News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If you are going to win when is the ideal time to score?

Started by Andy S, March 13, 2021, 11:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I've always thought first ten minutes is too early. Obviously five minutes from time is not too bad but unless you can score a couple in quick succession the first half is out for me

Willham

Depends on teams and ability really, if I were a man city fan, an early goal in the first ten is preferable, as its expected and you have full confidence your team will stay on the front foot for the rest of the game.

As a fulham fan, while I have confidence my team can see out a game now I would rather see us score in like the 60th min, that only gives me half an hour of worry, but ultimately any time to score is good but if we scored today in the 2nd min I wouldn't really expect the score to end 1 nil

FFC In Oz

The last kick of the game is usually a decent time :)

WhiteJC

first minute, then you've got the rest of the game to enjoy the win  :dft011:

ALG01

Any time is good but three early goals is best

ex-Pat

Going by your headline the best time to score a winner,,doesn't matter because we are winning the game regardless.

Fulham33

I don't want to be pedantic but if it is "the winner" by definition it doesn't matter one jot when it is scored!! Just saying

JoelH5

Surley the last second of the game so they can't get a goal back?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Andy S

I cannot agree with last second of the game as it is always 90 mins of worry ast to whether you will or not. However the result does help make up for the previous 90
Yes wrong wording in the title it should say if you are going to win

WindyCity

Based on what we've seen of this FFC season, scoring a goal ANYTIME is useful!  COYW!!!

filham

At our current rate of scoring it is not a question of when but if.

Any time is more than welcome for us right now.

Bokonon

ron

An ideal time not to concede is in the first five minutes, and in the five minutes before and after half time. This goes a long way towards winning!

Nero

Quote from: ron on March 13, 2021, 10:13:56 PM
An ideal time not to concede is in the first five minutes, and in the five minutes before and after half time. This goes a long way towards winning!

Also playing a centre forward could help