watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker and losing games

Started by bencher, March 09, 2021, 12:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willham

I thought from the beginning SP is very honest, he wears his heart on his sleeve, the crying after the play off final.

And the team have lapped it up, their all seeing through his eyes right now, reminds me of old kevin Keegan.

But hes smarter.

Hated SP as a player but I love the puffy jacket cry your eyes out man now, Long my he reign.

Logicalman

Quote from: WindyCity on March 10, 2021, 04:39:08 PM
Just want to be clear here....I NEVER and STILL DON'T agree with the messaging SP put forth at the beginning of the season.  Thought was very poor choice in the communications processes.

THAT SAID, I am a big fan of SP, think he has done a very good job so far, and should remain as head coach even if FFC finds the relegation zone this season.  I've posted before that he should remain for at least the next 2-3 seasons, regardless what league FFC finds itself in.

My feeling is that his comments regards this thread topic were largely a gaffe, and if not considered a gaffe, are words I would never want to hear from my head coach.  A slip-up, as it were, on his part.  I'm old-school, so that's perhaps why I feel the way I do about this.

I can see your point, even though I do respectfully disagree with it.

My thinking is that this is a recent former player who fully understands the pressures of the present-day top league, and he has to manage the expectations of the club, the fans, and by no means least, his squad of players, some of whom had little to no experience of the Prem. I believe being realistic in this way was, in part, his way of managing those players' expectations. If he had specified that we were going to lose to this team and that team perhaps the message would have been viewed differently, but the generalization of the message was spot on for me.

Again, everyone to their own, and their own opinion is as valid as anyone else's here or at the club.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.