward from left wing-back too. Could Germany be his home beyond this season to hone his talents? Perhaps not. With Danny Rose's time at Tottenham at an end, Sessegnon could return to battle Ben Davies for a spot at left-back next season though that will be down to Jose Mourinho.

Either way, Sessegnon still has a bright future. He won't be present when his former team host his parent club this week, and his name hasn't made as many headlines as years gone by but that's not to say he isn't doing the business elsewhere.

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/ryan-sessegnon-quietly-shining-for-hoffenheim-in-germany-as-tottenham-face-fulham

WhiteJC

Mitrovic given personal training plan by Fulham

Aleksandar Mitrovic has been given his own training programme to bring him up to full fitness.

The Fulham striker was laid low with coronavirus in early February and missed three games in a row.

He came on as a substitute in the 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace on Sunday after 73 minutes, but looked match-rusty.

In fact, the Serbian international last played a full 90 minutes in the 2-0 home defeat by Leicester a month ago.

Head coach Scott Parker says he and his backroom team are doing all they can to bring him up to speed for the last 12 games, starting with the visit of Spurs.

Parker said: "He's training with us now and that's a process that's in place, we're looking at (his) workloads and where he is.

"When players come out with the virus, you're very conscious of the work load you put on them, and you have to monitor that.

"We programme players weekly, monthly, and that's a constant. So of course, Mitro is on that one too."

Parker celebrated two years at the Fulham helm this week and says the most important thing he's learned is to stay "rational" whether things are going right or wrong.

He added: "It's so much easier being a player.

"You get in your car at the end of a training session and don't have to think about anything until tomorrow.

"As a manager, you're having to manage 25-26 year-olds all with different egos and personalities, and it takes so much more."

Meanwhile, Parker says Fulham will attempt to sign Ruben Loftus-Cheek on a permanent deal if the club stay in the Premier League.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/mitrovic-given-personal-training-plan-by-fulham

WhiteJC

Spurs handed fitness boost ahead of Fulham clash

Tottenham have been handed a fitness boost ahead of their clash with Fulham in the Premier League on Thursday.

Besides Giovani Lo Celso, Jose Mourinho has a fully fit squad to choose from with the boss confirming this week that despite the pile-up of games, Gareth Bale would be fit to play a part this week.

When asked if he was able to feature, Mourinho told reporters in his pre-match press conference: "I believe so. Start the game, being on the bench, I don't know."

"We have to decide. He's such an experienced guy that of course his opinion is very important. But good reaction, good recovery sessions. He will be involved. I repeat, bench or starting, but he will be there."

This should be music to the ears of Spurs supporters and indeed the manager too.

Bale hasn't had an easy start to his second spell in north London. He's only started three Premier League games for instance.

However, he has shown over the last few weeks that he is slowly rediscovering his best form. Because of that, news that his fitness is up to scratch as they prepare to welcome Fulham is game-changing.

Bale scored a sumptuous strike during the 4-0 win over Burnley last time out. It was shades of the old Welshman as he cut inside and then curled a delightful effort past the goalkeeper. That wasn't his only involvement in the match, however, as he netted twice and also claimed an assist.

In his last four outings, the 31-year-old has scored four goals and also registered three assists for his teammates. The forward is beginning to play a lot more football now and his involvement will be key to determining the outcome this evening.

Mourinho should be delightful that he can finally rely on the Welshman to play a consistent part in the starting XI. His form of late has been utterly devastating.

That and his improved fitness is surely a major boost to Tottenham's chances of pushing for a place in the Champions League.

https://www.footballfancast.com/tottenham-hotspur-news/spurs-gareth-bale-jose-mourinho-injury-news-team-news-preview-reaction

WhiteJC

Newcastle Relegation Would Have Catastrophic Consequences

Sitting 17th and three points away from the relegation zone, Newcastle United may be left pondering the possibility of Championship football once more next season. A club as big as Newcastle shouldn't even need to think about the dropzone. Yet, here they are for the third time since 2009- this time under Steve Bruce, an appointment many were quick to oppose.

