watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who will be after Parker?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, March 07, 2021, 04:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Apparently Bournemouth were said to be interested in Parker, but recognised that they couldn't attract him (at this stage, at least).  And while I am not a 'Parker hater' I didn't want him as manager because I felt it was an appointment that showed lack of ambition.  I didn't want a manager who was learning on the job and I thought with the squad we had we played limited football and we should have been much closer to automatic promotion.  All credit to him for our route through the playoffs but I still would not be sorry if he moved on.  That's not 'hate' it's just not 'love'.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jules

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 07, 2021, 05:01:00 PM
Palace may want him. Seems like Roy's contract will not be renewed. Newcastle may want him - Bruce's days appear numbered.

I reckon Palace will take Eddie Howe and Tindall as his assistant. Newcastle will be going down (hopefully)!

colinwhite

Quote from: clarkey on March 07, 2021, 05:00:03 PM
Parker has learned on the job. He is a far better manager than he was at the start of the season even though he still makes mistakes- like the subbing today, taking Maja off rather than Cav was an error (as Cav was terrible today) and Anguissa should have come on, not Mitro then.

But other than that the big things are basically right.The shape is excellent and the defence is wonderful.Our best since Uncle Roy.The team is behind him, and fights. We are all proud of th
Parker has learned on the job. He is a far better manager than he was at the start of the season even though he still makes mistakes- like the subbing today, taking Maja off rather than Cav was an error (as Cav was terrible today) and Anguissa should have come on, not Mitro then.

But other than that the big things are basically right.The shape is excellent and the defence is wonderful.Our best since Uncle Roy.The team is behind him, and fights. We are all proud of them.

What is more he will attract good players to the club as he is a "player's coach" and we have a good chance of actually achieving things over the next season or two. Let's hope we just keep this form going and get a fair rub of the green to stay up. We deserve it now.

What is more he will attract good players to the club as he is a "player's coach" and we have a good chance of actually achieving things over the next season or two. Let's hope we just keep this form going and get a fair rub of the green to stay up. We deserve it now.

You are so humble Clarkey. Give Parker a call and give him some advice....

spoonffc

tottenham is the obvious one, all my tottenham friends have a hard on for him atm

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 07, 2021, 05:39:55 PM
Apparently Bournemouth were said to be interested in Parker, but recognised that they couldn't attract him (at this stage, at least).  And while I am not a 'Parker hater' I didn't want him as manager because I felt it was an appointment that showed lack of ambition.  I didn't want a manager who was learning on the job and I thought with the squad we had we played limited football and we should have been much closer to automatic promotion.  All credit to him for our route through the playoffs but I still would not be sorry if he moved on.  That's not 'hate' it's just not 'love'.

What is your ambition for Fulham? A German manager?

Pluto

But other than that the big things are basically right.The shape is excellent and the defence is wonderful.Our best since Uncle Roy.The team is behind him, and fights. We are all proud of them.

This is exactly right. I was on the fence about him earlier in the season and I don't think those who wanted him replaced at the time we're necessarily in the wrong given the results we were getting and poor quality of football, but he is a different and better manager now. He has improved rapidly and deserves a huge amount of credit for learning on the job. A lot of managers aren't capable of that and remain stuck in their ways so understandable that some thought he would be of that ilk. Thankfully for us he has proved himself a lot smarter than that. Credit to him!

Statto

Quote from: spoonffc on March 07, 2021, 06:04:00 PM
tottenham is the obvious one, all my tottenham friends have a hard on for him atm

Yep nailed on, if we stay up this team will do reasonable well next year, finish 11th and he will go to Spurs and take at least one of Areola/Anderson/Tosin/Reed with him

filham

Already I can sense a Spurs double swoop for Parker and Andersen.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on March 07, 2021, 06:11:44 PM

Strange question - what difference does nationality make?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 07, 2021, 06:35:17 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on March 07, 2021, 06:11:44 PM

Strange question - what difference does nationality make?

Nationality doesn't matter, but what do you mean by ambition in regards to who is our manager? What English manager could Fulham get that would show you "ambition"?

perry geyton