watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mike dean

Started by bobbo, March 21, 2021, 09:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Who I don't think is normally awful just gave spuds a pen for a trip on Kane that was over th by line .
Minute late target hauled down in front of him nothing given . Talk about favouring the bigger club.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

perry geyton

The penalty was pathetic

jarv

Something is seriously wrong with referees in the premier at the moment. They dont seem to know what the rules are. Of course, I blame var but stand to be corrected if anyone has any ideas why they are so bad.

_Putney_

Referees, the PL, the FA, UEFA, FIFA... i don't know who it is, but someone's got it seriously wrong if that's a penalty

Robbie

Kane is an outrageous cheat. Always toppling over. Because he has a gong and is royalty he gets away with it.

FFC1987

On Kanes penalty, I can't make up my mind on whether its just really clever, or acted simulation. No doubt it's clever. He's read the situation perfectly but a bit like the penalty we were talking about the other day with Arsenal, Kane would get no advantage had the tackle not taken place. Much like the Arsenal penalty, you can't go jumping in and make contact and not expect a foul but this is a wierd situation as he's not trying to tackle, he's trying to block, a bit like Sanchez last week. I think there needs to be an evaluation on how advantage is taken or given away here.

bog

Penalties were originally only if a player was in a position to score.

092.gif

Jim©

Quote from: Robbie on March 21, 2021, 10:36:37 PM
Kane is an outrageous cheat. Always toppling over. Because he has a gong and is royalty he gets away with it.

I never really thought it until our game v spurs this season. He fell in the box and clearly mouthed to the ref "100% pen" whilst holding his ankle and grimacing. Imagine my surprise when the replays showed that Aina was actually no where near touching him. Don't they have any pride?

SP

If Spurs ever commission a statue of Kane, he'll be lying on the floor holding his shin screaming penalty. Embarrassing.

sunburywhite

Quote from: SP on March 22, 2021, 06:16:13 PM
If Spurs ever commission a statue of Kane, he'll be lying on the floor holding his shin screaming penalty. Embarrassing.

PMSL
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

toshes mate

Quote from: Jim© on March 22, 2021, 05:03:48 PM

I never really thought it until our game v spurs this season. He fell in the box and clearly mouthed to the ref "100% pen" whilst holding his ankle and grimacing. Imagine my surprise when the replays showed that Aina was actually no where near touching him. Don't they have any pride?

And did the referee take action against Kane for simulation which is just as serious a problem in football as are foul tackles?  I am sorry to say that most of our referees are either totally incompetent or totally corrupt but the FA cannot have it both ways.  The FA has to start punishing all habitual law breakers until they stop doing it and Dean and company have a role in ensuring that happens if they are truly fit for purpose.

_Putney_

Quote from: toshes mate on March 23, 2021, 06:59:34 AM
Quote from: Jim© on March 22, 2021, 05:03:48 PM

And did the referee take action against Kane for simulation which is just as serious a problem in football as are foul tackles?  I am sorry to say that most of our referees are either totally incompetent or totally corrupt but the FA cannot have it both ways.  The FA has to start punishing all habitual law breakers until they stop doing it and Dean and company have a role in ensuring that happens if they are truly fit for purpose.

I obviously agree with you, but I think the problem is, the FA (PL, UEFA, FIFA) doesn't have to do anything... it seems all this cheating is fine.  The money still rolls in.  The social media crowd seem to be mixed about it... so some thought it was a penalty (my guess in the younger generation) and some didn't.  But I guess the money isn't dropping either way.

Sammyffc

Quote from: bobbo on March 21, 2021, 09:05:52 PM
Who I don't think is normally awful just gave spuds a pen for a trip on Kane that was over th by line .
Minute late target hauled down in front of him nothing given . Talk about favouring the bigger club.

I just watched it in slow motion, cash catches kane just before he crosses the line. Rules of the law are that it is a pen, whether we like it or not

Woolly Mammoth

What a great penalty taker Harry Kane is, they are almost perfect with power and precision.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.