The previous two relegations were almost expected; the squads were not up to scratch, and financial investment was not made. This time, however, should they suffer the dreaded drop, they can have no excuses.

Mike Ashley, for once, did his part through investment. In came Callum Wilson, in came Ryan Fraser and in came Jamal Lewis to all add to a squad already stacked with Allan Saint-Maximin and Miguel Almiron. It is the investment Rafa Benitez was often crying out for but did not receive.

Yet, instead of handing a Champions League winner the money to splash, he gave it to new man Steve Bruce. And now, he is paying the price. Newcastle have a squad good enough for mid-table but a manager more suited for a relegation scrap.

And as the injuries mount up and the pressure rises, a relegation scrap could soon see Newcastle suffer the drop once more.

Newcastle Relegation: An Increasingly Likely Reality
Fulham Revival Coming at the Worst Time for Newcastle

Heading into the new year, the bottom three looked certain for relegation. But, now, with 12 games to go, Fulham's recent revival has left many questioning their survival chances. And, as the questions begin to mount, the last thing you need is a growing injury list.

Yet, that is what Newcastle are contending with. First, it was Wilson- the man providing the goals for the Magpies- who suffered. Then, to follow on from that, Saint-Maximin and Almiron followed suit to strip the Newcastle attack bare to leave Steve Bruce's side as vulnerable as ever.

The point is, however, at this stage of the season, Newcastle should be nowhere near a relegation scrap. But, here they are after a summer when many believed progression had been made. Perhaps under Benitez, it would have. If Benitez was handed the money to spend, Newcastle could be in the comforts of mid-table and not the insufferable position they find themselves in.

Just look at Aston Villa, for example, Dean Smith was handed the chance to invest in the summer. And, he proved he was the right man for the job. Not only did he assemble a squad good enough for European qualification, but he also helped guide that newfound squad from the depths of relegation contenders to 7-2 victors against Liverpool.

Villa are living proof that, under the right manager, the investment can reap the rewards. Hand the funds to the wrong man, however, and you'll find yourselves in a relegation scrap- no matter the summer arrivals.

The Newcastle Relegation Run in

At this stage in the season, with their attack stripped bare through injuries, Newcastle cannot afford to drop needless points- starting with Sunday's game against West Brom. Whilst Fulham travel to Liverpool, Newcastle must take advantage to potentially extend the gap to six points.

Should they do that, then the safety net will grow to a comfortable length for all those involved. If they carry on with the needlessly dropped points, however, Fulham will take advantage. Scott Parker has built a side ready to survive through good football.

For some time, that side was on the verge of producing the end product. Now, with Ademola Lookman and Josh Maja providing the goals, they may have solved their goalscoring problems.

From a neutrals perspective, the ideal scenario is that the relegation fight between both Newcastle and Fulham reaches the breaking point as the season comes to a close.

Should the three-point gap remain until the final day, Fulham will have the chance to survive by beating Newcastle in front of a percentage of fans at Craven Cottage. It is a scenario Newcastle will be desperate to avoid, but, based on current form, it is a reality they may be forced to confront in their bid to avoid relegation.

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/03/04/newcastle-relegation-consequences/

WhiteJC

Jerome Opoku injury update ahead of Plymouth Argyle's Doncaster Rovers trip

The Pilgrims will be without Sam Woods as he starts a three-match suspension

Argyle defender Jerome Opoku battles for the ball with Peterborough striker Jonson Clarke-Harris during the League One game at Home Park on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 - Photo: Dave Rowntree/PPAUK (Image: Dave Rowntree/PPAUK)

Jerome Opoku will be given the best possible chance to be passed fit for Plymouth Argyle's away League One game against Doncaster Rovers on Saturday, manager Ryan Lowe has declared.

The on-loan Fulham defender was ruled out of the 2-0 defeat at Northampton Town by an ankle injury.

