https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today's referee is no Friend of ours but

Started by SP, March 07, 2021, 09:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryP

Quote from: MisfitKid on March 08, 2021, 08:50:16 PM
Quote from: Baston White on March 08, 2021, 10:02:02 AM
I actually thought the referee had a good game today.
He let the game flow and didn't fall for any of Liverpool's diving around.
I thought the extra time was a bit over the top but apart from that a good game.

I thought the same.  Probably could have used him for the Flopping Spuds...

I'm agree with the two of you.  On the whole I thought the ref had a pretty good match.  I agree that the call against Tete was a bad call but I didn't cringe about the call until after the first viewing when I saw the replays.  The ref does not get that opportunity unless VAR is applicable and it was not in this case.  I also thought six minutes was a little  excessive but not overly so given Lemina's cramp and the slow restarts. 

Best news was none of this stopped the squad from getting the three points they deserved.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Andy S

Credit where it is due. It is not always possible to get every decision right as a Referee but I believe he was very fair even as much as the additional time added on. They like to blow the whistle when the ball is in the middle of the park. Years ago there was a ref I believe Kirkpatrick who would blow th3 whistle as a player was shooting at goal. As you can guess sometimes they scored and it was disallowed

Dodgin

Roger Kirkpatrick fast  ref with his backward run, which always got a cheer.  Cahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9n5Vh3fCBc&ab_channel=TigerTubePlayerrried a bit of weight.   

Blawarmy

Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 07, 2021, 09:56:52 PM
Pool fans claiming Reid was offside for the goal...that would have been REALLY hard to take.

In all fairness they've had more dodgy points awarded incorrectly on var calls than most since it was introduced, so to clutch at straws trying to deny us a superbly taken goal that we deserved is pretty lame! 

blingo

Quote from: SP on March 07, 2021, 09:29:10 PM
He must be seriously embarrassed when he sees the booking he gave Tete, absolutely ridiculous & he couldn't book him quick enough.

:031:

Not as embarrassed as the jerk that refereed our game against Tottenham and gave that ridiculous hand ball.