watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I genuinely think we aren't going down *POSITIVE THREAD WARNING*

Started by Black, White and Fred, March 06, 2021, 04:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black, White and Fred

The only team in the whole league who I don't see us having the ability to get anything from is City, who as it stands are running away with league. Nothing to be ashamed about there. If we could get a bit sharper in front of goal I don't think it will even come down to the last day at Newcastle. Get your plus 1 emojis out! :54:
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

filham

Wish I could find a way to see how we are going to avoid the drop, doesn't matter who we are playing we cannot score goals.
All teams must be aware that if they can sneak a goal against us they can then quite easily shut us out for the rest of the match. All teams , except perhaps Man City are going to shut up shop against us  and prevent us scoring.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: filham on March 06, 2021, 04:28:32 PM
Wish I could find a way to see how we are going to avoid the drop, doesn't matter who we are playing we cannot score goals.
All teams must be aware that if they can sneak a goal against us they can then quite easily shut us out for the rest of the match. All teams , except perhaps Man City are going to shut up shop against us  and prevent us scoring.

+1

We aren't scoring enough goals to stay up.

Midfielders don't score goals, defenders don't score goals, even the forwards barely score.

A solid defence can only help if you can put the ball in the net at the other end.

SuffolkWhite

Still openminded to staying up, one game at a time. Still close and this will go to the final game of the season. Every chance of staying up.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FFC1987

I think we're at the point now where we absolutely need to win games against the likes of Liverpool. Which should tell you how precarious the situation is. We could find ourselves going into that game 6 points adrift and if we lose to Liverpool which is statistically likely, we're potentially 6 points+ behind with City to play. It's a horrible situation we find ourselves in but completely self inflicted. Too many draws, poor organisation from the club to start the season, bringing in no goal scorer at start of season, even as a backup competitor to Mitro. I'm sure we'll hear the same talking points about how much we've learnt but we still need individuals to put their hands up and admit it wasn't good enough.

I think we're down but I'm not annoyed about it really. I thought before the season started as long as we gave it a good go, that's all you can ask for and this team certainly has. It's just mightily disappointing not taking the opportunities given to us to stay up though. Silly sending offs, missed penalties, missed chances, and the list continues. But the same story has lingered way too often. 'We should of won that game' will ultimately turn into 'we were unlucky to not stay up' when the actuality is, we weren't good enough to.

WindyCity

I admire the TO's optimism.  But sadly, chances for survival in this league were lost during the first 8-9 games in the season.  Yes, I still hold out hope for surviving, haven't totally given up just yet.  But it sure doesn't look good.  FFC has formed a nice solid defense.  Just isn't clinical enough in the final third.  Still keeping fingers crossed (for a miracle)...........

Nero

until we start playing the ball to people on the move instead of stood still we are going down as we don't create any clear cut chances and will have a wall of defenders in front of us

The Old Count

You need a bit of luck to stay in this division when you are promoted late with little time to prepare in a shortened season. And we just haven't had our share.  Even though we're playing well, unless we have a bit of  good fortune I fear we'll be relegated.

e4b

:plus one: :plus one:
Quote from: Black, White and Fred on March 06, 2021, 04:02:33 PM
The only team in the whole league who I don't see us having the ability to get anything from is City, who as it stands are running away with league. Nothing to be ashamed about there. If we could get a bit sharper in front of goal I don't think it will even come down to the last day at Newcastle. Get your plus 1 emojis out!

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

Texas White

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on March 06, 2021, 04:02:33 PM
The only team in the whole league who I don't see us having the ability to get anything from is City, who as it stands are running away with league. Nothing to be ashamed about there. If we could get a bit sharper in front of goal I don't think it will even come down to the last day at Newcastle. Get your plus 1 emojis out! :54:

Brave to post this positive vibe Fred. Have to say I agree.

Andy S

It's always 11 v 11 so any thing can happen especially when teams are scrapping for survival. It's not predictable meaning Liverpool is not cut and dry and neither is Man City. I understand being fearful but fear brings out different things in different people. So let's be positive and live in hope but don't give up until it's not possible to stay up. This season after all has no crowds in grounds so the fear factor is not their as much as it could be

Fulham 442

Quote from: WindyCity on March 06, 2021, 05:08:00 PM
I admire the TO's optimism.  But sadly, chances for survival in this league were lost during the first 8-9 games in the season.  Yes, I still hold out hope for surviving, haven't totally given up just yet.  But it sure doesn't look good.  FFC has formed a nice solid defense.  Just isn't clinical enough in the final third.  Still keeping fingers crossed (for a miracle)...........
+1

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 06, 2021, 05:00:09 PM
I think we're at the point now where we absolutely need to win games against the likes of Liverpool. Which should tell you how precarious the situation is. We could find ourselves going into that game 6 points adrift and if we lose to Liverpool which is statistically likely, we're potentially 6 points+ behind with City to play. It's a horrible situation we find ourselves in but completely self inflicted. Too many draws, poor organisation from the club to start the season, bringing in no goal scorer at start of season, even as a backup competitor to Mitro. I'm sure we'll hear the same talking points about how much we've learnt but we still need individuals to put their hands up and admit it wasn't good enough.

