watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our 6 loan players

Started by JohnG, March 08, 2021, 07:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnG

I am aware that Areola, Andersen, Loftus Cheek (Chelsea) and Lookman (RB Leipzig) are all loan players but can anyone please name them all and also their parent club and theie market value and if we have an option to buy the player?

One further question - if a club fines a player does the club keep the money or is it paid to charity.

Bokonon

Lemina and Aina are the other two?

simplyfulham

Areola - PSG - Option? Yes
Aina - Torino - Option? Yes
Andersen - Lyon - Option? No
Lemina - Southampton - Option? Yes
Loftus-Cheek - Chelsea - Option? No
Lookman - RB Leipzig - Option? No
Maja - Bordeaux - Option? Yes

simplyfulham

Mostly fines are organised by the squad themselves, not the admin part of clubs as it were. Fines are usually pooled and then spent on Christmas parties or end of season doo's things like that. Or at least the players who have retired in the last 5-10 years have told stories to that effect. I'm sure Crouchie has done something on this in his podcast.

Milo

Sign Areola, Anderson, Aina minimum.

Lookman would be a bonus.

Anymore presumably would push FFP if we hadn't already.

Suspect Mawson, Knockaert, etc would all need to go to balance books.. however still £30-40m short I imagine so.. Anguissa? Mitro?

Andyb

Be interesting to see how much money we have to play with if we stayed up. Keep anderson, areola, lemina  aina and lookman - probably total 80m at least???

Get rid of mawson, sess, knockers, christie, fabri, johansen, kebano, ak, mitro. Maybe get 40m total for all them?

Still need to buy a new striker , attacking mid and rw which probably another 80m? Can't see us spending 160m in the summer?

EricB

Would we need to spend £160m?  Could we convert most of the loans for £80m, then loan another £80m worth of prem standard players

WestSussexWhite

I would sign every single loanee if we stay up, will cost us close to 100mill but would be worth it. If we sign them all we will probably only need a prem quality Right winger and a proven goalscorer. So probably looking at 120 mill next spend, we will also get additional TV money as we stay up so we are likely to be able to afford it

Andyb

Quote from: EricB on March 08, 2021, 09:47:45 PM
Would we need to spend £160m?  Could we convert most of the loans for £80m, then loan another £80m worth of prem standard players

True not a bad idea! I forgot to add mlm and seri to list of players to sell. We have a big squad

Statto

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on March 08, 2021, 10:11:10 PM
I would sign every single loanee if we stay up, will cost us close to 100mill but would be worth it. If we sign them all we will probably only need a prem quality Right winger and a proven goalscorer. So probably looking at 120 mill next spend, we will also get additional TV money as we stay up so we are likely to be able to afford it

Agreed, although I think we'll severely struggle to get two PL quality forwards for the £20m you've budgeted. But if we offload the deadwood (Fabri, MLM, Seri, Mawson, Knockaert...) I reckon we'll have a bit more than £120m to spend, plus we can always have a few fresh loans next season if we make this season's loanees permanent. 

We Are Premier League

IF we stay up, i think we can sign 6 of the loans for 40-60m, Andersen is not going to happen.
Areola - PSG - Option? Yes
Aina - Torino - Option? Yes
Lemina - Southampton - Option? Yes
Lookman - RB Leipzig - Option? No
Maja - Bordeaux - Option? Yes
Loftus-Cheek - Chelsea - Option? No - On a huge salary down the road, can't see him joining us this summer. Also don't think anyone else will sign him, another loan to us might be a good solution for them as well. He is more likely to come good here than anywhere else...he has had a decent season but he needs to have a great season for them to get him off their books.

A few more signing and we are good to go for next year. Tuanzebe? Reiss? Armstrong? Kongolo (basically a new signing if we can get him fit...)

Andersen - Lyon - Option? No - Will play Champions League next season, now out of out reach.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Milo on March 08, 2021, 09:28:30 PM
Sign Areola, Anderson, Aina minimum.

Lookman would be a bonus.

Anymore presumably would push FFP if we hadn't already.

Suspect Mawson, Knockaert, etc would all need to go to balance books.. however still £30-40m short I imagine so.. Anguissa? Mitro?

If the 4 you mentioned cost 100 million and they all signed 4 yr contracts, then you only have to amortize 25 million plus salary. The issue won't be next season, but how far do you push the boat out over the next 3 seasons following. I don't think it is as a big of a risk because all 4 have shown themselves to be top level players, no guess work with them. Think each like FZA can be moved on if needed at any point in a pinch, but it is not my money that would be on the line.

Lemina would basically cost you the price of selling S. Sess or Kamara for next season. That is a no brainer.

This season the issue is you could not push it out too far because if you went back down you still have to amortize for 35 million in players plus salary next season. On top of that some of your biggest FFP price tags are guys like MLM/Seri. Mawson, and Knock all who are not with the club at this point and have little to no sell on value.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on March 08, 2021, 11:00:46 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on March 08, 2021, 10:11:10 PM

Agreed, although I think we'll severely struggle to get two PL quality forwards for the £20m you've budgeted. But if we offload the deadwood (Fabri, MLM, Seri, Mawson, Knockaert...) I reckon we'll have a bit more than £120m to spend, plus we can always have a few fresh loans next season if we make this season's loanees permanent. 

Another thing to consider as well if we stay up is that the PL income would make FPP look vastly better would it not which would allow another splurge in the transfer market? Over the rolling three years with two years of PL income, t should give us much more wiggle room in theory, and we've also ended up with some players who have vastly inflated their price tag based on this season, so worst comes to the worst we could flog one of them to a lazy top six club with more money than sense

Denver Fulham

I think the more interesting question is "What would you pay for each of them?"

