watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hoping Lawro

Started by ex-Pat, March 18, 2021, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex-Pat

Has us losing to Leeds Friday,   I bet he has us down for a draw.

Andy S

I could not give a toss what Lawro has us down for as it won't make any difference what happens. Nobody takes him seriously anyway

filham

Of course we need to see Lawro backing Leeds and making us underdogs. We would have all kinds of hang ups if he suddenly showed us any favour.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Andy S on March 18, 2021, 08:10:10 AM
I could not give a toss what Lawro has us down for as it won't make any difference what happens. Nobody takes him seriously anyway

+1

Couldn't care less what he thinks and I'm positive the players don't either.

PaulJ123

It's Leeds, of course they'll be favourites (as they probably should be).

Count Flapula

Lawro has us down to lose 0-2 -even though we 12 points form our last 8 games and they have zero goals and one point from the last 3 games. Quelle fr*gging suprise. I think Lawro's had us down for a grand total of zero points over the last 12 games so his "predictions" so hopefully we can continue to prove him wrong.

Whitestone

Lawro is so out of touch. How has he still got a job ?

davew

We are especially hoping that he has got it wrong for the Leeds match, he will be gloating if he gets it right!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

BestOfBrede

He is just a 'spitting image' puppet for gods sake - who takes any notice of a puppet?

Woolly Mammoth

He is just another bloke with his own opinion and there are millions of us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

When did the excuse for an expert last predict a win for us & did we do it?
Where there's a will there's a wife

WhiteJC

FA Cup & Premier League predictions: Lawro v racing driver Billy Monger, star of Comic Relief's Big Red Nose Challenge

Racing driver Billy Monger takes on Lawro at predictions this week after completing an epic challenge to raise money for Comic Relief.

The 21-year-old, who had both legs amputated after a crash in 2017, covered 140 miles over four days by walking, cycling and kayaking.

You can see how he did it by watching Billy Monger's Big Red Nose Challenge on BBC iPlayer.

Billy was joined along the way by a host of celebrity supporters but the Tottenham fan got a big surprise before he even began, when he met Spurs boss Jose Mourinho.

"I was ready to go up to Newcastle to start my walk, and I had my headphones on in the car when we set off so I didn't know a thing about it," he told BBC Sport.

"It was a shock to the system when we arrived to the Spurs training ground, and then it was a brilliant surprise to meet Jose. He is a top man."

Billy, 21, is taking on Lawro this weekend, and predicting the scores of the four FA Cup sixth-round ties, and four Premier League games.

He said: "I played a bit of football with my mates when I was a kid but it wasn't something I took that seriously, because racing is my passion.

"But I started supporting Tottenham when I was about 10 or 11 because the boss of my karting team was a Spurs fan and I just went along with that. The older I've got, the more I've got into them. They are my team now.

"My favourite players are Harry Kane and Dele Alli and, before he left, Christian Eriksen. He is an incredible player always stood out when he was playing for us because his squad number, 23, was my racing number too. I felt a real association with him through that."

Billy went to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for the first time earlier this month when he was a special guest for their 4-1 win over Crystal Palace.

"There were obviously no fans there, which was a shame because you want that atmosphere, it's part of watching a match" he said.

"But at the same time the fact the stadium was empty did give me an opportunity to kind of look at it and take it all in, and see just how amazing it is. Hopefully I will be back soon, when it is filled with our fans."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
Fulham v Leeds (20:00 GMT, Premier League)

Leeds haven't won - or scored - for a little while now, three games to be exact, which is very unlike them.

That's why I worry for Fulham a bit here, despite Scott Parker's side being in much better form.

When these two sides met at Elland Road back in September, we were finding out what Leeds were like in the top flight - they won 4-3, after losing to Liverpool by the same scoreline the previous weekend.

Fulham were like a different side then, and leaked a lot of goals. They have tightened up a lot since then, but I am expecting Leeds to start firing again here.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Billy's prediction: Leeds score a lot of goals but Fulham are looking decent at the moment. 1-1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56393472

blingo

Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 18, 2021, 09:26:40 PM
He is just a 'spitting image' puppet for gods sake - who takes any notice of a puppet?

An audience of clowns