watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I blame our belief yesterday

Started by Willham, March 20, 2021, 12:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willham

Reviewing the game yesterday I have a feeling it was because of the belief in our squad we didnt win yesterday, every other time we've played leeds under SP we've changed tactics to snipe Leeds' threat, yesterday we set up very similar to every game this year and leeds is still a different kettle of fish, we tried to play our own game because we had belief we could, which with hindsight was wrong.

I dont entirely blame SP for believing this, I guess we all kinda did off the back of recent results.

Caedal

I actually think it was the opposite. I think they underestimated Leeds and thought it would be an easy game after coming through the Spurs/Pool/City games

Willham

That's what I was trying to say, we believed too much that our own performance would out weigh leeds, we didnt respect them enough.

PaulJ123

We were just rubbish, don't deserve to stay up based on that.

Funny thinking back to all those posts on here debating who we'll sign out of Lookman, Joa etc a few weeks ago. Based on yesterday's performance, none.

RaySmith

I think we did seem surprisingly unprepared for the sheer ferocity of Leeds pressing game - they were all over our players like a rash, whenever they had the ball and that included our defenders wanting to play it out from the back, and we  just seemed to find it hard to cope, and get our foot on the ball, and keep possession.

But after we scored,  we looked by far the better team, and it looked just a matter of  when we'd score again, as Leeds defence almost crumbled, and we penned them back.

i think we  thought we could carry on like that in the second half, but Leeds came at us again, though their breakaway goal, after we'd nearly scored, was a real sucker punch, and we should have   been able to deal with it, and not concede, which put a whole different emphasis on the game, with Leeds able to absorb pressure, and  try to hit us on the break.