watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 24/03/21...

Started by WhiteJC, March 24, 2021, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

What does the future hold for Fulham's Neeskens Kebano following Middlesbrough loan?

Middlesbrough are going to have some big transfer decisions to make this summer.

With a spot in the play-offs a real long-shot it means that Neil Warnock's side are making preparations for another season in the Championship.

This time, however, there's no doubt about what their target will be.

Warnock is arguably one of the best managers around at this level and it's clear that he knows what it takes to secure promotion to the Premier League – something that he'll certainly be looking to achieve with Middlesbrough.

But if the club are to challenge next term then they'll need to recruit well this summer and add some real quality to the group.

One player who they've been able to watch closely of late is Neeskens Kebano.

The Fulham star completed a loan move to the Riverside Stadium in the January transfer window and has been really impressive during that time.

Kebano has made 11 appearances for Middlesbrough during that time but with the campaign coming to an end it means that a decision will need to be made over his future.

Neil Warnock will certainly be keen to bring in a player like Kebano this summer, but his future will be far from confirmed.

The 29-year-old has one year remaining on his contract at Craven Cottage which means that this summer will be pivotal in deciding his future.

A key factor in his future will be Fulham's battle to avoid relegation.

Kebano was way down the pecking order under Scott Parker in the Premier League, and it's likely that if they stayed up that Kebano would be allowed to move on this summer.

However if Fulham did suffer relegation then there's every chance that Kebano could be called upon to help the Whites secure promotion next time around.

Either way his future is unlikely to be decided until the summer, which means that Middlesbrough could face an anxious wait to see if they have any chance of securing his signature on a permanent basis.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/what-does-the-future-hold-for-fulhams-neeskens-kebano-following-middlesbrough-loan/

WhiteJC

surely not?! West Ham fan wants David Moyes OUT and either Scott Parker or Brendan Rodgers to replace him in bid to secure Champions League spot

David Moyes has taken West Ham from relegation strugglers to Champions League hopefuls inside the space of 15 months, but for one Irons fan that isn't enough.

In fact, George the Hammer believes now is the right time for Moyes to leave the London Stadium for a second time – yes, you heard right – following their spectacular collapse against Arsenal on Sunday.

Moyes' men looked to be cruising to victory following first-half strikes from Jesse Lingard, Jarrod Bowen and Tomas Soucek.

But own goals from Soucek and Craig Dawson and a late header from Gunners striker Alexandre Lacazette's saw Mikel Arteta's men pick up a valuable point in a thrilling 3-3 draw in east London.

And on Monday night's Sports Bar, George made his feelings on Moyes crystal clear – insisting Scott Parker or Brendan Rodgers would secure a top-four finish for the east London side.

Quizzed by Perry Groves over whether he's happy with the Hammers sitting fifth in the Premier League, especially considering their struggles last season, George responded: "Not really, as everyone is having a mare.

"We're pretty much where I expect us to be, but I know we're going to blow it."

Both Groves and Jason Cundy were taken aback by George's revelations.

But, undeterred, he added: "Yeah, but it's not taking into account Liverpool's mare, Arsenal's mare... this is our great chance to get top-four.

"If we had Scott Parker or Brendan Rodgers as manager I think we'd get there. We'd get their managers as we're a big London dog."

So are you saying you want Moyes replaced at the helm, Groves pressed, to which George simply responded: "Yeah..."

There's just no pleasing some people!

https://talksport.com/football/853858/

WhiteJC

Antonee Robinson: "I've always been in relegation battles, but with Fulham it's different"

Antonee Robinson has two big targets for the remainder of his breakthrough season at the highest level - to change the way the world views American soccer and save Fulham from relegation

Antonee Robinson is ready to secure a long-term starting role in the United States national team by impressing in their upcoming friendlies - before helping Fulham to Premier League safety.

The Milton Keynes-born USMNT defender is looking to set-up an extended career at the highest level both internationally and domestically by ending the season on a double high.

