Main Menu

parker got it wrong twice in a row

Started by ALG01, March 19, 2021, 11:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

Quote from: colinwhite on March 21, 2021, 06:53:50 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on March 21, 2021, 03:31:54 PM
Quote from: Cambridge Pete on March 21, 2021, 12:08:39 PM
I can't remember which Prime Minister when asked about the easiest job in politics replied "opposition" You have hindsight and your decisions don't come back to haunt you.  Scott Parker is, in my opinion, a good manager and has, after a poor start, done some excellent work. Likewise our DofF appears to have learnt from past mistakes. It is easy for us to be critical but we don't have all the information or have to make the decisions. In some games substitutions work, in others they don't. Over the next couple of months we need to pull together. Friday night was a "Bad day at the office" we have all had them and hopefully have learned from them. The man who never made a mistake never did anything.

This isn't politics. being critical after the event is easy but during the game when it is going wrong and not doing what needs to be done is foolish. it was obvious V leeds tete needed to come on in the first half, move aina to LB and take robbo off OR go five at the back and remove lemina who was having a shocker. that wasn't hindsite as my groups text will atest but knowing what needed to be done in real time.

Actually scott makes a lot of poor substitutions when we need to get a result. he is good when we are ahead.
as far as the DoF is concenred I do not see a man what is learning because if he had learned anything then in the first week of January we would have seen some action to address our lamentable lack of forward line. The art of management is making it happen, lame excuses afterwards is for losers and to be honest he is the biggest reason we are third bottom and not top half with the current manager.
I like scott but these last two games were not his finest.

Getting a bit embarrassing this . You cant seriously believe you know more about how to match and coach the team than Parker ,because thats what  you sound like to me and others.  The really obvious thing is that  as a coach you make judgements based on what you know about your own players and the oppositon. These are things you dont have a clue about so get off his back!!

I have been on the far periphery of football coaching. I currently coach at EJA level, which is a pretty good standard. We lose players to pro clubs regularly.

I can say two things:

Firstly, football is unique insofar as everyone who, common sense would tell you they have a limited knowledge of the game, thinks they are an expert on the game.

Lastly, if you have a real love of the art of coaching and you spend 30 minutes with people that also have that passion but are involved at the top end, you are in absolute awe of the multi level of factors they deal with.

You're absolutely right on how many different elements they are faced with.

The crazy thing I believe is that if the biggest critics on here spent 3 days alongside the people they criticise and watched all the factors they deal with head-on. I believe they would become the biggest defenders of their role.