Opoku was replaced in the side by Sam Woods but he was sent-off in second half stoppage time.

The 22-year-old loan signing from Crystal Palace must now serve a three-match suspension, starting against Doncaster.

Opoku rolled an ankle during the 4-3 victory over Lincoln City at Home Park last Saturday and was substituted in the second half.

His recovery is being dealt with by Argyle physio Dave Galley and John Lucas, the club's head of fitness and conditioning.

Lowe said: "He's fine, he's just doing a little bit more work with Dave and John and we will see where we are at with him.

"We are hoping he's going to be alright. We can't make no rash decisions as yet.

"We have got a good enough squad to deal with it. We have got certain players that can move around.

"What we will do is we will make sure Jerome is 100 per cent before we decide on anything."

Lowe has ruled out the possibility of 35-year-old club captain Gary Sawyer being part of the squad against Doncaster.

Sawyer had an ankle operation after suffering an ankle injury in September and has not played since then.

"He's training but he's a way off," said Lowe. "Gaz has been out for a long time hasn't he?

"If I said to Gaz 'Come on, you are travelling' he would be over the moon. He would be first there, but I can't do it to him.

"We have got enough around the squad who we feel can do a job if needed.

"We are not going to throw Gaz in at the deep end, there is no chance. If it was longer or something happened I couldn't live with myself so we are not going to do that.

"To be fair to Gaz we are getting the right rehabilitation that he deserves."

Tyrese Fornah, who has played most of this season a midfield holding role while on loan from Nottingham Forest, is an option to move into central defence if needed.

Lowe said: "Definitely, yeah, because he plays as a centre-back type now. I think he has got the vision to do that job if called upon.

"We have got young Ollie Tomlinson as well who has been fantastic around the group.

"I'm brave in my selections and what I try and do, and if I have to make a decision to do something that is a bit different I will do it.

"Look, we will give Jerome the best possible chance and then we will take it from there.

"I feel we have got enough for someone to slot in that middle of the three or, who knows, we could go into a four? There are loads of way to go if Jerome is not fit."

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/opoku-injury-update-argyle-doncaster-5070508

WhiteJC

Tottenham's predicted XI vs Fulham

Tottenham face Fulham on Thursday evening in what is likely to be a tough game at Craven Cottage.

Spurs looked back to their best against Burnley at the weekend as they dismantles Sean Dyche's side, and while Fulham sit 18th in the table, Spurs will have to put in another quality performance to get anything here.

Indeed, the relegation candidates may be low in the table, but they've lost just one of their last eight games, keeping five clean sheets during that time.

If Spurs are to win here, then Jose Mourinho will have to get his team selection spot on, and with that in mind, we've had a go at predicting Tottenham's starting XI for this one.

It's not exciting or outlandish by any stretch, but we think Spurs will go unchanged for this one.

The old adage is 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' and we can't see any reason why Jose Mourinho would change a side that won 4-0 at the weekend.

The squad don't have any fresh injury concerns, so there are no enforced changes here either.

Of course, there would be the temptation to rotate amid a busy schedule, but due to their recent good form, Fulham may pose a greater threat than Crystal Palace at the weekend.

Dele Alli may feel slightly aggrieved to miss out after his good performance off the bench against Burnley, but Lucas Moura retains his spot in attacking midfield.

Meanwhile, Gareth Bale continues his run of starts after netting twice last week.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/04/tottenhams-predicted-xi-vs-fulham-2/

WhiteJC

Fulham can get a result against Mourinho's Tottenham Hotspur, insists Aina

The Nigeria international is positive about his side's chances when they square up against the Londoners on Thursday evening

Ola Aina believes Fulham can get the much-needed result when the Cottagers take on Tottenham Hotspur in Thursday's Premier League fixture.

Unbeaten in their last five games, Scott Parker's men take on Jose Mourinho's men who still nurse the ambition of earning a Champions League spot despite losing five of their last seven English topflight games.