Robinson is eligible to represent The Stars and Stripes thanks to his father's nine-year stay across the pond which allowed Marlon to secure U.S. citizenship for himself and his children.

The 23-year-old ended any doubt over his international future by turning down England's Under-21 invitation in 2018, and has gone on to make eight senior outings as the 2026 World Cup draws ever closer.

At club level, Robinson did enough at Wigan after leaving Everton to earn a move to newly-promoted Fulham, and has shown glimpses of his ability with an eye on a concrete first-team birth.

Speaking to the media before friendlies against Jamaica and Northern Ireland, Robinson has outlined his experience in battling relegation and why it feels different this time around.

He said: "I've been in relegation fights for pretty much my whole mens career.

"Obviously I started with Bolton and then had two seasons with Wigan which was tough as well, but with Fulham I feel like it's slightly different.

"At the start of the season we were getting written off pretty early, everyone outside the team felt they we were certain to go down. I personally, and lot of the team, we never felt like that.

"I feel like we knew what we were about and that we were a good team, had good players and that we were going in the right direction with everything we were working on.

"That seems to be bearing fruit at the moment, unless it is impossible for us to stay up we will keep fighting towards staying up.

"Whether it comes [getting out of the bottom three] over the next few games or on the final day against Newcastle, then we have to battle and that's what we will do."

First and foremost for Robinson, he will be doing his best impress USMNT boss Gregg Berhalter in a squad that includes Sergino Dest, Christian Pulisic and Giovanni Reyna among others.

"I think ultimately all the players that are being called, the guys over from the MLS and the European-based players, we all share the same same goals," he continued.

"That we want to win trophies, we want to change the way that the world sort of views American soccer.

"There are a lot of young hungry players and we're excited to try and win stuff, and a lot of time is coming off in the summer, and then qualifying afterwards. It gives us a great opportunity to showcase that."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/antonee-robinson-fulham-usmnt-23781334

WhiteJC

'Scott Parker will be watching': Tim Sherwood delivers verdict on Aston Villa

Tim Sherwood told Optus Sport on Premier League Productions that the wheels are starting to 'come off' at Aston Villa.

The former Villa boss warned that Dean Smith cannot allow the wheels to 'completely fly off'.

Over the weekend, the Midlands side, once again, struggled without their expert ball-carrier in the final third as they suffered a 2-0 defeat to Tottenham.

Villa's next stop is another London club, this time Fulham, and Sherwood shared that Scott Parker will be 'watching' their recent match and how the luck isn't with him because Jack Grealish will be back for that encounter.

"They are probably where I expected them to be this season," said Sherwood. "Probably a little bit higher by one or two positions.

"It was such a great start by Dean (Smith). But I always felt that the wheels would come off and they have started to come off.

"But hopefully, they don't completely fly off. It's a good time to play Villa without Jack Grealish.

"Scott Parker will be watching this thinking 'we are playing them next, fighting for our lives and it looks like they cannot create anything going forward without Grealish and he's going to be back'.

"Sometimes, the games fall for you. For Scott Parker and Fulham, the main man is back and they'll start creating again."

The problem for Villa is that weeks before Grealish got injured, they were struggling in the final third, even with the expert creator in the side.

But that blip Villa have been going through has continued to drag on and they are now looking lost all over the pitch.

After dreaming of a potential European finish, Villa may now find themselves outside of the top ten if they continue in their current ways.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/23/scott-parker-will-be-watching-tim-sherwood-delivers-verdict-on-aston-villa/

WhiteJC

Villa Game Moved

Fulham's match against Aston Villa has been pushed back a day, and will now kick-off at 4.30pm on Sunday 4th April.

The fixture will still be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Our match has moved following the draw for the Champions League, to allow Liverpool to now play on the Saturday ahead of their Quarter-Final tie.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/march/Villa-Game-Moved/

filham

Parker to West Ham is an interesting speculation, I suppose he could look upon it as a stepping stone to his ultimate job as Spurs manager.