I think we're down but I'm not annoyed about it really. I thought before the season started as long as we gave it a good go, that's all you can ask for and this team certainly has. It's just mightily disappointing not taking the opportunities given to us to stay up though. Silly sending offs, missed penalties, missed chances, and the list continues. But the same story has lingered way too often. 'We should of won that game' will ultimately turn into 'we were unlucky to not stay up' when the actuality is, we weren't good enough to.

If I had to bet either way, stay up or go down, I'd bet on us going down because it's statistically more likely, as it has been for the entirety of this season despite the recent optimism. Nonetheless, IMO people have to stop wetting themselves over every twist and turn because they'll be plenty more of those before the end of the season.

On another thread some were throwing in the towel because Burnley got a point today, which FFS is ridiculous unless they were hoping for a scenario where all the teams around us lost every remaining game and 34 pts was enough to romp to 14th.

Similarly I think people should be mentally prepared for the gap to 17th to open up to 6 pts. There's a good chance that will happen in the coming days but it's far from the end of the world. With Burnley and Newcastle to play in the last 4 games, going into that run-in only 6pts from them would leave us with every chance of staying up, particularly if we maintain our superior GD.

If the gap opens up even wider over the next month or so, say to 9pts or 12pts, then of course relegation becomes nigh on certain but that's some way off.

FFC1987

Yeh, I get that Statto, I just think people need a bit of perspective at times. We aren't in a good position, we aren't in Sheffield's either though. It's a hole we're in. I think it's slightly too much mainly due to outlined things above but nonetheless, I hope I'm wrong and we find enough wins to stay up. It's just really hard to see right now and with teams around us getting super fortunate decisions go their way, it's even harder to see it turn. A perfect turn would be 3 points tomorrow and Newcastle losing. All of a sudden, people like myself who think it's just not our season, will have a re-think. Technically it's still in our hands. We just need to win, and win often, something historically this season, isn't our forte!
Fingers crossed but I'll say this, I'm not a Debby downer about it. I've been immensely proud of this side, just disappointed we haven't managed that little bit more!

perry geyton

I'm with Black, White & Fred
Totally doable
Positivity prevails

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 06, 2021, 06:42:27 PM
A perfect turn would be 3 points tomorrow and Newcastle losing. All of a sudden, people like myself who think it's just not our season, will have a re-think.

But there are ten rounds of matches before we play Newcastle. If we stay within striking distance (6 pts as I said) then it all it takes is one "perfect turn" on one of those weekends and it goes to the final game.

Of course that may not happen, and even if it does we might not beat Newcastle on the final day. I'm not saying we're likely to stay up, just that IMO it doesn't become substantially less likely just because some results (including our own) don't go our way this weekend or even over the next few weeks.

The "people need a bit of perspective" point cuts both ways with all due respect.

SuffolkWhite

You can be positive and believe or negative and disbelieve, up to you.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Jules

We just need to finish above Newcastle! They are in a right mess at the moment. Keep the faith, we are playing well - we can do this!!

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on March 06, 2021, 06:49:05 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on March 06, 2021, 06:42:27 PM
A perfect turn would be 3 points tomorrow and Newcastle losing. All of a sudden, people like myself who think it's just not our season, will have a re-think.

But there are ten rounds of matches before we play Newcastle. If we stay within striking distance (6 pts as I said) then it all it takes is one "perfect turn" on one of those weekends and it goes to the final game.

Of course that may not happen, and even if it does we might not beat Newcastle on the final day. I'm not saying we're likely to stay up, just that IMO it doesn't become substantially less likely just because some results (including our own) don't go our way this weekend or even over the next few weeks.

The "people need a bit of perspective" point cuts both ways with all due respect.

I wasn't implying it's all down to this for a positive turn. Just saying it's the type of thing we need. Ideally quicker the better for momentum and morale. But beating Liverpool and Brom beating Newcastle would be a pretty incredible turn dont you think? I think the perspective comment was balanced. I've said things could be much worse but also much better and we aren't 'down without a chance' it's just statistically weighted against us at this point in time.

St Eve