watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR... TV Show... Line Of Duty

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, March 21, 2021, 04:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Having seen the first two episodes I do feel that although in its way a unique approach to crime programmes the series is beginning to show signs of tiredness.
I hope that they make this one the last and have it remembered for its style rather than having gone one or two too many.

FFC1987

Big fan of the show, been mildly disappointed by the start of this one, I binged watched all series prior to this one and one thing that was very different to almost all the series, was the climatic pacing towards a great end of the first episode....It never really went out of second gear and didn't really hit any kind of triumphant finish to the episode. Its got slightly better in episode 2 but still not really that good.....

keithh

Still love the show; agreed it could become stale but with an extra episode at the end we expect the best - we keep all our recordings in order to revisit them when applicable to better understand the plots.

Currently also enjoyed Resident Alien & Air Hostess.

Woolly Mammoth

I thought the first episode was poor by their standards, but the second episode warmed up and was a lot better, although the biggest disappointment for me was the actress who plays DCI Davidson is far from convincing as a police officer, her acting is mediocre and she is misplaced in that role. Nevertheless I am looking forward to watching the next episode although I know the ending, yes you've guessed it the Butler did it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Give it chance, I hear it's going to be quite punchy and topical which will add another dimension.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

alfie

I have never seen a single episode, is it worth all the hype?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Southcoastffc

Quote from: alfie on April 02, 2021, 10:27:28 AM

It's only a tv programme.  Is any worth the hype?  That said, I watch and enjoy it.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Holders

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 02, 2021, 12:10:18 PM

It's only a tv programme.  Is any worth the hype?  That said, I watch and enjoy it.

I couldn't get into game of thrones, which many rave about. Each to their own. I just enjoy good quality UK drama and, in my view, this is the best for years.

FFC1987

Yes, I rate it up there with the Sopranos for best television.

Steeeeeeeeeed

One thing I will say is that there does se to be some general similarities in the main story to the Jill Dando case so far, away from all the politics and bent copper stuff.

alfie

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 02, 2021, 01:02:37 PM

Ahh that doesn't help as I have never watched the Sopranos either.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Logicalman

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 30, 2021, 10:17:43 PM
My wife is leaving me because she says I am obsessed with 'Line of Duty'.
For the benefit of the tape, she's just left the house with her suitcase... 🥰👍

:005:   :012:

:023: You forgot to add the time!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: alfie on April 02, 2021, 03:57:06 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on April 02, 2021, 01:02:37 PM

Ahh that doesn't help as I have never watched the Sopranos either.

That's also worth watching tbh - along with Breaking Bad, et al.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on April 01, 2021, 09:17:00 AM....
I know "one man's meat etc."
Come on Pete.... let's  not start talking about another man's meat..... it's a family website  😉🤣👍⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Spoiler Alert!
The young Constable who is driving DCI Davidson has been planted there by H.
You have got to have seen the end of a previous series to know why that is my theory.

Holders

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 02, 2021, 05:51:07 PM
Spoiler Alert!
You have got to have seen the end of a previous series to know why that is my theory.

Clearly. But there is a hypothesis that it's a bluff and he's gone straight...

I don't trust that woman DCC.

FFC1987

Quote from: Holders on April 02, 2021, 06:37:21 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 02, 2021, 05:51:07 PM
Spoiler Alert!

Clearly. But there is a hypothesis that it's a bluff and he's gone straight...

I don't trust that woman DCC.

Too obvious. I think it'll be a double bluff. Obvious plant, to potential, gone straight copper to plant to deceive another part of the plot. My hypothesis (spoiler free) is the asian lad from the early seasons who gave his card to the young DC mentioned originally, is a relative of top brass Rohan Sindwhani......But I also don't think that makes him H but someone conspiring with the elusive H......Look forward to being totally wrong about that though ha.

Plodder

Hope this is not going off on too much of a tangent, but the problem with many of the "must watch" TV series is that they are milked to death. I watched Breaking Bad (62 episodes) during the first lockdown and the premise was a good concept, but by the end I was watching out of a sense of duty to get to the end rather than feeling eager to see and enjoy the next episode. I had the same experience with Designated Survivor (53 episodes) and I am now slogging through Vikings (a bum numbing 89 episodes).  I am tempted by Line of Duty (if I ever finish Vikings), but I fear the same experience.

Woolly Mammoth

It is very arresting.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Cambridge Pete

Thanks Tup North I needed a laugh 064.gif