watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goal Line Tech

Started by ChesterTheTabby, March 06, 2021, 03:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

VAR needs to be scrapped and only used to see if a ball crosses the goal line, that's it.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ALG01

I think VAR would be OK if they allowed a little common sense and made the rules themselves more simple.

They have forgotten why some of the rules were introduced. offside was to stop golahanging and handball was never intended to be given if obviously accidental or unavoidable

fouls now do not allow for 50.50 challenges and forwads being chased, if they change direction win a foul if they cause contact.. if it was a driving offence then changing lane would make them the guilty party. The game has gone backward very fast in terms of being a s[pectacle but I am not sure VAR is the only reason.

We didn't even get a corner after the penalty check the other noght and that shows it is not VAR but the moronic use of it.

Woolly Mammoth

VAR is damaging football in the same way The Charge of the Light Brigade damaged Army Recruitment.
VAR is the Haemorrhoids of Football.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

abfg

VAR isn't the problem for me, it's the silly rules. Offside and handball can easily be clarified, and then we can have 100% correct factual decisions. WHat we need to do to is get a handle on the 'gamesmanship', any contatc is a foul, forwards 'buying' free kicks and the endless sitting on the floor dleaying play. All very easy to fx, and all doable with VAR to help if applied properly.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ALG01 on March 06, 2021, 03:36:31 PM
I think VAR would be OK if they allowed a little common sense and made the rules themselves more simple.

They have forgotten why some of the rules were introduced. offside was to stop golahanging and handball was never intended to be given if obviously accidental or unavoidable

fouls now do not allow for 50.50 challenges and forwads being chased, if they change direction win a foul if they cause contact.. if it was a driving offence then changing lane would make them the guilty party. The game has gone backward very fast in terms of being a s[pectacle but I am not sure VAR is the only reason.

We didn't even get a corner after the penalty check the other noght and that shows it is not VAR but the moronic use of it.

Fully agree with the spirit of this post, even if I don't agree with all details. VAR is not the problem in most cases. The rules are.

andyk

Maybe we could get rid of the eternal goal kick. 
Every goal kick seems to take a minute from the ball going dead to play starting 
Give the ref power to award an indirect free kick to the opposition, if the goalie takes more than 20 seconds to get the ball back into play.  And the same for throw ins.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: andyk on March 07, 2021, 12:42:39 AM
Maybe we could get rid of the eternal goal kick. 
Every goal kick seems to take a minute from the ball going dead to play starting 
Give the ref power to award an indirect free kick to the opposition, if the goalie takes more than 20 seconds to get the ball back into play.  And the same for throw ins.

In this vein, whatever happened to the "6 second rule" for goalkeepers to get rid of the ball?

Numerous times a weekend I'll see keepers take 20-25 seconds with no fear of any repercussions