watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Selection/Subs

Started by FFC In Oz, March 19, 2021, 10:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC In Oz

Why does Parker keep dropping/rotating/resting Tete and bringing in Robinson?

Robinson hasn't been the same player since his red card.  We've looked best with Aina on the left and Tete on the right.  Kenny has been one of our best players over the last month or so.

And what's the deal with Cav?  Struggled to make the bench in the Championship but all of a sudden he's undroppable in the PL?  He hasn't improved, he seems to have actually gotten worse if anything.

In the last 15 minutes of the first half (our best period of the game) Maja was getting heavily involved.  So what does SP do?  Take him for for Mitro. 

I'm honestly baffled. 

LittleErn

Quote from: FFC In Oz on March 19, 2021, 10:03:49 PM

Robinson hasn't been the same player since his red card.  We've looked best with Aina on the left and Tete on the right.  Kenny has been one of our best players over the last month or so.

And what's the deal with Cav?  Struggled to make the bench in the Championship but all of a sudden he's undroppable in the PL?  He hasn't improved, he seems to have actually gotten worse if anything.

In the last 15 minutes of the first half (our best period of the game) Maja was getting heavily involved.  So what does SP do?  Take him for for Mitro. 

I'm honestly baffled. 

Me too

hovewhite

Quote from: LittleErn on March 19, 2021, 10:07:11 PM

I'm honestly baffled. 

Me too

me also.

HV71

Plodder

It was collectively a poor effort all round tonight. Most of the players had poor games, and it was one of Scott's worst in terms of the substitutions.  I thought Reed was probably our best player - but Scott took him off rather than Anguissa or Lemina who both seemed to me to be struggling to cope in midfield.  Thereafter, Leeds Utd looked like scoring every time they broke forward. Taking Maja off rather than Cavaleiro or one of the midfielders was another major surprise to me.  I am really disappointed tonight. I just sense that's a defining moment in our season.  I hope I am wrong.

davew

It wouldn't have made any difference to tonights result, nobody played well!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Ruislip White

Same thoughts here.  Robinson offered nothing and looked a bag of nerves when he had the ball.  0n the flip side, I can't recall Tete having a bad game for us.  Can't understand why Robinson started  or stayed on.

filham

Quote from: hovewhite on March 19, 2021, 10:09:22 PM
Quote from: LittleErn on March 19, 2021, 10:07:11 PM

I'm honestly baffled. 

Me too

me also.
Yes it is a mystery that has been going on for a good while., suspect Parker has his eye on the Mouse Trap record.

Denver Fulham

Scott had a really bad night in terms of the initial lineup and baffling subs, and most of our players were terrible.

I have no idea why he took Reed off instead of either Lemina or Anguissa. That made absolutely no sense, and we got crushed for the final 25 minutes of the match.

LittleErn

Excuse coming up ----We were still shattered after the effort we made against City.

davew

Reed didn't have a great game well below his normal performance, Lemina hardly figured and Anguissa was awful, not going to add to his transfer valuation in the Summer!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Milo

I would agree up to the Maja/Mitro debate. Still feel Mitro will come good personally.

I think the one big mistake Parker made you didn't comment on was taking off Reed and not Lemina.

Lambo

Quote from: LittleErn on March 19, 2021, 10:26:24 PM
Excuse coming up ----We were still shattered after the effort we made against City.

Oh yes the greatest team in the world or course we would be shattered after playing them

Sgt Fulham

I was a bit baffled by the dropping of Tete, one of our best players. I was calling for him after 20 minutes. I was also calling for Mitro, but perhaps not for Maja. Anguissa was really disappointing today too and hasn't justified a place in the team for quite a while after an electric start to the season. Very poor day at the office for Parker and his team. I expect he will learn from it.

clarkey

Unbelievable not selecting Tete, shame Bobby Reed not fit as he would have made a difference. But Cav just appalling, he was terrible throughout, as was Lookman. We saw tonight why Lookman is not a top choice with his previous clubs, his finishing is dire and he plays with a head down near the box.He was terrible, please drop him and Cav. Get Kebano back.
Subbing Mitro for Maja, huge mistake as Maja was making things happen, it should have been Mitro for Cav, and maybe play Bryan on left to get some quality crosses in. Tete improved things at the back but honestly, so many players had an off night, they all lost their own battles against Leeds players which is the way Leeds play.
I felt sorry for Scott, he was let down tonight but he was poor too tonight.
We just failed to play our normal game, and were rushed into making mistake after mistake.
Even then we could have got it back with more balls into the box...but frankly Lookman would have missed every single chance he was given. He was so bad tonight.

Huge setback, now have a break.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: clarkey on March 19, 2021, 10:46:16 PM
Unbelievable not selecting Tete, shame Bobby Reed not fit as he would have made a difference. But Cav just appalling, he was terrible throughout, as was Lookman. We saw tonight why Lookman is not a top choice with his previous clubs, his finishing is dire and he plays with a head down near the box.He was terrible, please drop him and Cav. Get Kebano back.
Subbing Mitro for Maja, huge mistake as Maja was making things happen, it should have been Mitro for Cav, and maybe play Bryan on left to get some quality crosses in. Tete improved things at the back but honestly, so many players had an off night, they all lost their own battles against Leeds players which is the way Leeds play.
I felt sorry for Scott, he was let down tonight but he was poor too tonight.
We just failed to play our normal game, and were rushed into making mistake after mistake.
Even then we could have got it back with more balls into the box...but frankly Lookman would have missed every single chance he was given. He was so bad tonight.

Huge setback, now have a break.

+1.  No idea why SP rotates Tete every second game.  He's the best full back in the squad.

Quote from: Denver Fulham on March 19, 2021, 10:23:13 PM
Scott had a really bad night in terms of the initial lineup and baffling subs, and most of our players were terrible.

I have no idea why he took Reed off instead of either Lemina or Anguissa. That made absolutely no sense, and we got crushed for the final 25 minutes of the match.

Neither.  No idea why he started with all 3 either. 

Honestly flummoxed.