watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Salah forgot to fall over

Started by Dixie, March 11, 2021, 12:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie

The first thing I thought when Lemina scored was that it was strange that Salah didn't collapse to the ground in agony...
Don't know if anyone else noticed it, but it's almost as if he is so shocked at having the ball robbed away, that he actually tried to win it back.

Now, just to clarify - I don't think it was a foul and VAR may well have backed that up...

But - Lemina did come from behind him and probably did make some contact with Salah (difficult to see for sure), so if Salah had gone down, I have a feeling that the ref would have blown up for a foul before Lemina even got his shot away

Also, Salah stayed on his feet when he was put through earlier in the game when I would have expected him to go to ground and again I think he would have got the decision since it seems these days any contact at all is deemed to be serious foul play!

I wonder if Klopp has pointed this out? Unfortunately, it would only lead to more and more players throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity and ruining the game further
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

fcfulham55

In the other box he goes down. It's unnatural for him to go down there. No sexual pun intended.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Dodger53

If you have lost the ball before you think about going down it would be a fairly comical dive. He normally plans the dive and then loses the ball as he makes contact.

RaySmith

Yes, the   intervention was too quick , and Salah didn't see it coming - by the time he'd reacted, the ball was in the net.

But I did  worry that the ref/VAR would give a foul, in fact, I was almost expecting it, since there was some contact made by Lemina on the player, though definitely not a foul as far as I was concerned, but who knows these days?

I also think LPool had a couple of shouts that could have been given as pens in the opening stages of the game, when they came at us. That would have been tough to take.
Maybe the ref authorities  let us off because of what had happened v Spurs!

Montague

Quote from: RaySmith on March 11, 2021, 01:00:58 PM
Yes, the   intervention was too quick , and Salah didn't see it coming - by the time he'd reacted, the ball was in the net.

But I did  worry that the ref/VAR would give a foul, in fact, I was almost expecting it, since there was some contact made by Lemina on the player, though definitely not a foul as far as I was concerned, but who knows these days?

I also think LPool had a couple of shouts that could have been given as pens in the opening stages of the game, when they came at us. That would have been tough to take.
Maybe the ref authorities  let us off because of what had happened v Spurs!

I was expecting this to be disallowed due to the high foot coming in on the defender who headed it out to Salah

RaySmith

If every goal was minutely examined for every possible infringement, however insignificant, before being given, you'd probably find there were hardly any goals allowed!

Teams like Fulham seem to often suffer from every possible reason being given to disallow them, while their bigger opponents are given a  far more liberal interpretation of the Laws.
For Fulham, the ref has extra powerful vision to clearly see very possible misdemeanour however slight, or even non existent, while for their opponents, the ref is  short sighted, and needs new glasses.