watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

3 points at Anfield

Started by Denver Fulham, March 06, 2021, 06:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

We should be satisfied with nothing less tomorrow.

Since Boxing Day, we have 13 points and a -4 GD. They have 12 points and a -7 GD. They've lost at home to Burnley and Brighton. They drew at home to West Brom and at Newcastle. They got dominated by an Everton side we destroyed right before that match. They don't have any center backs. We should have beaten them at home when they were healthier and playing much better than they currently are.

They obviously still have players who can hurt us, but there's no reason we can't win tomorrow, and our attitude should be to get the 3 on offer, not settling for another "good point."

Jules

Totally agree. Let's go for it from the start and press them high, force them into errors, mix it up with pace and we can get a good result. Nothing to fear, we are due a result that people sit up and notice. COYW 049:gif

davew

They are not going to lose 5 on the bounce at home, we could be on for a hiding tomorrow, on the other hand if we could play the match without VAR and match officials, we stand a chance.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

A good OP that gives us hope, if we could just get a goal or two then it would all be possible. If Maja could get a goal like the disallowed goal against Spurs that would motivate us all. If RLC could produce that little bit extra and Orchestrate our attack we could dominate.

Three big IFS there though.

FFC1987

I'm predicting a narrow defeat after a brilliant performance in 2/3's of the pitch for the majority of the game. We miss a few half chances that seem bigger because we create very little but indeed compete and dominate sections of the game. We finish, feel deflated but insist we were the better side and should of won or at least get a point. We then look at the table and curse at our misfortune whilst looking at least 4 points adrift with oppositio Having a game in hand whilst we look at another tough fixture in Manchester City but insist we can get something from then.

SP

We'll have a goal disallowed after a 20 minute VAR check & they'll be given the obligatory soft penalty with little or no contact on their striker.  On the basis we'll be lucky to finish with 11 on the pitch, I'd be happy with a point.

Whitestone

Quote from: davew on March 06, 2021, 06:29:04 PM
They are not going to lose 5 on the bounce at home, we could be on for a hiding tomorrow, on the other hand if we could play the match without VAR and match officials, we stand a chance.

It'll be six on the bounce if things go to plan tomorrow.

Plodder

Even if we lose tomorrow and to Man City, I still think we have a decent chance (30 - 40%) of staying up.  We'll have 9 games, and we probably will need to win four of them, and draw a couple too.  W4 D2 L3 is far from an impossible task, provided the team does not lose heart and confidence.  An unexpected win tomorrow or next week would be very helpful, though, and I don't think either is beyond us. Strangely, I fancy us more against Man City than Liverpool, simply because I can't envisage the latter losing six in a row at home. They have not done us any favours at Anfield by losing to Brighton and Burnley and drawing with WBA, and it would be typical of the scousers to reserve their best performance at home in months for us.

perry geyton

We owe one em after that first game, VAR screwed us on that one too.

Let's hope it's our time for our luck to change

JoelH5

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 06, 2021, 06:34:52 PM
I'm predicting a narrow defeat after a brilliant performance in 2/3's of the pitch for the majority of the game. We miss a few half chances that seem bigger because we create very little but indeed compete and dominate sections of the game. We finish, feel deflated but insist we were the better side and should of won or at least get a point. We then look at the table and curse at our misfortune whilst looking at least 4 points adrift with oppositio Having a game in hand whilst we look at another tough fixture in Manchester City but insist we can get something from then.

Well you're already wrong with that...
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FFC1987

Quote from: JoelH5 on March 06, 2021, 10:33:45 PM

Well you're already wrong with that...

Oh yes, this is a win for you. 1 point in it. Congrats.

lomotd

Liverpool have the worst home record in 2021 in the WHOLE football league. It will be so Fulham-ish for us to lose.

andyk

The game is in daylight. All of our wins have been after sunset.
Have we got a few vampires in the team?
Weak in the sun, strong in the night. 

DevonFFC

Quote from: davew on March 06, 2021, 06:29:04 PM

Think they lost 5, this would be number 6

hovewhite

I think we start exactly as we did v Everton with high press and do it for 96 minutes and leave scouse land with a 2nd famous. Result.

Wingnut

Quote from: lomotd on March 06, 2021, 11:28:19 PM
Liverpool have the worst home record in 2021 in the WHOLE football league. It will be so Fulham-ish for us to lose.

Klopp is going to rest some players ahead of their CL game. Coupling this with their home form, #Fulhamish, and a home win is highly likely. That being said, I still think we can turn them over. We need to replicate our performance at Goodison. COYW.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

G_Gribby

The league season have been a complete mess for the reds. Hopefully they have CL in there minds. Hopefully we can score. Hopefully the referee treats us as equal to the reds. Hopefully VAR is not needed today.

However as I'm pretty pessimistic and therefore I believe we will lose.
But I of course want the mighty whites to prove me wrong.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Woolly Mammoth

Anfield is no longer a fortress, and we shall play without fear and show no mercy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC In Oz

I can't see it happening.

a) we don't score goals
&
b) Liverpool are due to turn it around.

filham

Sounds like just a re run of most of our games this season.