Victory for Fulham at the Craven Cottage would take them off the relegation zone. And the 24-year-old wing-back is upbeat that his side can return unscathed if they 'play well'.

"They're a good team," Aina told FFCtv. "We've done our homework and we go into the game with confidence.

"We know that if we play well and stick to our guns then we can hopefully get a result.

"Last time [we played Spurs] the game was really rushed but we still managed to put in a performance, so now the game isn't rushed, and everyone has had time to prepare, it should be a really good game.

"It's going to be a challenge for them as well as we've shown over the past few weeks and months that we're a good side, and a team to be reckoned with."

Echoing this optimism is manager Parker who stated that previous results against Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool and Spurs would boost their confidence.

"It is an unpredictable season and there's been some crazy results. I think we can get results. I firmly believe we can give anyone a game," the Englishman said.

"The previous results against Spurs and Liverpool give us confidence. The form table gives me confidence in my team.

"Spurs at any given moment can be out of form but they can come straight back into it.

"I had a conversation with Jose back in December, we've been given enough time to prepare for this one so we're all good!"

After their tie against Spurs, Fulham travel to the Anfield Stadium to try the Reds for size before hosting Pep Guardiola's Manchester City.

Since joining the Premier League side from Serie A's Torino on loan, Aina has been a constant figure in Parker's squad – featuring in 22 league games with two goals to his credit.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/fulham-can-get-a-result-against-mourinhos-tottenham-hotspur/xezdxvrlap3j1rqltxjsockh6

WhiteJC

Video: Two Spurs academy players spotted training with first-team ahead of Fulham test

Alfie Devine and Dennis Cirkin were both spotted training with the Tottenham first-team in the training footage released by the club yesterday morning.

Cirkin is yet to make his senior bow but reports indicate that the left-back is rated very highly by Jose Mourinho and his coaching staff.

Scarlett was handed his first-team debut by Jose Mourinho in Tottenham's 5-0 FA Cup win against  Marine in January, with the midfielder coming on as a substitute and getting on the scoresheet.

The 16-year-old also found the back of the net in training with a neat turn and finish after being picked out by Dele Alli.

Spurs fans will also be delighted to see Giovani Lo Celso throwing himself about during the small-sided game after recovering from his injury.

Spurs Web Opinion

If not for injury set backs, I believe Cirkin would have got a couple of senior appearances under his belt in the Europa League this season. I would expect the 18-year-old to be loaned out next season if Mourinho does not think he is ready to be part of the first-team.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/video-two-spurs-academy-players-spotted-training-with-first-team-ahead-of-fulham-test/

WhiteJC

Exclusive: Mabbutt hails Parker's work at Fulham but calls on Spurs to win

In an exclusive interview with Football FanCast, former Tottenham Hotspur captain Gary Mabbutt has hailed the job being done by ex-Spurs coach Scott Parker at Fulham, but maintains that Jose Mourinho's side must beat them on Thursday.

The Cottagers are fighting for their lives at the bottom of the Premier League table and lie 18th ahead of a meeting with Mourinho's men in midweek.

Fulham have actually been in fine form in recent weeks, particularly given their spot in the table.

They have not lost any of their last five games, drawing with West Ham United, Crystal Palace, and Burnley, and beating Everton and Sheffield United.

Those results have moved the club within three points of Newcastle United in 17th and given them a genuine chance of survival, and Mabbutt has been impressed with the job Parker is doing.

Of course, with Spurs struggling for form, they have only taken six points from the last five games, compared to Fulham's nine.

The ex-midfielder spent two years at Spurs between 2011 and 2013 and went on to coach the club's Under-18 team before his move to Craven Cottage.

Speaking exclusively to Football FanCast, Mabbutt said: "Scott's job is clear, it's to keep Fulham in the Premier League. Scott's a great lad. I know him well from his time at Spurs, and he was on the coaching staff at Spurs. Fantastic lad. Great character.

