watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View ahead

Started by LC, March 07, 2021, 04:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

There are 4 very winnable games left in the season: Leeds, Burnley, Southampton and Newcastle. And I'm not including Aston Villa and Wolves in there- we could easily win those as well.

Momentum is in are favour, we're in the top 10 in terms of goals conceded- if we can continue to grind out results like this then we have a great chance to stay up.

38 points will do it- that's 4 wins with 10 games to go. Going to be close but we can do it.

If we stay up and keep what we have and buy a top striker, then we'll be a top 10 side minimum.

FFC1987

My usual pessimism is ebbing. Maybe Man City aside, we can get enough wins. Surely we can muster up 4 wins.....

LC

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 07, 2021, 04:08:18 PM
My usual pessimism is ebbing. Maybe Man City aside, we can get enough wins. Surely we can muster up 4 wins.....

My thinking exactly, hopefully we can get that before the Newcastle game

filham

Goalscoring is still a problem, just look at that breakaway chance Cav. had today, he did well until he shot at goal and then he was well wide of the target.

Statto

Surely the lesson from today (and some other performances this season) is that every game is winnable

Inevitably there will be some disappointing dull draws in games we thought we "winnable" but then there will be some surprise wins where we thought we had no chance 

FFC In Oz

Quote from: filham on March 07, 2021, 04:25:13 PM
Goalscoring is still a problem, just look at that breakaway chance Cav. had today, he did well until he shot at goal and then he was well wide of the target.

That's basically Cav in a nutshell though, isn't it?

The build up is terrific up until the finish or the final ball/cross.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on March 07, 2021, 04:25:55 PM
Surely the lesson from today (and some other performances this season) is that every game is winnable

Inevitably there will be some disappointing dull draws in games we thought we "winnable" but then there will be some surprise wins where we thought we had no chance

After that, I'm of that opinion. Seemed like it just wasn't our season after that Spurs game, was so deflated but results like this define seasons. We push on from this with a positive performance against City, even if it's a loss, and we have a string of games we can win in. Sooner the better though! Keep that momentum going.

Positivity aside, we still need players to stand up and score the goals. Fingers crossed we see RLC or Lemina in form for this!

LC

I think I would have BDR up top with Maja.

Play someone else on the right- RLC or Tete maybe. Cav has done well as an impact sub