watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR need help with aol email

Started by f321ffc, March 11, 2021, 03:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Anyone using aol email having problems , they seem  to have lost an account I've been using for 20 years, try logging in keeps coming back as user name or password invalid, tried forgotten password
And get message " it looks like we can't recover your account online please visit our helpline" 
tried helpline but it's like banging my head against brick wall.
Anyone else having problems?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Holders

I use them but it's working fine - just checked.

Probably like you, I went with them at the outset as they had a free package but now they all seem to. They're not the most polished but I stick with them as it's such a fag changing over. Never had any problems, though.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

AOL?? Blimey, thats a blast from the past.

Can't help you, sorry. Just wanted to comment at how old it is lol

alfie

Never had any problems with them.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

If you haven't used the account for a long time then it may have been deleted since AOL in Europe was taken over and is now owned by Verizon (?).  I believe that on the initial takeover from AOL North America the European arm introduced password recovery mechanics whereby you offered a mobile number or alternative email account to receive the password unlock code.  I assume if you set this up it hasn't worked for you or if you didn't set alternatives up they don't know how to help you recover the account.   

toshes mate

There is a message on the UK helpline site that says 'AOL Mail is currently being updated with a new version ...'

f321ffc

Quote from: toshes mate on March 11, 2021, 04:55:55 PM
There is a message on the UK helpline site that says 'AOL Mail is currently being updated with a new version ...'
Thanks yes I've seen that, i use the account every day so it's not as if it was a dormant account.
I have a secondary aol account that is working fine, have tried everything including email aol, and to be fair they got back to me very quickly initially but every time I answer their security questions they come back with pretty much the Same questions.
Having tried everything I can online it seems that it's not a password problem, it seems that it's not recognising the account name, bloody real pain as I do everything on the missing account the secondary one is only used occasionally and as a recovery account.
Feels like banging my head against a brick wall but got to keep on trying
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Holders

Quote from: f321ffc on March 11, 2021, 05:45:25 PM
Thanks yes I've seen that, i use the account every day so it's not as if it was a dormant account.
I have a secondary aol account that is working fine, have tried everything including email aol, and to be fair they got back to me very quickly initially but every time I answer their security questions they come back with pretty much the Same questions.
Having tried everything I can online it seems that it's not a password problem, it seems that it's not recognising the account name, bloody real pain as I do everything on the missing account the secondary one is only used occasionally and as a recovery account.

I know exactly how you feel.

My mobile maybe a month back stopped recognising my secondary account and whatever I do (factory reset, the lot) I can't get it to reload. I thought it was a problem with my mobile but maybe not.

It would be such a pain to have to migrate away when so many people, apps etc. have the e-mail. It's almost harder than moving house.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

toshes mate

Quote from: f321ffc on March 11, 2021, 05:45:25 PM
Have you tried sending an email from your secondary account to your primary one and then check whether it is returned to the secondary account as 'undeliverable'?