more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I have really enjoyed this season

Started by Willham, March 07, 2021, 07:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willham

The team, the ups and downs, it's been a total roller coaster so far

I once said about VAR I'm scared itll take all the contentious decisions away, I enjoy getting a bit mad about decisions occasionally. Granted I think it's a bit too far but I'm kinda glad theres still things to get mad about but this season weve had so many moment you thought our season would turn around only to stagnate again and then again we're in with a shout, ups and downs all season! My heart can hardly keep up.

I dont know if itll be able to top the great escape or the euro league final but it's up there as a favourite season for me.

colinwhite

weve got a team thats no pushover nad can take on anyone. I like that too.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Willham on March 07, 2021, 07:11:15 PM
The team, the ups and downs, it's been a total roller coaster so far

I once said about VAR I'm scared itll take all the contentious decisions away, I enjoy getting a bit mad about decisions occasionally. Granted I think it's a bit too far but I'm kinda glad theres still things to get mad about but this season weve had so many moment you thought our season would turn around only to stagnate again and then again we're in with a shout, ups and downs all season! My heart can hardly keep up.

I dont know if itll be able to top the great escape or the euro league final but it's up there as a favourite season for me.

I enjoyed it as well. Our team can win any game now.

Sgt Fulham

Most ballsy team we've had since Europa. Pleasure to watch in a footballing landscape currently so full of flaws. Relegation or not, it has been a fantastic season to watch and I will remember this team for as long as I live.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on March 07, 2021, 07:38:24 PM
Most ballsy team we've had since Europa. Pleasure to watch in a footballing landscape currently so full of flaws. Relegation or not, it has been a fantastic season to watch and I will remember this team for as long as I live.

Here, here!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Finnans Right Peg

:plus one:

A team and a manager to be proud of

toshes mate

It is a funny old game when the Champions of last season, by a whopping margin, have home form befitting of a 'to be relegated side', and the side third from bottom suddenly plays football that is seldom seen outside the top six.   The last three footballing months have been very strange and have made the season much more enjoyable.   The only thing really stifling my complete pleasure has been the bias among officials which shows absolutely no way of evening out – controversy I can cope with; plain old fashioned bias I just cannot abide.

bencher

I will really miss this season when it's over. I hope out of satisfaction rather than missed opportunity and heartbreak, but (despite past experience as a Fulham fan) I'm learning to go into every game thinking we could get a result. This team has all the right mixture of heart, quality and frustration that keeps you constantly on the edge of your seat, never too bad that all is lost, never too good that any result is assured.

SuffolkWhite

I am enjoying watching this team grow, enjoying the battle of this season, the trick to get you through the season is one game at a time and don't over think it! It is just kicking a ball after all  :dft012:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Statto

I would have enjoyed it a lot more if we could have been there.

General

I'm proud we're hard to beat and can give any team a game but at the same time whilst I've enjoyed it, that has been overridden by the frustration of not having the finishing touches and being poor in front of goal and in being in the relegation places. It's taken a resurgence of form which still hasn't gotten us out of the relegation places yet to give me hope and allow me to enjoy it a bit more but I'm frustrated this team has seen it happen the way it has and at such a late stage this season, with still a way to go to give us the space we need to know we're safe.

And yes, whilst there have been glimpses of us doing particularly well this season - Everton game was the most complete for me - we've had a large chunk of luck go our way which perhaps glazes over how we've done. Newcastle have had a lot of injuries and most recently to their front line which if it hadn't happened would've possibly given them enough to stay up. Liverpool- whilst I appreciate their form has been a drastic let off for 6 or so games - were very poor against us and their backline was full of academy graduates (we still only won 1-0). Think we need to remain grounded as a fan base and realise there's still a lot of work to be done this season to stay up and if we do next season to consolidate our position instead of being in another relegation dogfight.

Part of me wonders what would've happened and what would be the case if Parker had set out the ambition not to just finish the season in 17th and to have demanded more of our team, particularly in an attacking sense.

Sometimes I feel he's giving them patience and a let off to not be as critical when they could be more clinical. Cavaleiro is particularly bad in the final third this year.

We've 10 games to go and need to kick on now and really come out swinging in the next 10 games.

I have always wanted us to stay up. I want us to be an established premiership team but a lot of teams have been out of sorts this season and we need to push on as places in this league are hard fought, won and earned by being competitive and on the front foot consistently over years.

I'd love to see us do a Leicester- not even winning the league but being there or there abouts in the top 6 or 7.

Do it properly & with the new stand and people finally getting things right on and off the field I see no reason why we can't be there or there abouts. But it'll be made far easier if we're sensible and level-headed.

Willham

I love your heart, passion and desire but personally I dont really mind either way, whether we get relegated or not  I've enjoyed this season of football.

I live up in hull so I dont regularly get to go to the games so it's not too different for me.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it has been an eventful season starting from zero with a team that couldn't beat a carpet to improving after every month to being hard to beat and hard to score against.
We deserve to stay up with the football we have tried to play. Obviously when you are fighting for safety anything will do to grind out points. But we have shown that we can entertain the connoisseur as well as rolling our sleeves up standing our ground and fighting every inch of the way.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Yes it has been an intresting season and I have warmed to our players. If we manage to stay up it will become one that will be remembered with fondness.
I have managed to see every game live on TV, that is something I have never enjoyed previously.
However had I made the 19 trips to the Cottage for premier league games I wouldn't have enjoyed the number of times I came away without seeing a Fulham goal.

Carborundum

Quote from: Statto on March 08, 2021, 09:41:00 AM
I would have enjoyed it a lot more if we could have been there.
This

Andy S

It's been fast moving and a lot too play for

WindyCity

I have enjoyed the season also, as things ticked up (finally) once the defense was sorted, and we found that we could at least compete with most anyone.  That said, and to be honest, even as we saw team improvements, I still couldn't 'fully' enjoy the experience as we had dug ourselves such a deep hole from which to escape, so no matter the result we were so far behind the pack.  Even with our good recent play, we still find ourselves in the drop zone. 

I know we are probably all a bit over optimistic right now with the recent Liverpool win, but there is still much work to do.  AND, FFC still have trouble scoring goals and being clinical in final third opportunities.  Fingers crossed for the continued good play and staying up this season.  Yes, it has been enjoyable BUT also nerve racking at times......

COYW!!!!