"He's working hard at Fulham to try to get the best out of them. As far as the results have gone, I think in the last five games, they've got more points than Spurs have, which is a quite incredible stat. But they have."

Mabbutt is clear, though, that there can be no sympathy shown for Parker or Fulham on Thursday when the two teams meet.

He has told Spurs that it is a must-win game as they look to claw their way back into the race to qualify for the Champions League, and has pointed to Fulham's woes at home – they have lost seven games at home this season.

He added: "He's got to keep building on that. You know, they've thrown away some silly points, made some silly mistakes, but as far as we're concerned, this is a game we have to win. Fulham are fighting for their lives the bottom of the table.

"Quite amazingly, they've only lost four away from home and they've lost seven at home. So their home form is obviously a real problem for them. And we want to make sure that we realise that."

https://www.footballfancast.com/fulham-fc-news/exclusive-mabbutt-hails-scott-parker-fulham-manager-tottenham-clash-premier-league-e39

WhiteJC

Tottenham vs Fulham lineups: Predicted starting XI, confirmed team news, injury latest today

Jose Mourinho will be unwilling to tinker too much for tonight's trip to Fulham after his Tottenham side returned to form with a bang against Burnley.

Nonetheless, the Spurs boss is conscious of the need to rotate in the next few days, with another match against Crystal Palace on Sunday before the Europa League resumes next week.

Mourinho has already said he cannot play Gareth Bale in all of the next three matches, despite his brilliant brace against the Clarets, but the Wales forward could keep his place at Craven Cottage to allow him to continue to build momentum.

Toby Alderweireld is unlikely to be asked to start three times in a week and could therefore drop out, with Eric Dier coming in at centre-half.

Dele Alli is pushing for a first League start since the opening day of the season but Mourinho is unlikely to want to do without Lucas Moura, who has scored in back to back matches and rarely needs a rest.

Matt Doherty and Ben Davies may also be in contention to come in at full-back, particularly if Mourinho believes Sergio Reguilon and Serge Aurier are best saved for the threat of Wilfred Zaha and Co. at the weekend.

Giovani Lo Celso is Spurs' only absentee as he continues to work his way back from a hamstring problem.

Fulham remain without Tom Cairney as they look to continue their steady form, but the Cottagers are winless in their last 21 Premier League London derbies.

Back-up goalkeeper Marek Rodak is also out with a finger problem, meaning veteran Spaniard Fabri will provide cover for Alphonse Areola on the bench.

Forward Aleksandar Mitrovic could come back into contention for a start, having been a substitute against Crystal Palace after recovering from Covid-19.

POOL/AFP via Getty Images

Fulham vs Tottenham predicted lineups

Tottenham (4-2-3-1): Lloris; Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Reguilon; Hojbjerg, Ndombele; Bale, Lucas, Son; Kane

Fulham (4-2-3-1): Areola; Tete, Andersen, Tosin, Aina; Reed, Zambo Anguissa; De Cordova-Reid, Loftus-Cheek, Lookman; Maja

Venue: Craven Cottage, Thursday 4 March, 18.00, BT Sport

Fulham squad from: Areola, Tete, Andersen, Adarabioyo, Aina, Loftus-Cheek, Reed, Zambo, Decordova-Reid, Lookman, Maja, Fabri, Ream, Bryan, Kongolo, Robinson, Lemina, Onomah, Mitrovic Cavaleiro.

Spurs squad from: Lloris, Hart, Whiteman, Aurier, Doherty, Tanganga, Reguilon, Davies, Rodon, Alderweireld, Dier, Sanchez, Hojbjerg, Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Dele, Lucas, Lamela, Son, Bale, Kane, Vinicius, Scarlett.

