https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Great team that West Brom

Started by H4usuallysitting, March 06, 2021, 11:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

We Are Premier League

049:gif

Big goal for Leicester in the 88th! Feel like its down to three now; Newcastle, Brighton and us.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 07, 2021, 12:38:48 AM

Big goal for Leicester in the 88th! Feel like its down to three now; Newcastle, Brighton and us.

Come on you Baggies, do it.

But first, we need to scalp Liverpool.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Statto

Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 07, 2021, 12:38:48 AM

Burnley have played a game more than us and Brighton, and two games more than Newcastle, and we still have a 6-pointer to play against them. No idea how you can rule them out.

Herbie

Burnley are in form and look like they can get points from most games.  However, Newcastle and Brighton do not.

bog

AL-B-ON  :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: AL-B-ON  :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

092.gif

General

Why did people want west brom to win? They win one more and they're not far off us and would then be competing with better ability to score goals for the one place we're all already fighting for. I want teams around us especially Newcastle and West brom to play out draws.

Statto

Quote from: General on March 07, 2021, 09:02:23 AM
Why did people want west brom to win? They win one more and they're not far off us and would then be competing with better ability to score goals for the one place we're all already fighting for. I want teams around us especially Newcastle and West brom to play out draws.

Because there is absolutely zero chance of West Brom staying up. Perhaps there's a slim chance of them catching us, as you say, but if that happens it will just mean they finish 18th and we finish 19th, which is an irrelevance.

bod

Our targets must be the teams just above us. If we are worried about WBA we are lost anyway. I want West Brom to beat Newcastle to make that target easier. Then, bring on Liverpool!

Woolly Mammoth

In a nutshell with no holds barred and in the cold light of day when everything is said and done after chewing over the fat, one way or another West Bromwich Albion have to beat Newcastle United today.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

There are very few teams West Brom can defeat unless they have incredibly good fortune - Newcastle is one of them perhaps, especially as there is unrest in the camp. And we need teams to be in the mix....

Slaphead in Qatar

We will see today how well Newcastle are coping with their off field problems

Cambridge Pete

If we perform well in the next eleven games we have a chance. I don't want to be reliant on other teams failings. We have a good side and hopefully. if we stay up, the Khan's will sanction converting some of the loans into purchases. Then we can prepare well for next season.

filham

I usually hope for a draw when our relegation rivals meet
Today however I am hoping Big Sam can engineer a good win for West Brom and if we could then miraculously get a win a Anfield things would be looking so much better for us.

PaulJ123

WBAs defence looks so so so slow.

Good thing ASM and Wilson aren't there.

The Cravenette

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on March 07, 2021, 11:21:49 AM
If we perform well in the next eleven games we have a chance. I don't want to be reliant on other teams failings. We have a good side and hopefully. if we stay up, the Khan's will sanction converting some of the loans into purchases. Then we can prepare well for next season.

We have to be reliant on other clubs failings, we are currently behind them on points. We could win all our remaining matches but if others do too,we will still be down.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: The Cravenette on March 07, 2021, 12:43:53 PM

We have to be reliant on other clubs failings, we are currently behind them on points. We could win all our remaining matches but if others do too,we will still be down.

you do know we have to play Burnley and Newcastle?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Half time  West Brom 0 - Newcastle 0 with the Baggies playing nice football and looking the better team. No sign of Big Sam's long ball game

FFC In Oz

Quote from: filham on March 07, 2021, 12:53:32 PM
Half time  West Brom 0 - Newcastle 0 with the Baggies playing nice football and looking the better team. No sign of Big Sam's long ball game

I'm actually surprised at the threat both teams are posing to be honest.

Newcastle had a couple of outnumber situations on the break that they should have done better on, and one where Joelinton probably should have taken on the shot (but tried unsuccessfully to cross to an unmarked Fraser).

WBA have looked more and more assured the longer the half has gone on though, and like you say, probably the better side.

I reckon there's definitely a goal or two in this one.

Plodder

No, if we won all eleven games and got to 56 points, I think it would be mathematically impossible for us not to finish ahead of at least three teams, given that teams must drop points playing against each other, and we would have taken points off Burnley and Newcastle.  I agree that the worse certain other teams perform, the lower the target for survival becomes, but at the moment, our fate is in our own hands.