watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today's referee is no Friend of ours but

Started by SP, March 07, 2021, 09:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

He must be seriously embarrassed when he sees the booking he gave Tete, absolutely ridiculous & he couldn't book him quick enough.

:031:

Andyb

We Are Premier League

Pool fans claiming Reid was offside for the goal...that would have been REALLY hard to take.

RaySmith

Agree - free kick, from which they nearly scored, and booking for Tete pathetic - a great, well timed tackle.

I was just waiting with baited breath for VAR to say there'd been some misdemeanour and  chalk our goal off.

junior white

Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 07, 2021, 09:56:52 PM
Pool fans claiming Reid was offside for the goal...that would have been REALLY hard to take.
I thought he was ahead of the line but he didn't move to the ball or interfere in another way from what I could tell. It was also checked as all goals are, so tough on them.

junior white

Quote from: SP on March 07, 2021, 09:29:10 PM
He must be seriously embarrassed when he sees the booking he gave Tete, absolutely ridiculous & he couldn't book him quick enough.

:031:
Was a tough card decision, I guess as he came in from the side maybe slightly behind he thought contact had to be made on the player first. It is hard being a ref they get once chance we get slow motions to look at which make it clear it was only the ball he get. VAR cannot overturn yellow cards so even though it was looked at nothing they could do.

I did think the ref did ok he let the game flow when the Liverpool, players were throwing themselves to the ground effort the whole. 90 minutes, look at Sarah in the 3rd minute and Robinsons repeated attempts to con the ref. Shocking

Dodgin

bobbo

Quote from: RaySmith on March 08, 2021, 05:46:34 AM
Agree - free kick, from which they nearly scored, and booking for Tete pathetic - a great, well timed tackle.

I was just waiting with baited breath for VAR to say there'd been some misdemeanour and  chalk our goal off.
me too ray.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Barrett487

Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 07, 2021, 09:56:52 PM
Looked like Williams (47) was playing BDR onside. VAR would have checked anyway.

junior white

Quote from: Dodgin on March 08, 2021, 08:51:08 AM
Added on time that wasn't there.
The 2 minutes over the initial 4 was strange, i thought an extra 30 seconds or so after the free kick was given as he booked mitro i think. But 2 minutes from no where really, the first 4 I could see 30 seconds per sub and a minute for time wasting

Baston White

I actually thought the referee had a good game today.
He let the game flow and didn't fall for any of Liverpool's diving around.
I thought the extra time was a bit over the top but apart from that a good game.

Southdowns White

Some Liverpool fans saying the Bias was towards us and they were hard done by by the ref.

alfie

Quote from: Dodgin on March 08, 2021, 08:51:08 AM
Added on time that wasn't there.
Lemina injury, substitutions, length of time Areola takes with goal kicks, it all adds up.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Baston White on March 08, 2021, 10:02:02 AM
I thought the extra time was a bit over the top but apart from that a good game.

Likewise.

Maybe it's because I went in to the match with the expectation that we were going to get stitched up by some questionable decisions, but I thought the ref for the most part was OK.

As you said, he tended to let the game flow and didn't fall for most of the Liverpool players' antics.

Obviously the Tete booking was a mistake, but I believe that can get rescinded (or is it only reds that can get rescinded?)

Jim©

Only reds that can get rescinded. It was a diabolical decision, he was close enough to see the path of the ball diverted by the tackle.
The best ref we've had for ages was the Sheff Utd game, who also reffed the Manchester derby yesterday. IMO he's the league's best ref by a long way. Anthony Taylor?

Dodgin

Just watched the game again and the freekick was missed by the assistant ref before the goal but the ref gave it. I will settle for that. Jim did his favourite mention about throw in's.

karldutton

The ref would take a minute or two when every time Liverpool were in offside, I just think the referees just think of it too much and slows down the game completely. The same thing with the extra 2 added minutes when the ball was everywhere in the pitch and it gone out a few times by then.

MisfitKid

Quote from: Baston White on March 08, 2021, 10:02:02 AM

I thought the same.  Probably could have used him for the Flopping Spuds...
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Simply91

Quote from: Southdowns White on March 08, 2021, 12:30:37 PM
Some Liverpool fans saying the Bias was towards us and they were hard done by by the ref.

Lol

Nestor the Chronicler

Regarding Tete's card, we are fortunate he's on two for the season and not risking a suspension (players who accumulate 10 yellow cards in PL matches up to and including their team's 32nd fixture will serve a two-match suspension in the competition).