watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players screaming in "agony"

Started by Plodder, March 07, 2021, 01:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plodder

Match of the Day rightly ran a little feature last night on players screaming whenever they go to the ground after being fouled (or not).  Lacazette was unfortunate to be singled out, but it was a good example.  Footballers really should be embarrassed about it, when they compare themselves with the bravery of other sportsmen and sportswomen.

alfie

Quote from: Plodder on March 07, 2021, 01:14:44 PM
Match of the Day rightly ran a little feature last night on players screaming whenever they go to the ground after being fouled (or not).  Lacazette was unfortunate to be singled out, but it was a good example.  Footballers really should be embarrassed about it, when they compare themselves with the bravery of other sportsmen and sportswomen.

In all my years of watching rugby, I can't recall a single occasion when a player has screamed out after getting smashed to the ground.

Lacazet's scream yesterday was very embarrassing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sunburywhite

Jack Willis screamed in agony after he did his MCL against Italy but in those circumstances it is not surprising
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Plodder

Quote from: alfie on March 07, 2021, 01:18:21 PM
Quote from: Plodder on March 07, 2021, 01:14:44 PM

In all my years of watching rugby, I can't recall a single occasion when a player has screamed out after getting smashed to the ground.

Lacazet's scream yesterday was very embarrassing.

When Jack Willis suffered that awful knee injury after being crocodile rolled against Italy, he did emit a little yelp initially - and who could blame him?  Afterwards, he lay there in genuine agony but in brave silence, having (in his words) "torn my MCL off the bone at the bottom, torn a bit off the top as well, so I am going to need that fully repaired. Torn both meniscus, the medial meniscus from the root one side. Pretty gutted, I could be out for up to a year."

I am sure everyone wishes him well - such a good player and terribly unlucky. This is his second serious long term injury and he is only 24.

_Putney_

It's a disgusting trend which should be recognised as simulation, which is an offense.  But agree, it's more than just the offense, it's a shameful behaviour.