Andersen was bought in 2019 for 28m. French football finances are a mess beyond global ones, so who knows what Lyon would ask, but hard to believe it would be much less than that. 30-35m is a very hard swallow, but Andersen's my favorite Fulham player in ages. He could become a legend here. Dunno.

Areola probably would be in the 15-20m range, based on prior valuations and comparable purchases (like Mendy). Likely worth it. He seems happy.

Lookman ... 15m? I could see an argument either way on him. Not a must for me, but depending on price, you can warrant the roll of the dice.

RLC ... who knows. It would come down to fee and wages. I'd pass, unless his attitude with Parker and the club is way better than we perceive it and he wants to be one of our core guys.

Aina and Lemina's options should both be below 10m and you take those instantly, imo.

Maja I think was stated to be 9m? Not a must for me. At the very least, we need a better starter than him, so he may end up as a luxury.

So, let's say we go all in on Andersen and Areola because they're awesome and love us, and pass on RLC and Lookman.

We'd spend about 70m in fees to have our goalkeeper and keep our back five intact. We'd need a top-class striker and at least two attacking mid/wing types. Pricey. We'd have to offset some of that by selling Seri, Mawson and very possibly Mitrovic, among others. But we'd have a chance to be very, very good.

(To think about these possibilities and the alternate world where we get relegated and this all gets dismantled is so nervewracking.)

Pluto

Lemina has a crazy cheap option at £7m and I believe Maja and Aina are around £10m each. I'd pick them all up and offset by selling the likes of AK47, Seri, Knock and Mawson. Know Areola has a reasonable option too, but don't know how much - obviously you pick that up whatever the cost.

Andersen - if there is a way to keep him then we must do it. I would pay £50m if thats what it takes. World class centre halfs don't grow on trees and he could be the foundations of something special.

Lookman - if we can make it happen for £25m then do it but if it's much more we might be better to invest elsewhere.

RLC - no thanks

We can raise funds by selling Mitro if we need to. His value must still be £25-30m which we could use to get a more mobile striker better suited to our style of play (sorry Mitro!)

JackHamlet90

Aina Lemina Maja will all sign full time if we stay up
If we can convince Areola on the option that would be some signing.
Lookman I'm sure Parker will like back will probably cost 20m but certainly worth it.
Andersen I think will be hard to keep they could easily ask 40m for him
Now will be very surprised if we sign him.
Loftus Cheek Parker has said he would like to sign but again seems pricey.

I think Andersen & RLC the least likely to return if we do escape

junior white

Quote from: Pluto on March 09, 2021, 02:24:39 AM
Lemina has a crazy cheap option at £7m and I believe Maja and Aina are around £10m each. I'd pick them all up and offset by selling the likes of AK47, Seri, Knock and Mawson. Know Areola has a reasonable option too, but don't know how much - obviously you pick that up whatever the cost.

Andersen - if there is a way to keep him then we must do it. I would pay £50m if thats what it takes. World class centre halfs don't grow on trees and he could be the foundations of something special.

Lookman - if we can make it happen for £25m then do it but if it's much more we might be better to invest elsewhere.

RLC - no thanks

We can raise funds by selling Mitro if we need to. His value must still be £25-30m which we could use to get a more mobile striker better suited to our style of play (sorry Mitro!)
Areola option was reported to be around 8.5 to 9 million euros in France
Lemina was reported as 7 million
Maja was reported to be 10 million euros in France
Aina was similar I think

I thought there was an option on Lookman but cant remember what it was, if it isn't an option the we have first dibs so to speak.

Anderson there is no option, it was reported they told us they wanted 30 million Euros for a permanent deal or 7-8 million euros for a loan deal, so we waited till the end of the Window and got a loan fee of around 1.7 to 2 million pounds instead

RLC has no option but think next year is the last of his Chelsea deal, will Tuchel want him? Given how Abraham is being treated I don't reckon so.

Personally I would sign all the loan players up if we had the chance to do so

clarkey

We need to trim our squad drastically.

Seriously we would not suffer at all if got rid of Cav, Hector, Knockers, Sess jnr, Fabri, MLM, Mawson, AK47, Seri, Christie, Betts, StefJo,Mitro and we do not need RLC either.

If we kept Lemina (essential) Lookman, and most of all Andersen,and then  Aina and Maja all for their option prices or whatever Andersen would cost (£20m is a bargain ) then we can afford to amortize that over 4 years as we will stay up next year for sure and the above saving on wage bill will be massive, not to mention some fees in, although some will be low.

We will still need a long term replacement for Tom C. and some more firepower BUT we should start integrating young players into our system. Slow and steady so we will in effect be buying ourselves two years of stability.

Got to be worth it. We are playing some good stuff and we are still improving.Also imagine losing Scotty in the summer, he would walk if we fail to secure at least 75% of our loanees,and we can win him over re losing RLC.

The Andersen factor will be the test of where FFC are going and whether that RIverside stand will ever be packed.He is an outstanding player for us.

Statto

People talking about letting Mitrovic go. Literally the only player in the squad capable of scoring more than 10 goals in a season. FFS.

:doh:

I Ronic

Two things worth a mention.
For the players, we dont have an option on, we'll be up against teams with deeper pockets who could offer more in the way of wages and opportunities.
For those we do, don't we need to agree personal terms with them?
It would be great if we could keep this team together and at the very least actually see them playing in the flesh. Disappointingly I don't believe it will happen.
   However feed Tony Khan whatever he was eating and drinking when he signed those loan deals and let him and his team find more like that and at the very least it will cushion the blow when they go.