more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker keen to keep RLC on a perm contract

Started by Sammyffc, March 04, 2021, 11:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Post match comments

' Ruben has been a fantastic addition. I've seen someone grow immensely from the start of the season to a person and player now who has transformed. Hes grown massively and has been a massive help for us. At the moment its just about this year for Ruben, focus on the next 10 games and where he can still get better.But at the end if theres an opportunity to get it done ( to keep him perm ) id be more than happy to '

ChesterTheTabby

If he could score a goddamn goal I would most certainly keep him, but he isn't even a goal threat.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Steeeeeeeeeed

For the first time since he arrivedI thought he had a pretty good game tonight. He has gradually improved since he came here, and was well below par at first, but if he keeps improving at this rate he may well have a big say in whether we stay up.

I would have him over Cairney now for sure.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on March 05, 2021, 12:14:08 AM
For the first time since he arrivedI thought he had a pretty good game tonight. He has gradually improved since he came here, and was well below par at first, but if he keeps improving at this rate he may well have a big say in whether we stay up.

I would have him over Cairney now for sure.

He is a much more physical and athletic player... Cairney has more technical skill. If RLC could hit the back of the net even 3 times a season he'd be alright... but his final product is dire.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Willham

Even if he wins us 2 matches a season thatd be enough from him

love4ffc

I could have started a new thread but I'm just going to drop this in here:

The role that RLC is supposed to be playing – IMHO

I think I understand why Parker insist on playing RLC as the number 10.  He is big and he is strong but that is where it ends.  At least in my eyes. 

This current team is crying out for that midfielder who is strong on the ball, can help create chances and can actually finish and lend to scoring goals.  While RCL on occasion shows that he can dribble though and past several players that is where it seems to end.  I have seen him several times carry the ball and take a touch to many when he could have easily passed off the ball or put it through for other Fulham players.  Instead, his dribbles usually amount to either nothing or him taking a shot that amounts to nothing.  Personally thought RLC went missing for large parts of tonight's match. 

While I heard a great line on a pod tonight that Harrison Reed has become Sidwell 2.0, which I agree with, RCL just hasn't become that Danny Murphy 2.0 that is desperately needed.  Now, I'm hearing from a couple of places that Parker wants to keep him and make him a permanent.  That just leaves me speechless. 

Again, I understand that Parker thinks that RLC as a number 10is the key to unlocking the midfield for Fulham but I just don't see it. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

FFC In Oz

The only thing he does is win free kicks.

Once he gets in to the final third he forgets how to strike a ball.

grandad

Not only can´t hit a barn door, he can´t even hit the barn.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

About as good an acquisition as Knocks and at least as expensive. It's a no from me.

filham

Agree with all of the above but RLC is the best we have for that role just now, It will be interesting to see what happens when Cairney is fit as RLC's role would seem to be to only one open to him.

Chelsea will be asking an arm and a leg for RLC at the end of the season, think we should walk away.

Stevieboy

Unless he takes a drop in wages I can't see anyone outside the top 6 being able to afford him, let alone need him.

blingo

Quote from: Sammyffc on March 04, 2021, 11:23:15 PM
Post match comments

' Ruben has been a fantastic addition. I've seen someone grow immensely from the start of the season to a person and player now who has transformed. Hes grown massively and has been a massive help for us. At the moment its just about this year for Ruben, focus on the next 10 games and where he can still get better.But at the end if theres an opportunity to get it done ( to keep him perm ) id be more than happy to '

Sorry Scott, RLC is a chelsea player, he makes no secret of it the he is just using us to regain his form and tbh its not working. Chelsea can keep RLC and keep paying his 150k pw. If it was down to Blingo, he would have been sent back ages ago. Contributes nothing. Does'nt make or score goals, so what is he actually here for?

youcancallmeal

One goal and no assists so far this season

bog

I would rather swap RLC for Billy Gilmore.  :54:

092.gif

Ronnief

No matter what division we play in next season would you honestly pay £20 million + and 150 thousand a week for RLC based on his performances over the last 2 seasons. He is a strong midfield player but at the present time is very ineffective at producing goals either as a goal scorer or as an assist maker. I thought as a youngster he was outstanding but was that because of his physique? He rarely effectively heads the ball, is nowhere noticeable at free kicks. As a so called skilled midfielder should he be taking free kicks instead of "less skilled" players. It's wishful thinking that he will improve for us or Chelsea so should we be developing one of our own?

abfg

RLC is a look good loser. Does enough to show his ability, but has basically no effect in any game. Would be a thoroughly foolish signing on a permanent. Only hope would be if he could do an Anguissa and come good. But still, it's a high wage risk on a poorly performing player.

Lambo

1 assist and 1 goal all season, what an incredible addition he has been. 

Steeeeeeeeeed

Didn't know he was on £150k a week. Blimey that's ridiculous.

ALG01

I cannoit believe that is true. Rubens is awful. He had 10 good minutes then disappeared yesterday. We looked so much better after he left the pitch. playing with 11 players is such a benifit rather than 10 and a passenger.

blingo

Quote from: bog on March 05, 2021, 11:30:46 AM
I would rather swap RLC for Billy Gilmore.  :54:

092.gif

I'd swop him for a book of green shield stamps