Referee: David Coote

Last meeting: Spurs 1-1 Fulham

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-vs-fulham-lineups-predicted-xi-confirmed-team-news-injury-latest-today-premier-league-b922020.html

WhiteJC

Scott Parker makes Tottenham, Man City and Liverpool claim as he responds to Roy Keane comments

Scott Parker has hailed Jose Mourinho's Tottenham side ahead of this evening's match between the sides at Craven Cottage

Tottenham fans will have their fingers crossed that Jose Mourinho once again unleashes his dream front three when the side return to Premier League action at Fulham this evening.

Demolishing Burnley 4-0 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Sunday afternoon, Gareth Bale, Son Heung-min and Harry Kane had a big say on the outcome of the game after shining against the Clarets.

Bale was the man who stole all the headlines following his double in the win and all eyes will be on him once again providing he starts at Craven Cottage.

Prior to the win over Burnley, Roy Keane, speaking on Sky Sports, pulled no punches in his assessment of Mourinho's team by labelling them as 'average' during a heated row with fellow pundit Jamie Redknapp.

Those comments were put to Fulham boss Scott Parker ahead of the game, with the ex-Spurs man having his say on the situation and also Tottenham's dream attack.

"We're going against an attacking three that you could argue are the best in the league, you aren't putting them far behind the Man City and Liverpool front threes," he told BT Sport.

"I wouldn't call them an 'average team' – no way! They're a top side that have an array of talent and we all understand the challenge we face but the main focus has been on us and trying to nullify them, while also trying to exploit where we can."

Joining Chelsea in January 2004 after a successful time at Charlton Athletic, Parker did work under Mourinho for a short time at Stamford Bridge before linking up with Newcastle for the 2005/06 campaign.

Although he may not have played much under the Portuguese boss, he did pick up plenty from the head coach that he has used in his management career so far.

"When Jose first came I'd been around Alan Curbishley and that sort of manager and what Jose brought to the Premier League was new to us all," he added.

"In terms of things I've taken specifically from him, his training organisation. The thing that jumped out at me was the organisation of the session and how it flowed.

"When I was under him I didn't play a lot and I wasn't around a lot, I was there for another year or so and then left.

"So it's more than I've watched his career after that from a distance, in terms of what he wanted and how he went about it – the demands he asked of his players and how he came across. But my short time with him was excellent."

BT Sport 1 will show Fulham v Spurs from 5:30pm tonight.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/fixtures-results/tottenham-roy-keane-parker-liverpool-19966122

WhiteJC

Tottenham Hotspur: Jose Mourinho confirms team news with Giovani Lo Celso set to miss Fulham

Speaking to football.london, Jose Mourinho has confirmed that Tottenham Hotspur ace Giovani Lo Celso will miss tonight's Premier League clash away to Fulham – with the Lilywhites boss refusing to take any risks after the Argentine was out for a long period.

Lo Celso, who has just recently returned to first team training, suffered a 'big injury' in the loss to Leicester City back in December – which kept him out of action for months.

Jose Mourinho confirms Tottenham team news

Nearing a possible return, the 24-year-old could be back in action for Tottenham in the next fortnight, but definitely not this evening as manager Mourinho claims it is still too soon.

"It's still the case," explained the Tottenham manager when asked if Lo Celso is still out.

"Training with the team but was a big injury. We are not going to risk yet. In fact we don't want to risk, we want to bring him to the team and to competition when there is no risk.

"So one more week, two more weeks. Apart from that, everybody ok. One more training session this afternoon, but we think ok."

Transfer Tavern take

As Tottenham aim to keep up the chase for a European spot in what could be a crucial few weeks for Mourinho and his future, taking no risks with the playmaker is arguably a smart move.

Lo Celso will be needed for the final stretch of Premier League games, and Tottenham may have enough quality to get the job done tonight without him, especially with Gareth Bale in flying form.

Described as a player who can be 'amazing' at his best by the Lilywhites boss, his involvement during the final stretch could prove crucial in securing one of those valuable European spots.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/tottenham-hotspur-news/tottenham-hotspur-jose-mourinho-confirms-team-news-with-giovani-lo-celso-set-to-miss-fulham/